HahaRaptor is not very well liked. (-100) HahaRaptor is not very well liked. (-100) HahaRaptor is not very well liked. (-100) HahaRaptor is not very well liked. (-100) HahaRaptor is not very well liked. (-100) HahaRaptor is not very well liked. (-100) HahaRaptor is not very well liked. (-100) HahaRaptor is not very well liked. (-100) HahaRaptor is not very well liked. (-100) HahaRaptor is not very well liked. (-100) HahaRaptor is not very well liked. (-100)

HahaRaptor's 30 day Carnivore Cut

Stats:

Height: 6'1

Weight: 190

I'm a natural ecto who's been lifting consistently for 6 months. I've put on a decent amount of size relative to how a was, but also ate pretty much whatever I wanted so I've gained some fat as well, and now it's time to lean down.

I'm doing the carnivore diet for a few reasons. First, I have been in ketosis before and I found it to be a much more "level" energy for lack of a better term. No ups and downs, just clean stable energy throughout the day. Second, I'm intrigued about people who rave about it, so I figure i'll do it for 30 days. And lastly, I expect to get extremely shredded in a small amount of time. I don't intend to stay on this diet longterm, unless I feel so miraculously great then I may extend it.

My diet will mostly consist of beef, fish, and eggs. Supplements will be Cod Liver Oil and Vitamin D3/K2.

I'm excited to see how this turns out. I'll be posting what I consume as well as my workout everyday. I'll try to answer as many questions as possible if anyone has any.

Also, I will post a pic every 10 days starting today.

Attached Images

Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    People rave about all sorts of things, though I really don't understand the appeal of a diet with no fruit/vegetables/grains. Dietary fibre has so much positive impact on health and your diet will have zero.

HahaRaptor is not very well liked. (-100) HahaRaptor is not very well liked. (-100) HahaRaptor is not very well liked. (-100) HahaRaptor is not very well liked. (-100) HahaRaptor is not very well liked. (-100) HahaRaptor is not very well liked. (-100) HahaRaptor is not very well liked. (-100) HahaRaptor is not very well liked. (-100) HahaRaptor is not very well liked. (-100) HahaRaptor is not very well liked. (-100) HahaRaptor is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Gwybodaeth View Post
    People rave about all sorts of things, though I really don't understand the appeal of a diet with no fruit/vegetables/grains. Dietary fibre has so much positive impact on health and your diet will have zero.

Hey man thanks for stopping by!

For me, this is really just an experiment, I've thought about the fiber issue as well but it's only 30 days so at the end of the day ill be fine. There is a lot of science published about our lack of need for fiber to be healthy. I don't have the studies on hand, and these days science can honestly be used to push any narrative. With that being said, i'll definitely post how I feel in regards to the lack of fiber.

Day 1

Meal 1: (1pm)

8oz Slow cooked chuck steak + can of Kippered Herring

Cod Liver Oil
    Vitamin D3/K2

Meal 2: (9pm) (Preworkout meal)

4oz Slow cooked chuck steak + 1 egg over easy

Liquids:
    1 gallon of water + black coffee

It was day 1 today so I knew there'd be parts of the day where i'd feel a little off as my body is burning through my glycogen stores. It was temporary, and then I was back to normal. Overall, a solid day and I got a nice workout in for Legs/Abs/Shoulders day. I think i'll add more eggs into my diet on a daily basis, as they help keep me full. Plus I want to increase fats and cholesterol since I'm omitting carbs. First day in the books

Day 2

Meal 1: (2pm)

8oz Slow cooked chuck steak + can of Choped Clams

Cod Liver Oil
    Vitamin D3/K2
    Zinc

Meal 2: (9pm) (Preworkout meal)

4oz Slow cooked chuck steak + 1 egg over easy

Liquids:

Another day another dollar, felt fine throughout the day, extremely satiated. On Wednesdays I dont lift, I play soccer. So got some good cardio in through that. Looking forward to Day 3. Added zinc to my supplements just because I still have some and I notice I have more energy when I take it

Day 3

Meal 1 (3:30 pm)

8oz Bottom Chuck Roast
    Cod Liver Oil
    Vitamin D3/K2
    Zinc

Meal 2 (9pm) (Preworkout)

Can of Kippered Herring

Liquids:
    Gallon of water + black coffee

Normally Thursday is a rest day for me, but because I felt restless today I decided to hit the gym just to hop on the stairmaster for 30 mins and get a nice cardio session in. It did feel good, as did I throughout the day. I am starting to get sick of slow cooked beef, so once I finish this roast I think ill switch to burgers with bacon and egg until I get sick of that. Physically i feel great, the fat keeps me full and due to the lack of sugar in my diet there is no crash ever, just stable energy. 10% of the way done

FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Is 30 days even enough to get accustomed to such a huge change?
    Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175660541

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FaIIen View Post
    Is 30 days even enough to get accustomed to such a huge change?
    It depends what changes you’re referring to. For me, yes. I’m doing this to put my body into ketosis (burning fat for energy instead of glucose) and to cut so I can bulk again, this time more of a lean bulk. I don’t plan on doing this long term, but more of a tool for cutting.

Some research I’ve done says that a lack of fiber can reset your gut microbiome, which would explain many people healing their stomach problems, allergies, and auto-immune diseases on the carnivore diet. One example is Mikaila Peterson if you’re interested.

I told gwybodaeth i’ll Let him know how I feel with no fiber, and so far no problems at all. We shall see.

FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by HahaRaptor View Post
    It depends what changes you’re referring to. For me, yes. I’m doing this to put my body into ketosis (burning fat for energy instead of glucose) and to cut so I can bulk again, this time more of a lean bulk. I don’t plan on doing this long term, but more of a tool for cutting.

Some research I’ve done says that a lack of fiber can reset your gut microbiome, which would explain many people healing their stomach problems, allergies, and auto-immune diseases on the carnivore diet. One example is Mikaila Peterson if you’re interested.

I told gwybodaeth i’ll Let him know how I feel with no fiber, and so far no problems at all. We shall see.

No I've heard about both Mikaila and Jordan. I don't think what you're doing makes sense. You'll be in a transitional limbo while mowing towards ketosis - that's not going to be a healthy or beneficial state for your body.

I've heard several sources claim that it took them months to get used to keto and actually make it work.
    Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175660541

Originally Posted by FaIIen View Post
    No I've heard about both Mikaila and Jordan. I don't think what you're doing makes sense. You'll be in a transitional limbo while mowing towards ketosis - that's not going to be a healthy or beneficial state for your body.

I've heard several sources claim that it took them months to get used to keto and actually make it work.

It only takes about 72 hours on average to get into ketosis. Perhaps I’ll be missing out on the long-term benefits of ketosis that don’t kick in for months, but right now I don’t care about that. I’m doing this purely for fat loss, but if I feel incredible after 30 days I may continue it. I feel amazing so far, granted it’s been four days.

Day 4

Meal 1 (1pm)

Chipotle bowl w double carnitas, sour cream, and cheese

Meal 2 (Preworkout) (9pm)

5oz beef burger, sharp cheddar cheese, 3 slices of bacon, egg

Meal 3 (Postworkout) (midnight)
    3 uncured beef sticks

Liquids:

Today I had to break up the monotony of beef cooked pot roast style, so i got a chipotle bowl with just double carnitas, cheese, and sour cream. The dude hooked me up and didn't yell out double meat, probably because he felt sorry at how little variety was on it haha. It was delicious and more filling than I thought it would be. For my preworkout meal, it was amazing how a change in the type of meat made it so much more palatable. Think i'll be on a burger kick for a few days until I get sick of it. Today I didn't crave seafood, as I have for the past week, even before I started this carnivore diet. I would gorge on herring and clams, then stuck to one can a day the past few days. Today, I didn't want it at all. Intuitively, I think I was deficient in omega 3 and after binging on seafood for a week my body's levels are back to normal and I don't crave it anymore. I think that may be why I was craving dairy today. Perhaps i'm low in calcium or k2 or something. As for my workout, so much energy. The weights felt lighter than normal, which was a pleasant surprise due to the fact I only got 5 hours of sleep last night, and was exhausted upon driving to the gym. Stable energy levels again, i mean yeah I was tired but it was the lack of sleep kind of tired, not the crash of an insulin dip after a meal kind of tired. So far I'm really liking this style of eating. Oh yeah, and I forgot to take my supplements, oh well.

Day 5

Meal 1 (9am)

5oz beef burger w/ sharp cheddar, egg, and three slices of bacon

Meal 2 (4pm)
    same as meal 1

Meal 3 (Preworkout) (8pm)

Chipotle bowl w/ double carnitas, sour cream, cheese + can of chopped clams
    Cod Liver Oil
    Vitamin D3/K2
    Zinc

Today I was hungrier than usual, and drank a ton of water as well. Had a killer legs/abs/shoulders workout. Again felt stable energy throughout the day, no crash after meals just a full feeling. Because I ate a bunch today i'll probably fast until tomorrow evening. Saw a taco bell commercial, as well as a subway and my immediate initial response was wow that looks good, but ultimately besides a carb craving here and there im content without them. Another day in the books, still feeling great

Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Any problems with the pipes?

Originally Posted by Gwybodaeth View Post
    Any problems with the pipes?
    None so far. I definitetly go less, and its smaller when I do, but there's no feeling that im backed up or anything man. In fact, I feel a ton less bloated. It's honestly just something I don't think about because I just feel light, its just one less thing to worry about during the day

Day 6

Meal 1 (9am)
    5oz beef burger w/ sharp cheddar, 3 slices of bacon, and egg
    Cod Liver Oil
    Vitamin D3/K2
    Zinc

Meal 2 (4pm)
    chipotle bowl w double carnitas, sour cream, cheese

Today I had my first symptoms of carbohydrate withdrawal. Woke up from a nap with a killer headache. It was there for a few hours until I bought some aleve, and now its gone. But man, it was nasty. I did some research and I believe it was caused by a lack of electrolytes. When you quit carbs, your body lets go of all the water weight and with it goes sodium, so it can really throw your electrolytes out of balance if not careful. I'm going to pick up some bone broth tomorrow and start drinking that daily, that seems to help with this. That headache really threw a wrench in my day, but I still went to the gym and did cardio. Other than that, my day was fine and my abs are starting to show more. I've been lazy the last couple days, so I kept buying chipotle (3/3 on them not charging me double meat) but I finally bought some ground beef so I can make my own instead of using the 5oz pre-made ones. 8-12oz seems to do the trick for me for the day. I'm going to make a 10oz burger tomorrow, and see if that keeps me full all day.

Also, I've had this pain in my left knee for over a year now that flares up randomly throughout the day and it's completely gone. Also, my back looks the clearest i've seen it since i started lifting. I never had horrible bacne, but I always had a few going on back there. Gone. I was pretty happy with that

Day 7

Meal 1 (1pm)
    8 breakfast sausage patties (cold out of the packet like a savage lol)

Cup of Bone broth

Meal 2 (Preworkout) (8pm)
    10oz beef burger w/ sharp cheddar, bacon, egg
    Cod Liver Oil
    Vitamin D3/K2
    Zinc

Meal 3 (Postworkout)
    Pack of pepperoni

Man, what a difference today was. I feel like yesterday's headache was the final crossing point into this new world of ketosis. Felt great today, beef is awesome. I felt so good going into my workout after that beef, and I had a nice upper body workout. Overindulged after my workout with a pack of pepperoni, but its whatever, no carbs, no sugar, ill be fine.

Day 8

Meal 1
    12 sausage links w/ 1 tpbs butter and 2 eggs

Meal 2 (Preworkout) (9pm)
    Ribeye steak + egg and cheese

Meal 3 (Postworkout) (2am)
    6 sausage links

Ok, so i'm definitely feeling a groove now. I get what people talk about when they say they are clear headed, stable, and focused on this diet. It's like every day the veil gets peeled back a little more. I felt phenomenal all day. My hunger was up today, which seems to fluctuate by the day. I'm not counting calories or anything, just listening to my body and still my body composition is getting better, even though by scale standards the change is minimal. As i mentioned before, the nagging pain in my knee is completely gone and today during my leg workout I got better range of motion that I have since I started lifting.

Day 9

Meal 1 (Noon)
    12 sausage links + 2 eggs scrambled w/ sharp cheddar
    Cod Liver Oil
    Vitamin D3/K2
    Zinc

Meal 2 (9pm)

4oz beef burger w/ cheddar cheese, 3 slices of bacon, egg

Bone broth before bed

That whole thing about fluctuating hunger rang true again, today i didn't eat nearly as much as yesterday. My first meal kept me full all day and I kind of forced myself to eat a second time because I had soccer today and didn't want to play without eating for 8 hours. My endurance on the field was the best it's been in years, I was amazed at how much of a difference a week makes. We had no subs today, so everyone played the whole time and my endurance stayed strong the entire time. I also was much more fluid with my movements, similar feeling to that of yesterday having more depth in my leg workout, on the field my cuts were quicker, no knee pain, more mobility etc. Another solid day

Day 10

https://imgur.com/a/XLNEoAO

Alright, its day 10 and time to post a progress pic. As you can see I've leaned down a bit, body composition is better, and my skin looks more vibrant. Like I said, on the scale the change is minimal, I'm 188 lbs right now, so i've only lost 2 pounds. However, I feel leaner.

Meal 1 (10am)
    12 sausage links

Meal 2 (4pm)
    Chipotle bowl w/ double chorizo, sour cream, cheese

Meal 3 (9pm)
    5oz ground beef w/ taco seasoning and sharp cheddar, one egg, 3 slices of bacon
    Cod Liver Oil
    Vitamin D3/K2
    Zinc

Another solid day, it's a rest day so not too much going on. Im satisfied with my progess so far, and excited to see where it goes from here. I'll post another pic on day 20.
    Last edited by HahaRaptor; 10-18-2018 at 07:30 PM.