mrscottinkblot is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking Excel Sheet - Track More Efficiently

Hey guys! I'm kind of a nerd for excel, and I figured this could help a lot of you like it does me.

This sheet shows you a lot. It helps track all of your macros from meals, your macro goals, and how close you come to reaching them. It also allows you to calculate your meal macros for easy entry, and shows which meals you're getting the most calories from.

Using the sheet:

Overall, there are 12 weeks worth of logs in the book. To create more, simply right click the "Week 9-12" sheet > Move or Copy > Move to End with "create copy" checkmarked > OK. This will copy whatever is in that sheet, so you might want to copy it before putting anything in.

First, determine your macro goals for that week. Then, simply punch them into the "projected" row of the first log box; now your entire week will automatically fill with the entered macros. You can enter the date at the top of each log box, or simply leave it named "(date) log".

Included is a meal macro calculator, named "individual". There, you can tally up the macros and calories of that meal and simply paste the "actual" into that day's log: be sure when selecting the row, you use ctrl+c to copy, and Values (clipboard with 123 at the bottom) to paste, otherwise it will copy the formula and you'll be sad. If you do accidentally break the logsheet, ctrl+z to undo until you fix it.

Once you start putting in your data, you'll start to love the ease of tracking and availability of information!

Thanks for reading, and let me know if there's anything I could change to help you or improve the sheet overall.
    Attached Files

betacom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think this is very useful, especially for private trainers
    Do what people hate!
    Put deadlift and squat on top of it!

Registered User alexisjohnson18's Avatar
    alexisjohnson18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisjohnson18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisjohnson18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisjohnson18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisjohnson18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisjohnson18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisjohnson18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisjohnson18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisjohnson18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisjohnson18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexisjohnson18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This looks like a great tool!

devtan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mrscottinkblot View Post
    Hey guys! I'm kind of a nerd for excel, and I figured this could help a lot of you like it does me.

This sheet shows you a lot. It helps track all of your macros from meals, your macro goals, and how close you come to reaching them. It also allows you to calculate your meal macros for easy entry, and shows which meals you're getting the most calories from.

Using the sheet:

Overall, there are 12 weeks worth of logs in the book. To create more, simply right click the "Week 9-12" sheet > Move or Copy > Move to End with "create copy" checkmarked > OK. This will copy whatever is in that sheet, so you might want to copy it before putting anything in.

First, determine your macro goals for that week. Then, simply punch them into the "projected" row of the first log box; now your entire week will automatically fill with the entered macros. You can enter the date at the top of each log box, or simply leave it named "(date) log".

Included is a meal macro calculator, named "individual". There, you can tally up the macros and calories of that meal and simply paste the "actual" into that day's log: be sure when selecting the row, you use ctrl+c to copy, and Values (clipboard with 123 at the bottom) to paste, otherwise it will copy the formula and you'll be sad. If you do accidentally break the logsheet, ctrl+z to undo until you fix it.

Once you start putting in your data, you'll start to love the ease of tracking and availability of information!

Thanks for reading, and let me know if there's anything I could change to help you or improve the sheet overall.
    Hi mrscottinkblot,

I made a google sheet tracker that you may find useful.

DM me to download the tracker. I cant post urls in this message

Basically, I was tired of all the calorie apps. So I made my own tracker on Google Sheet which is very easy to use. The google sheet is completely customizable to add new food items. You get to track your macros and calories on a daily and monthly basis. As long as you know how to use Google Sheets you can use this. There is no app to install and it's absolutely free.

I have been using this tracker for the past 7 months and it has proved extremely helpful to stay on track. I thought someone else out there would also be struggling and, like me, can benefit from this tracker.

Obviously, this is v1.0 so it's not a very refined product :-) and I would love any feedback to improve it.