Thread: Hiit vs liss

Orelabergel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orelabergel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orelabergel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orelabergel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orelabergel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orelabergel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orelabergel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orelabergel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orelabergel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orelabergel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orelabergel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hiit vs liss

Im currently cutting , so my quesiton is - which should I perform ?
    I like hiit for 15-20 min on the treadmill but it affects the recovery of my leg day so which is best post lifting session ? sometimes I have free time so if it turns out to be good I might do fasted liss cardio if thats the best option..

and when bulking , what is the best cardio to do post lifting session ( i will do 2 sessions a week) ...?

My main goal at the end of the day is lean aesthetic physique .. so please help me decide what cardio is best and has low impact on recovery...

btw my age is 18 not 48
    Last edited by Orelabergel1; 09-28-2018 at 12:45 PM.

LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Orelabergel1 View Post
    so please help me decide what cardio is best and has low impact on recovery...
    I like hiit for 15-20 min on the treadmill but it affects the recovery of my leg day so which is best post lifting session ?
    Why ask when you already know the answer?

sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In the end, it all comes down to calories in/out for fat loss. If you're an athlete, pick the option that best serves your goals. For general fitness, pick the one that fits the rest of your schedule the best...sounds like it may be LISS for you because of muscle recovery. HIIT is definitely a more strength-based activity, so that makes sense.

If you don't care about athleticism and just want to lose fat, you don't have to do any cardio, just lift and eat at a deficit. Cardio won't do anything magical for fat loss besides increase your TDEE, but you still need to be in a caloric deficit.

jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jasdhiman has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Im currently cutting , so my quesiton is - which should I perform ?
    I like hiit for 15-20 min on the treadmill but it affects the recovery of my leg day so which is best post lifting session ? sometimes I have free time so if it turns out to be good I might do fasted liss cardio if thats the best option..

and when bulking , what is the best cardio to do post lifting session ( i will do 2 sessions a week) ...?

My main goal at the end of the day is lean aesthetic physique .. so please help me decide what cardio is best and has low impact on recovery...
    HIIT on treadmill is good!

Orelabergel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orelabergel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orelabergel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orelabergel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orelabergel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orelabergel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orelabergel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orelabergel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orelabergel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orelabergel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orelabergel1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sunsean View Post
    In the end, it all comes down to calories in/out for fat loss. If you're an athlete, pick the option that best serves your goals. For general fitness, pick the one that fits the rest of your schedule the best...sounds like it may be LISS for you because of muscle recovery. HIIT is definitely a more strength-based activity, so that makes sense.

If you don't care about athleticism and just want to lose fat, you don't have to do any cardio, just lift and eat at a deficit. Cardio won't do anything magical for fat loss besides increase your TDEE, but you still need to be in a caloric deficit.
    I want to get in a good aerobic shape but on the other hand , I dont want it to affect my lifting especially now when Im cutting..

sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I want to get in a good aerobic shape but on the other hand , I dont want it to affect my lifting especially now when Im cutting..
    I'd honestly be more concerned with it affecting my lifting during a bulk. Cutting you are essentially just trying to maintain your strength, not improve it, so the volume can be lower during a cut while keeping the same intensity (weight). Bulking is when you really want to allow your muscle adequate rest/recovery/nutrition to promote growth.

I have similar concerns as you...I find the best way to keep running while lifting is to not run until 2 days after training legs...so if I do legs on a Tuesday, I won't run until Thursday. I generally run more and lift less while cutting, and lift more and run less while bulking. Main thing IMO while cutting is to maintain the strength of your lifts, not necessarily the volume or frequency.

I'd honestly be more concerned with it affecting my lifting during a bulk. Cutting you are essentially just trying to maintain your strength, not improve it, so the volume can be lower during a cut while keeping the same intensity (weight). Bulking is when you really want to allow your muscle adequate rest/recovery/nutrition to promote growth.

I have similar concerns as you...I find the best way to keep running while lifting is to not run until 2 days after training legs...so if I do legs on a Tuesday, I won't run until Thursday. I generally run more and lift less while cutting, and lift more and run less while bulking. Main thing IMO while cutting is to maintain the strength of your lifts, not necessarily the volume or frequency.
    so keep the cardio as far away from leg day ?
    and about the frequency and volume , since I moved to cutting I found it hard to keep the same frequency so I lowered it from 6 days a week to 5 days + I lowered the total volume but not by much ..

I train 5 times a week and each session contains around 21-23 sets .. should I lower the volume or is that alright ?
    by now I managed to maintain the strength on the main lifts and even got stronger on some of the accessory lifts

so keep the cardio as far away from leg day ?
    and about the frequency and volume , since I moved to cutting I found it hard to keep the same frequency so I lowered it from 6 days a week to 5 days + I lowered the total volume but not by much ..

I train 5 times a week and each session contains around 21-23 sets .. should I lower the volume or is that alright ?
    by now I managed to maintain the strength on the main lifts and even got stronger on some of the accessory lifts
    There's no right or wrong necessarily, you just have to do what works for you. Basically, you don't want to overtax your muscles or nervous system while eating at a deficit because you'll crash. Find the right balance of strength maintenance, cardio, and sustainable diet.

EDIT: I also just saw you're 18...unless you are really overweight, I'd focus more on building muscle than cutting right now...you're in your prime years for muscle growth, take advantage of it.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    HIIT is designed more as active training to get stronger and faster while LISS is more passtime maintenance, unless you're training for a marathon.

This is the kind of situation where if you're built to handle it or already athletic, then throw HIIT in there and try it out. Otherwise doing liss post-workout or on off-days is pretty common and can be more manageable if you have the time.

Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    HIIT is designed more as active training to get stronger and faster while LISS is more passtime maintenance, unless you're training for a marathon.

This is the kind of situation where if you're built to handle it or already athletic, then throw HIIT in there and try it out. Otherwise doing liss post-workout or on off-days is pretty common and can be more manageable if you have the time.
    if I have the time and not the power I do liss , if I have the power I throw 15-20 min hiit sessions ..
    is that alright combining the two ?
    and one mroe question , how often do you recommend doing cardio when bulking ?

There's no right or wrong necessarily, you just have to do what works for you. Basically, you don't want to overtax your muscles or nervous system while eating at a deficit because you'll crash. Find the right balance of strength maintenance, cardio, and sustainable diet.

EDIT: I also just saw you're 18...unless you are really overweight, I'd focus more on building muscle than cutting right now...you're in your prime years for muscle growth, take advantage of it.
    yes Im already taking adventage of that .. I have been training since I was 15 ... I started skinny as hell and I didnt know exactly what I was doing so I gained fat along with muscle so once I will cut to 9%-10% ill focus on lean mass .

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    if I have the time and not the power I do liss , if I have the power I throw 15-20 min hiit sessions ..
    is that alright combining the two ?
    and one mroe question , how often do you recommend doing cardio when bulking ?
    If you're just burning calories then it's probably fine. Good to note if your performance is consistent between sessions. If it goes down then you might be taxing too much.

If you're bulking then you should make sure strength and bodyweight are going up.