goku747 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Create thickness in mid section (Abs and Obliques) after fat loss

Looking for some recommendations/guidance.

I dropped a significant amount of weight. I went from 260 to 195. With all the fat loss, I have also gained some muscle during that time. I have some nice big biceps, and my chest is growing. Quads are exploding. These areas will be fine, as far as excess skin is concerned - because it was minimum to begin with, and filling up the empty space with muscle seems to be fairly easy with hard work.

My mid section is another story. It's not as bad as I thought it would be, but it's still not great. Like I said, my chest is growing pretty fast and I feel that will fill out just fine, over the next year or two. But my stomach needs some help.

My goal here is to increase the thickness of Abs and Obliques - to try to create as much muscle thickness in that area to fill out as much as possible. I don't expect miracles, but would be nice to know that I did everything possible on my end to reap the rewards of all my work. Nothing like doing all this work on my diet and gym, only to still feel ashamed to take off my shirt next summer (or any summer, for that matter).

I am not looking to address the actual SKIN issue . . . but what can I do for the abs and obliques to get my waist as thick as possible but not sloppy and fat. What routines or exercises do you recommend for that area to grow muscle ? I might be okay, if I can fill that area up as much as possible (With muscle) because it's not THAT bad. But it's still not good.

Any suggestions?

Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The major lifts like squats, deadlifts, OHP etc all tax your core and build overall strength. Focus on those and supplement with a few ab specific exercises throughout the week and you will build add muscle.
    “Other gyms use machines… CrossFit builds them”

goku747 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Vandeman17 View Post
    The major lifts like squats, deadlifts, OHP etc all tax your core and build overall strength. Focus on those and supplement with a few ab specific exercises throughout the week and you will build add muscle.
    Thank you!!