theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Arrow 4 questions about NASM

I'm thinking of getting a NASM cert. I hear I have 6 months before the test which is a decent amount of time? I'm assuming they send you a huge textbook that you have to read through and take practice tests?

Also, I see the cert is only good for 2yrs and a recert costs $330, kind of pricy.

1.) How much did you study? How much material is there?
    2.) How hard was the test? Multiple choice? Fill in the blank?
    3.) What does recertifying consist of?
    4.) Anything else I should know before about the process or about being a PT?

reps
    ★☆★ Full-Time Philadelphia Eagles Fan ★☆★

100% 中國人

USMC Infantry

Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So yea, they send you a text book and access to the online portal. I just followed the syllabus and completed each section as recommended and took all the practice tests and quizzes a couple times until I felt comfortable enough to take the test. The test was semi difficult and was all multiple choice and was a bit tougher than the practice tests. I did pass it on the first try but you get 2 without having to pay again. To re-certify you need 2.0 CEUs every 2 years and your CPR AED license. To get the CEUs you can take another NASM course which pretty much covers the entire amount of them and you also pay a renewal fee or you can pay a one time recertfiy for life fee, which I chose to do. I would say the biggest thing is make sure you have a passion for helping others and treat every client like they are your only one. Good luck and I hope that helped some

theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) theACEofSPADES has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Ferrara715 View Post
    So yea, they send you a text book and access to the online portal. I just followed the syllabus and completed each section as recommended and took all the practice tests and quizzes a couple times until I felt comfortable enough to take the test. The test was semi difficult and was all multiple choice and was a bit tougher than the practice tests. I did pass it on the first try but you get 2 without having to pay again. To re-certify you need 2.0 CEUs every 2 years and your CPR AED license. To get the CEUs you can take another NASM course which pretty much covers the entire amount of them and you also pay a renewal fee or you can pay a one time recertfiy for life fee, which I chose to do. I would say the biggest thing is make sure you have a passion for helping others and treat every client like they are your only one. Good luck and I hope that helped some
    Thanks for the information. I'm still weighing the pros and cons to all this. I'm not sure if I want to do it now due to time. How long did it take you to study from the time you got the material to test day?

100% 中國人

USMC Infantry

Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ferrara715 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by theACEofSPADES View Post
    Thanks for the information. I'm still weighing the pros and cons to all this. I'm not sure if I want to do it now due to time. How long did it take you to study from the time you got the material to test day?
    For me it took about 4 months. I'm not great at taking tests so I really went over everything a bunch to make sure it sank in. I would really recommend it. When I first began I was just taking the course to pass the test so I could become certified. I actually found out that what I knew, or thought I knew, was just bare basics and there was a whole ton of stuff that came in really helpful in not only my own training but client success as well. I would highly recommend it

Originally Posted by Ferrara715 View Post
    For me it took about 4 months. I'm not great at taking tests so I really went over everything a bunch to make sure it sank in. I would really recommend it. When I first began I was just taking the course to pass the test so I could become certified. I actually found out that what I knew, or thought I knew, was just bare basics and there was a whole ton of stuff that came in really helpful in not only my own training but client success as well. I would highly recommend it
    So it was like a semester long course in a way. Were you actually studying every day or when you had time? Aside from the CEUs and CPR, what else do you have to do to recert? Do you have to take the exam again?

100% 中國人

USMC Infantry

bluebarbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebarbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebarbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebarbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebarbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebarbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebarbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebarbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebarbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebarbell will become famous soon enough. (+50) bluebarbell will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Depends which package you buy. The lowest cost one they just send an e-book.

This is why most people go with ACE. NASM is expensive AF.

I'm thinking of getting a NASM cert. I hear I have 6 months before the test which is a decent amount of time? I'm assuming they send you a huge textbook that you have to read through and take practice tests?
    That's Recertify for Life. That's optional, you pay upfront $330 and don't need to pay to renew ever. Just keep up with CPR/AED and CEUs.

If you don't do Recertify for Life it's $99 every two years.

lso, I see the cert is only good for 2yrs and a recert costs $330, kind of pricy.