marcus319 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Difference in Studying/Testing for different Certification Programs

I literally know nothing. What sort of studying goes into each certification? Are some harder than others? Are we talking 4 weeks? 4 months? What do the tests look like?

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Are you in the US? It varies hugely. UK, Australia are different, because our countries have standards.

If you are thinking about becoming a trainer, then do this:
    1. get yourself a trainer, and set moderately ambitious goals that'll take 6-12 months to achieve and involve setbacks along the way
    2. then go and do a proper certification
    3. then work in a big gym
    4. and talk to someone new every day
    5. and teach someone new a movement every day - plank, squat, leg press, whatever you think is useful, but always the same one
    6. and thus in 2 years you'd have talked and taught a movement to at least 500 people, and will have learned something about people and teaching movements
    Last edited by KyleAaron; 09-30-2018 at 12:37 AM.

marcus319 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks. I am in the US, and I will do all of those things, but today I'd really like to research step 2, the "proper certification." I have come across a dozen of them in the "which certification is best" thread, and beyond just which is best I'd like to know what goes into taking the exams, in terms of preparation and exam day.