suppsupport is on a distinguished road. (+10) suppsupport is on a distinguished road. (+10) suppsupport is on a distinguished road. (+10) suppsupport is on a distinguished road. (+10) suppsupport is on a distinguished road. (+10) suppsupport is on a distinguished road. (+10) suppsupport is on a distinguished road. (+10) suppsupport is on a distinguished road. (+10) suppsupport is on a distinguished road. (+10) suppsupport is on a distinguished road. (+10) suppsupport is on a distinguished road. (+10)

SuppSupport - The Smart Supplement Database for Protein Powder, Bars & Pre Workout

SuppSupport.com

I’ve been working on this project for a while now - building up interactive comparison charts of popular protein powders, protein bars and pre workouts. I’ve always thought picking a supplement as a bit of a tedious and time consuming process, the marketing of some of these products can be rather misleading, shady and it can be easy to not know what really know what you’re taking.

I’ve tried to simplify the process of finding and comparing supplements, such as pre workouts by building up a interactive database. This database I’ve created includes the relative ingredient profile, amounts of each ingredient and also cost analysis.

Some of the data I have gathered to help comparison is standardising protein levels to work out relative cost, value and performance. For example, our data includes:

- Cost per serving
    - Cost per 25g protein (protein powders)
    - Cost per 20g protein (protein bars)
    - Calories per 20/25g protein
    - Carbs/fat/sugars per 20/25g protein
    - Grams of protein per $
    - Informed sport/choice accreditation
    - Presence of ingredients and relative quantities (Pre Workouts)
    - Ratio of fibre to carbs (%)
    - Protein/Carb/Fat %

The database I have built some features to help make narrowing down/finding your next pre workout a little bit easier.

- Ability to sort and filter data to narrow down your search

- Ability to change the data shown using ‘Show filters’, for example removing the column on ‘Taurine’ and instead showing ‘L-theanine’ - all done in real time.

- Selecting 2 pre workouts and clicking 'Compare' goes to a 2-product direct comparison page.

- Color scaling feature to visually show differences in data between pre workouts

- Data important for athletes, such as ‘Informed Sport’ and ‘Informed Choice’ accreditation

- Labdoor scores also in the database for those who value those scores

This website is a work in progress, and whilst I have tried my best to ensure data is 100% correct, there may be some errors here and there, and I will do my best to update anything that needs correcting. I have also built databases for Protein Powder and Protein Bars, so feel free to also check those out if you want.

I want to make this as useful as possible for the fitness community in general, so I would appreciate any feedback so I can use this to optimise and improve it further.

I have a few things in mind but I would rather listen to the community and work on the features/improvements that people want.

Let me know what you think - positive or negative! Do you have any improvements in mind/new categories to add/how would you develop this project further?
    Last edited by suppsupport; 12-26-2018 at 01:26 PM.
    SuppSupport (suppsupport.com) - The Smart Supplement Database - OUT NOW

- The data-driven approach to ranking and comparing Supplements
    - Now available for Protein Powders, Protein Bars & Pre Workouts
    - Sort, filter, rank supplements based on your needs/macros/budget/desired ingredients