Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    rockjonn is not very well liked. (-100) rockjonn is not very well liked. (-100) rockjonn is not very well liked. (-100) rockjonn is not very well liked. (-100) rockjonn is not very well liked. (-100) rockjonn is not very well liked. (-100) rockjonn is not very well liked. (-100) rockjonn is not very well liked. (-100) rockjonn is not very well liked. (-100) rockjonn is not very well liked. (-100) rockjonn is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by HahaRaptor View Post
    I always thought that physique was for the aesthetic body that is attainable natty, but judging by Op's video i'd say that's no longer the case.
    The perception of what constitutes an attainable and natural physique in men's physique division can vary over time. It is important to remember that the sport of bodybuilding evolves and trends may shift. While the original intention of men's physique was to showcase a more achievable aesthetic, interpretations of the division can change as preferences and expectations evolve. It is crucial for the sport's governing bodies, judges, and athletes to engage in ongoing discussions to ensure that the division aligns with the desired aesthetic and remains true to its original purpose.

rockjonn is not very well liked. (-100) rockjonn is not very well liked. (-100) rockjonn is not very well liked. (-100) rockjonn is not very well liked. (-100) rockjonn is not very well liked. (-100) rockjonn is not very well liked. (-100) rockjonn is not very well liked. (-100) rockjonn is not very well liked. (-100) rockjonn is not very well liked. (-100) rockjonn is not very well liked. (-100) rockjonn is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by MultiVitamin View Post
    Yep, I touched on that in the vid. Even comparing Buendia from his first O to this last one is a very drastic transformation

Agreed, still amazing physiques from these guys. Just way too sizey.

Yeah, it's an all around issue. It's what caused the men's open to get to where it is today in the IFBB, and forced the creation of MP and eventually CP. People are continuously pushing the thresholds year in and year out, which obviously should be the goal (to improve), but it causes those thresholds to be surpassed and eventually the division(s) just seems to accept it push for more and more extremities.

Certainly not. Being that it's pro level and the IFBB, competition drugs of some sort will almost always come into play... but it definitely has gotten out of hand recently.
    You raise a valid point about the continuous push for improvement within the bodybuilding industry. As athletes strive to push the boundaries and make progress, it can lead to the evolution of divisions and the establishment of new categories. Balancing the pursuit of improvement while maintaining the integrity and distinctiveness of each division is a challenge. It requires ongoing discussions, revisions to judging criteria, and a shared commitment to preserving the intended vision of each category. By addressing these concerns, the sport can maintain a balance between progress and staying true to the essence of each division, ultimately catering to a wider range of athlete aspirations and audience preferences.

Originally Posted by ProYeo View Post
    I mean, I'm natty and in WPD... I'm doing well right now, but I understand the limitations. It's self-imposed and I don't expect any sport to cater to me, of course. I respect the hard-work of all the men and women in the sport and I respect whatever decisions they make. I know people like to see the monster dudes, but there's a place for that already. There's also a lot of people who want to see the more 'attainable' physiques, people who want to see what bodybuilding used to be continue... and on the women's side, it just doesn't make sense to push the standard more and more to the point where it lost popularity/got marginalized in the first place. What do you do then, add more divisions? Classic bikini? Classic WPD? etc... (I know this is the men's thread, but the parallels fit)
    You make a valid point about the diversity of preferences within the bodybuilding community. While some individuals appreciate the extreme physiques, there is also a significant audience that values the more attainable and classic aesthetics. Recognizing and respecting the desires of both groups is crucial for the growth and inclusivity of the sport. Introducing additional divisions or categories, such as Classic Bikini or Classic WPD, can provide opportunities for athletes who align with those aesthetic goals and appeal to a wider range of spectators. By embracing these distinctions, bodybuilding can offer a more comprehensive and diverse platform that accommodates various preferences, celebrates different body types, and ensures the continued popularity and progression of the sport.

Originally Posted by Kevinwuelm View Post
    That is just craazy. I was considering competing locally and see what i get obviously ill never reach the kind of look shown in the video though
    It's great to hear that you're considering competing locally! Remember, bodybuilding is a personal journey, and everyone's starting point and progress will differ. While reaching the level shown in some videos may seem challenging, it's essential to focus on your own progress, improvement, and overall experience. Competing locally allows you to showcase your hard work, dedication, and commitment to the sport while connecting with others who share your passion. Embrace the process, set realistic goals, and enjoy the journey as you work towards your personal best on stage. Good luck with your preparations and have a fantastic experience in your upcoming competition!

Originally Posted by misterworkout12 View Post
    For my perspective, too big ahah
    Yeah !

Originally Posted by Archking View Post
    cope
    yes

Originally Posted by socksndtubes View Post
    To be honest, I didn't know what the rubrics are before I watched this video. But if you put it that way, then I must concur. At the end of the day, there isn't much public info out there for us to know what goes on behind the scenes of Mr. Olympia Body Building Competitions.
    You're absolutely right that the detailed rubrics and judging criteria for high-level bodybuilding competitions like Mr. Olympia may not be widely publicized or readily available to the general public. The judging process and specific criteria used by the panel can vary, and they often consider multiple factors such as muscularity, symmetry, conditioning, posing, and overall stage presence. While there may be general guidelines, the specific details and weighting of these factors can vary between competitions and even across divisions. It's important to stay informed and seek out reliable sources of information to better understand the nuances of the judging process in order to navigate your own competitive journey effectively.

Originally Posted by needgains1024 View Post
    It was always going to head this way. Humans in general are getting bigger, and typically people evolve in sports and get better over time, maybe due to better nutrition etc, I don't know, but typically players in sports improve over time. Bodybuilding with it's supplements, better knowledge on vitamins and nutrition, the competitors are going to get bigger. Personally I've never really been a fan of actual bodybuilding competitors. i even thought Arnie was too big,but now compared to the elite body builders of today, he's more aesthetically pleasing. Yes they're getting too big, but if the shows are based on muscles, then of course the evolution of bodybuilding is to get bigger and bigger muscles.
    You bring up an interesting perspective on the evolution of bodybuilding and the factors that contribute to the increase in size among competitors. Improved nutrition, advancements in training methodologies, and the use of supplements have certainly played a role in the progression of the sport. It's true that the pursuit of muscularity has been a central aspect of bodybuilding, and as the sport evolves, competitors often strive to push the boundaries further.

Originally Posted by grubman View Post
    Anyone (from this thread) see the 2019 Arnold Classic Men’s Physique? Calves were smaller, but upper bodies looked as big (or bigger) than the men’s classic. They really need to turn back the clock and start imposing height/weight limits to preserve the intention of Physique before it goes too far (well..it has gone to far).

Anyway, what REALLY got my panties in a bunch was the announcer said (and I paraphrase):

These divisions (Men’s Physique and Woman’s Bikini) are becoming really popular because these physiques are obtainable. A guy can work out for a year or a year and a half, buy a pair of shorts, and be ready for the stage.

I was like, WTF? These guys have top tier genetics, good looks, the best drugs, have spent thousands of dollars, and have busted thier ass in the gym for years and years. I thought it was disrespectful to the competitors AND the intelligence of the audience.

P.S. Pro Yeo, were you there this year?
    It's understandable that you have concerns about the direction of Men's Physique and the potential need for height/weight limits to preserve the original intention of the division. The evolution of any sport can sometimes lead to deviations from its initial vision, and it's important for organizers and stakeholders to assess and address such issues to maintain the integrity and appeal of the division.

Originally Posted by UnkleDolan View Post
    This may be true for bikini division. If a girl has good genetics (structure, fast metabolism, proportions, etc), she can certainly be top bikini competitors in a couple years.

But certainly not men physique. You can be an IFBB Pro men physique natural. Yes I said that. But only if you have crazy good genetics and you won't be top competitor with no drugs like the caliber of Jeremy Buendia or Brandon Hendrickson. As good as it gets you will place 16th in Mr.Olympia like Jeff Seid, (I believe he's natural, he doesn't weight much compared to his frame and has always been looking good since he was 12, that's great genetics, he has been training consistently since, but he just doesn't used drugs to take it further like the other guys) and that's if you have crazy good genetics 1% TOP of the population. So yeah, Men's physique is NOWHERE NEAR OBTAINABLE.
    You raise an important point about the level of genetics and drug use in the men's physique division. It is widely recognized that achieving a top-tier level in men's physique competitions, particularly at the professional level, often requires exceptional genetics and the use of performance-enhancing substances. While dedication, hard work, and consistency are crucial factors in any fitness pursuit, the genetic potential and drug use among elite competitors can significantly impact their ability to attain and maintain the highest level of success.

Originally Posted by smokinal View Post
    I don't believe he's natty for a second
    right

Originally Posted by UnkleDolan View Post
    Just because your physique looks like **** compared to him doesn't mean he's not natty. People with good genetics do exist, I have worked personally with people like that. His competition weight is 180 lbs at 6'0 which is reasonable considering his height and frame. He looks way bigger because of his gifted structure.
    While it's possible for someone with favorable genetics to have a naturally impressive physique, it's important to recognize that the standards and expectations in competitive bodybuilding, including men's physique, are often elevated. Achieving and maintaining a top-level competitive physique typically requires an extraordinary level of dedication, training, and consistency, regardless of an individual's genetic potential.

Originally Posted by johnmorganhere View Post
    Hi there. Sometimes it is funny to see someone who comes from classic physic to mans physic and wins the category. Personally, I believe that Ryan Terry has a figure that fits perfectly with the description of the mens physicis figure.
    Indeed, it can be interesting to witness athletes transition from one category to another and find success. Ryan Terry is a notable example of someone who made a successful transition from the classic physique to men's physique. His physique embodies the aesthetic ideals typically associated with the men's physique category, characterized by a balance of muscularity, symmetry, and overall conditioning.

steubera is not very well liked. (-100) steubera is not very well liked. (-100) steubera is not very well liked. (-100) steubera is not very well liked. (-100) steubera is not very well liked. (-100) steubera is not very well liked. (-100) steubera is not very well liked. (-100) steubera is not very well liked. (-100) steubera is not very well liked. (-100) steubera is not very well liked. (-100) steubera is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by needgains1024 View Post
    It was always going to head this way. Humans in general are getting bigger, and typically people evolve in sports and get better over time, maybe due to better nutrition etc, I don't know, but typically players in sports improve over time. Bodybuilding with it's supplements, better knowledge on vitamins and nutrition, the competitors are going to get bigger. Personally I've never really been a fan of actual bodybuilding competitors. i even thought Arnie was too big,but now compared to the elite body builders of today, he's more aesthetically pleasing. Yes they're getting too big, but if the shows are based on muscles, then of course the evolution of bodybuilding is to get bigger and bigger muscles.
    To be honest, I didn't know what the rubrics are before I watched this video. But if you put it that way, then I must concur.