zuccisafterme is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Current workout effective for weight loss?

Hey everyone,

Before I begin, apologies if this is the wrong place to post this. I'm also going to post this in the "Losing Fat" thread in case this gets removed.

So, about me: I'm 17 years old, 5'10 and I'm currently pretty overweight. I've generally been most of my life, however for the last few years I've let my physical health slip and so I'm trying to get myself back into a healthy shape again. I've struggled the last few years trying to keep myself healthy, and the fact I'm even posting on here surprises even myself.

I don't have access to scales right now to give you a sense of my body type, but I have a 40" chest and 38" hip. Generally I wear shirts between L-XL and currently wear 38" jeans (I need to wear a belt as they're too big).

I've currently been following a workout plan for the last couple weeks which has helped be get back into the gym as follows:

2 DAYS A WEEK:

- 14 mins rowing (I can do 2500m/14 mins), increase 2 mins rowing ev. week
    - Press Combo, 4 sets/10 reps - 50lbs
    -Pec Fly. 4 sets/10 reps - 70lbs
    -Leg extension, 4 sets/10 reps - 70lbs
    Hi-Lo Pulley, 4 sets/10 reps - 90/100lbs

For each of the weights I use, I have a 90 second rest between sets (although this feels too long).

Since I've just started this only a couple weeks ago, I was wondering if anyone on here can give me an educated guess as to how much weight I can lose from following this as it stands? I want to be 4-5 inches slimmer by December as I'm going to an event, and generally want don't want my gut to stick out! :P

Forgot to mention, but I'm also sticking to a 500cal/day deficit. On school weeks, I usually eat melon and a brown bread sandwich w/ chicken filling for lunch.

What changes (if I need to make any) can I make to what I'm doing right now? 2 Days a week feels like I'm not doing as much as I can to maximise my weight loss.

Thank you everyone so much for the help!