Mooli88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Stuck in the bulk cut cycle of doom!

I've been training for the last 18 months with shameful result
    I start to train as a classic skinny fat, lost couple of kg for the first 2 months and then start to bulk.
    Got stronger but also fatter. I can't stand myself with a gut so for the last 18 month I'm on this vicious cycle of bulking for 3 months and cutting.

If I can get myself to the point where I can easily see 6 pack, I will then be able to bulk for longer than 3 months without getting as fat.

So far I couldn't get myself there with LESS and HIIT cardio + Intermittent Fasting on 1600 kcal on every other day going 5 times a week.

Maybe I didn't try it for long enough. It's frustrating to see all the gains disappear

At this point, I'm willing to do everything to get shredded (even if not jacked) so
    1. I could see my 6 pack for the first time!
    2. Have a good starting point to bulk

Please advice me on how to

jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you're not willing to lose a 6 pack for a few months while bulking, you're probably not likely to make appreciable gains. Especially if you're a skinny fat noob. Gain some muscle mass and then worry about being lean

Originally Posted by jk202 View Post
    If you're not willing to lose a 6 pack for a few months while bulking, you're probably not likely to make appreciable gains. Especially if you're a skinny fat noob. Gain some muscle mass and then worry about being lean
    I understand I can't keep a 6 pack while bulking, I just want to get to a good starting point.
    If i'll start with some belly, then i'll just end up looking fat and fluffy at the end of my bulk. I don't want that.

jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jk202 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mooli88 View Post
    I understand I can't keep a 6 pack while bulking, I just want to get to a good starting point.
    If i'll start with some belly, then i'll just end up looking fat and fluffy at the end of my bulk. I don't want that.
    And if you cut without muscle mass, you'll look like a twink. You decide.

If you think you're too fat to bulk, then cut first. Not rocket science man

And if you cut without muscle mass, you'll look like a twink. You decide.

If you think you're too fat to bulk, then cut first. Not rocket science man
    I prefer twink on fat.

The question is how to get there with minimum gain loss?

Originally Posted by Mooli88 View Post
    I prefer twink on fat.

The question is how to get there with minimum gain loss?
    Lose about 1 lb to 1% BW max a week, train hard, consume adequate protein.

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lose about 1 lb to 1% BW max a week, train hard, consume adequate protein.
    It really is as simple as this man. Everyone makes it out to be rocket nutrition; it's not. The people who "lost all their gainz in a cut" didn't have the muscle there in the first place. That's why jk202 said you may look twinky if you cut without a good base. It's not that you will "loose it all", it's that you don't currently have it.

That being said, I always remind people that you will look a lot more muscular if you lose bodyfat.

OP, your current "program" isn't working for you, is it? Why? Because you are chasing 2 different rabbits; and you aren't going to catch either one. Pick a goal, I don't care which one it is, learn how to achieve it, and stick with that plan completely and thoroughly, until you reach the goal.

Personally, I'd cut to get lean first, then go on a slow, lean bulk. I think you would feel better about yourself if you were leaner as you said that's your primary goal right now.

So, again, learn how to cut at 1 lb per week consistantly while still lifting heavy and intensly, and keep your protein intake high.

Go get after it!
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

Originally Posted by smokinal View Post
    It really is as simple as this man. Everyone makes it out to be rocket nutrition; it's not. The people who "lost all their gainz in a cut" didn't have the muscle there in the first place. That's why jk202 said you may look twinky if you cut without a good base. It's not that you will "loose it all", it's that you don't currently have it.

That being said, I always remind people that you will look a lot more muscular if you lose bodyfat.

OP, your current "program" isn't working for you, is it? Why? Because you are chasing 2 different rabbits; and you aren't going to catch either one. Pick a goal, I don't care which one it is, learn how to achieve it, and stick with that plan completely and thoroughly, until you reach the goal.

Personally, I'd cut to get lean first, then go on a slow, lean bulk. I think you would feel better about yourself if you were leaner as you said that's your primary goal right now.

So, again, learn how to cut at 1 lb per week consistently while still lifting heavy and intensly, and keep your protein intake high.

Go get after it!
    awesome reply thank you.
    You right to say that my biggest problem is consistency. The reason I get frustrated and keep change my program is because I look at other people and they seems to cut easly and successfully.

I just keep hitting plateaus and get confused :/

repzforjesus45 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sounds like you know exactly what you're doing you're just not patient enough to stick to one. Seeing your abs could take a lot longer than you expect it to. I've been through it myself, at first I thought I'd only need to loose 15 lbs, I was wrong, I had to loose 48.. **** takes time dude.