NeverTheFallen is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bench is terrible, squat is non existent

For context I'm 26 (turn 27 oct. 26) 174 lbs. (A pudgy 174) i can rack pull 235 lbs., i can't deadlift, my bench is frozen at 2, 25 lbs weights plus the bar. I can do 3 (sloppy) chinups. Jesus I'm a ****ing mess lol i have a dream of being the thick powerlifter guy, not completely asthetic but really strong and i can't seem to get any stronger. My form on all things except rack pulls is dog ****, i don't arch my back when i bench (i don't know how lol) I've been weight training for 1 1/2 i used to be obese. Just recently (may or june) i started wanting to do powerlifting. Can someone help maybe point me in the right direction?

NeverTheFallen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Also, i guess I'm 48 permanently lol ( I'm only 26 but **** me right? Lol)

GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100)
    Learning the lifts should be your first step, there are some good YouTube channels.

Alan Thrall is good.

Mark Rippetoe/starting strength is where most of us started.

Do the lifts with an empty bar if necessary and film yourself, you can post those videos here for a critique and compare them to tutorial videos online.

Be patient and progress slowly, you're still young and have years of good lifting ahead.

No need to track macros just eat like a horse and make sure it's good stuff.

trey1x1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) trey1x1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) trey1x1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) trey1x1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) trey1x1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) trey1x1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) trey1x1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) trey1x1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) trey1x1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) trey1x1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) trey1x1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^Like Grey said, I'd recommend Starting Strength at this point, but any form of progressive overload should work
    Gains in strength come from neural adaptation and increased muscular tissue, so you'll want to practice the movement patterns and have a diet that's conductive towards hypertrophy. If you're doing those things, over time you will improve
    Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176477061

Current Bests:
    Bench: 270x15 / 290x12
    Squat (paused, beltless): 10x425x3 / 455x8
    Deadlift (beltless): 500x4 (double overhand) / 465x10 / 405x22
    Overhead Press: 205x11

Registered User NoGainNoPainBro's Avatar
    NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoGainNoPainBro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    First it seems like you got rid of your obesity. So your work was not for nothing, you accomplished what many people fail to do Don't bear yourself up so much, and fix the issues instead.

Regarding your strength progress: Really get the form right. It is really hard to progress if form sucks, since good form improved the mechanics of the lift and oftentimes enables you to actually apply force. Deadlifting with a lose back does not transfer all the force into the bar, so of course you cant lift that much. Not keeping your upper back tight when squatting makes the bar wobble around on your back, and force is getting lost in compressing the soft parts of your body.

As previously mentioned Starting Strength is a great resource. It covers the technique of all big lifts in an amount of detail that you won't find in most other books or youtube videos.

Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deathguard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It may not just be programming, though yes, lookup Starting Strength like another mentioned.

Check sleep and nutrition. Carbs and protein are not optional - in that order. You will not have very fast strength adaptations without complex carbs, particularly starchy ones imo (potatoes, rice, oatmeal, bread, pastas).

Increase protein amount to something like 150+ minimum for now, along with carbs at around 200 at least. This will need to increase as you gain in strength.

Cardio should be reduced to walking.
    "May the wrath of Zeus descend upon you like a great black toad in heat"

In it for the gainz RestoringTally's Avatar
    RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I suggest taking time to learn good form for the major lifts. The way I learned good form is reading Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe. He explains how to do the squat, deadlift, bench press, overhead press, and power clean very well.

Also, as others pointed out, follow a proven weightlifting program, such as Fierce 5, Allpro's, Rippetoe's Starting Strength, or Stronglifts 5x5.

Many of these programs have you starting with an empty bar. That is a good opportunity to work on proper form.
    Oโ”€O York Barbell Crew #53 Oโ”€O
    โ”€โ–ˆโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ–ˆโ”€ Ivanko Barbell Crew #63 โ”€โ–ˆโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ–ˆโ”€
    โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
    My goal is to have so much equipment that I don't have room to workout. I am almost there. :)
    โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€-โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
    1st Meet Nov 2014 Push-Pull: 225 - 325 @ 194 Masters 59

MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    You can make it man. I started with 95lbs on deadlifts and an empty bar on everything else in July 2017. Yesterday I pulled 510. Follow starting strength, it literally is the best program for novice lifters out there, I did it and it basically got me to a 375 squat and 420 deadlift. Then to get to my current numbers I switched to intermediate programming. But if you do starting strength I suspect youโ€™ll make gains for 6+ months on a Workout to Workout basis. You wonโ€™t be disappointed
    Squat- 450lbs
    Bench- 260lbs
    Deadlift- 520lbs