Thread: Squat form fix

gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000) gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000) gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000) gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000) gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000) gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000) gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000) gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000) gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000) gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000) gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000)

Wink Squat form fix

I'm 16 and I've been training for 2 years, I weigh 69 kg and I would like someone to help me with my squat form.

Yesterday I was going for a one-rep max of 140 kg and I completely smashed it, I guess I underestimated myself but when looking at the video I can see that my body is swinging to one side and the other which always happens when I go heavy on squats but also deadlifts.

Anyone know how to fix this problem ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4VpQph1ceg

gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000) gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000) gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000) gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000) gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000) gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000) gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000) gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000) gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000) gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000) gzumafia is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by gzumafia View Post
    I'm 16 and I've been training for 2 years, I weigh 69 kg and I would like someone to help me with my squat form.

Yesterday I was going for a one-rep max of 140 kg and I completely smashed it, I guess I underestimated myself but when looking at the video I can see that my body is swinging to one side and the other which always happens when I go heavy on squats but also deadlifts.

Anyone know how to fix this problem ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4VpQph1ceg
    bump

ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I used to have this problem, I believe it's referred to as hip shift. Everyone has hip shift to some extent but the main reason why I had it pretty noticeably was that one of my feet was ahead of the other. If it really bothers you put a line of tape or something on the floor and put your feet lined up. It might feel like your feet are out of alignment to start but eventually, you will adjust. In deadlift, it could be a similar thing or perhaps you mixed grip has your shoulders asymmetrical and this goes down to your hips. I think this also becomes less pronounced the bigger you get.

Tbh though it isn't a problem and everyone has hip shift, if you're comfortable this way trying to fix it could change your form. Further, there would be negligible muscle imbalances or things like that caused by this.

Also your hip shift is negligible - everyone always sees faults in themselves hahah.
    545 squat
    poverty bench
    607 deadlift
    what is OHP

a brah tryin to make it AdnanJumper's Avatar
    AdnanJumper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It seems like the sudden bracing is destabilizing the bar a bit, you can see it off set a little before descending into the hole which may be causing your body to compensate in an effort to keep it balanced and bring it up.

As gzumafia said it could be the hip shift although its minimal. Squat University recently posted a video on how to fix this exact issue. (can't post links cuz Im a new kent)

There is always the option to lower the load and focus on trying to stay symmetrical on each rep, maybe try doing some light tempos to see if having greater control of the weight and bar will improve the hip shift.
    5'10 157lbs

Squat 275lbs
    Bench 205 lbs
    Deadlift 370lbs