petahdrake will become famous soon enough. (+50) petahdrake will become famous soon enough. (+50) petahdrake will become famous soon enough. (+50) petahdrake will become famous soon enough. (+50) petahdrake will become famous soon enough. (+50) petahdrake will become famous soon enough. (+50) petahdrake will become famous soon enough. (+50) petahdrake will become famous soon enough. (+50) petahdrake will become famous soon enough. (+50) petahdrake will become famous soon enough. (+50) petahdrake will become famous soon enough. (+50)

6 weeks out from my first amateur . Critique appreciated!

Hey guys
    Exactly 6 weeks out from my first amateur under 27 years old physique show
    I'm 24 years old. Currently sitting at 161lbs at 5'7.
    Macros are: 180-200p / ~300c / ~60 fat
    Refeed at: 180-200p / 450c / >40 fat

Doing 30~45 minutes of cycling almost everyday.

Wondering if I'm lean enough to afford a cheat day or if I need to increase my pace to lose a bit more weight?

I think I'm around ~10% body fat atm.

You guys think I'll be okay on stepping on stage at around under 160 or exactly 160lbs?

Thanks!
    Attached Images

Strong Mind, Strong Body. LoganBrown's Avatar
    LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000) LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000) LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000) LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000) LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000) LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000) LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000) LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000) LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000) LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000) LoganBrown is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You look awesome man, respect. You're already more conditioned than several guys that show up, but I don't think it would hurt you to get to 155 to be even more conditioned and really bring out some finer details. Definitely keep us updated, you've got a physique that can do really well
    Strong mind, strong body.

445 Squat/500 Dead/295 Bench

petahdrake will become famous soon enough. (+50) petahdrake will become famous soon enough. (+50) petahdrake will become famous soon enough. (+50) petahdrake will become famous soon enough. (+50) petahdrake will become famous soon enough. (+50) petahdrake will become famous soon enough. (+50) petahdrake will become famous soon enough. (+50) petahdrake will become famous soon enough. (+50) petahdrake will become famous soon enough. (+50) petahdrake will become famous soon enough. (+50) petahdrake will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thank you I appreciate your comment.

155lbs seems like a challenge but I'll try my best. Seems a bit light, but as you said to bring the finer details. Sucks that my show does not have weight classes
    One hour of pain, produces a lifetime of pride.

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'd go a few lbs lighter as well; fuk it man, get peeled! If you do your peak week correctly, you'll look even more muscular than you are now.

Having said that, I'll tell ya you look great! Really full.

And for 6 weeks out you look way ahead of schedule so a refeed or even a cheat day would be totally acceptable. Again, you look way ahead of schedule.

Have you seen some of your local competition? Have you seen results from this same show from past shows? It would be nice to know how many competitors there will be. Is this a Pro-Am? Pro Qualifier? All of these things will determine how many people it draws.

Keep us posted man. I'd like to see you up to show date and hear about your experience. I think you'll do well.

edit: I meant to tell you that my avi is 5'9" at 150 on the button; guessing at ~8%
    You'll lose some water too which will make a difference in the abs as well.
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

Originally Posted by smokinal View Post
    I'd go a few lbs lighter as well; fuk it man, get peeled! If you do your peak week correctly, you'll look even more muscular than you are now.

Having said that, I'll tell ya you look great! Really full.

And for 6 weeks out you look way ahead of schedule so a refeed or even a cheat day would be totally acceptable. Again, you look way ahead of schedule.

Have you seen some of your local competition? Have you seen results from this same show from past shows? It would be nice to know how many competitors there will be. Is this a Pro-Am? Pro Qualifier? All of these things will determine how many people it draws.

Keep us posted man. I'd like to see you up to show date and hear about your experience. I think you'll do well.

edit: I meant to tell you that my avi is 5'9" at 150 on the button; guessing at ~8%
    You'll lose some water too which will make a difference in the abs as well.
    Thanks for the reply.

I'm glad I am ahead of schedule and will have a cheat day today.

When do you think I should start implementing strict cardio Maybe 4 weeks out? Since I'm ahead of schedule how long do you think I have to 'maintain' and to be 'lenient' currently?

The show is basically for people who's never been on stage before and has never won in the past 2 years. This is my first ever show that I'm competing in.

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'll be honest with you and tell you I don't know much about cardio as I don't do any at all. I do all my cutting on deficit alone.
    You don't have to do any cardio if you are in a deficit; cardio just lets you eat more in my opinion.

And most everyone says no cardio during peak week. I have tried a couple of different peak week "schedules" and like Rob Riches the best. It's not too complicated but worked well for me for my last show.
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd

Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You look amazing for your body's stats. You definitely have a strong fighting chance for the upcoming competition.

The world can never have too many body builders on Instagram, you definitely should try your luck there. A lot of lifters are making lots of money just posting their progress on IG. If you're anything like most of my friends, you'll have a hard time kicking this off on your own since maintaining an IG account takes a lot of time.

But with your motivation to join competitions, you may attract sponsorship deals with an IG that primarily focuses on bodybuilding. I know of this site, Social Foxer, and they claim to use real people to grow accounts. Something to think about if you're interested.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks like your on track.
    Is this bodybuilding in posing briefs or the board short thing?

You have the shape and are just starting to get the condition(definition)for a good stage look.
    JMO for good stage condition are striations across the pecs and delts,intercostals sharp like fingers on your sides,cross striations on quads(medialus),back has lots of detail and possibly striations in the lats.
    That's best possible conditioning but a little less could still be enough depending on the competition.
    You won't be weighed so use the mirror and pics as your tools on your condition.
    A light muscular guy can look larger under stage lights and good coloring.
    This is what they call a novice show not having won a show.
    I did one after losing several times before that had 22 competitors,no weight class just one all out show and ended up getting second place out of all those guys.
    Just go in confident that you did your best in prepping and training and the rest will take care of itself.
    Good luck.

deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by petahdrake View Post
    I'm 24 years old. Currently sitting at 161lbs at 5'7.

You guys think I'll be okay on stepping on stage at around under 160 or exactly 160lbs?

Thanks!
    Yes.
    My avi is from the day after I won Masters Over 60 BB.
    I weighed 164bs

In what show are you competing?
    She approached with her hand extended,. I slowly stepped back. "No" she said. "I just want to shake your hand. You're amazingly gorgeous." As she walked by me she copped a biceps feel.

1st Place Masters Over 60 Bodybuilding 2014

Im competing in Asia as I dont live in the US.

Just a fitness competition with anyone able to enter.

Entering the Novice Physique Under 27

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You look great and you'll have a solid first showing.

Have fun!
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Thank you guys! I won my class!

Congrats man!
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd

Here are pictures of my contest!

I competed in a show called 'Fitness Star Amateur League' based in South Korea since I lived here.
    I was in the Physique Rookie Short division for Men under 27. I'm 24.

I had no coach and no guide except the internet!

Used Layne Norton's Peak Week Protocol and it worked out quite well. I was the only one eating back stage for some reason.
    Attached Images

Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sjallday is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by petahdrake View Post
    Here are pictures of my contest!

I competed in a show called 'Fitness Star Amateur League' based in South Korea since I lived here.
    I was in the Physique Rookie Short division for Men under 27. I'm 24.

I had no coach and no guide except the internet!

Used Layne Norton's Peak Week Protocol and it worked out quite well. I was the only one eating back stage for some reason.
    Wow you looked insane man! I actually just competed and my number was 49 as well lol.
    I get bigger when I cut.

Damn dude! You came in great! Good job
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd

Thank you guys

this was a special moment as my dad past away 2 years ago on this month.

It was a gift for him.

I appreciate the support!

I'm sorry to hear about your father; he'd be proud!
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd

Originally Posted by smokinal View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your father; he'd be proud!
    thank you so much!

Any advice you could give me on being a Physique Pro?

That is my dream one day.