Thread: 14 years later

gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

14 years later

Well, after browsing the site recently and reading numerous articles about diet, training and various other things, I realised I signed up and made 4 posts back in 2004! Here's the original thread....

Oooops, cannot post a link

Since then I have done many things. I had a complete pec rupture back in around 2006/7 whilst benching 350lbs. After surgery I decided to quit the steroids and start something a little more active so began playing rec hockey. Stopped that a few years ago now and for the last 4 years I have been doing Crossfit pretty intensely. For various reasons, I decided to stop that around 8 weeks ago and go back to bodybuilding.

I am loving it so far and a lot of the things are coming back to me with regards to programming, although I am missing the high intensity cardio and currently consuming too many bad calories so have started to add some unwanted BF. That's what brought me back here, as I was searching for ways to compliment the lifting with some fat burning cardio, although I know I just need to do some calorie deficit to burn some fat.

After spending a few weeks settling in, I have decided to do a 4/5 day split (still working it out). For the last two weeks I have done..

Chest & Tri
    Back and Bi
    REST (maybe 40-60 minutes road bike)
    Shoulders
    Legs
    Light cardio
    Rest.

Currently around 82kg / 182lbs - unsure of BF %

I am open to suggestions with regards to hitting body parts more than once a week, although I am hitting them pretty hard when I do, although perhaps not as hard as when I made that first post .

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lots of people want to mix weights and cardio for almost as many different reasons. Sure there's a compromise there but many people seem to manage the compromise well

The "Bible" for this may be this book
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tactical-Ba.../dp/B0143HDCWS
    Read the extended description and see what you think?

Hope this helps...