BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weak Squat/STRONG Bench?

I'm not entirely sure why, but I've noticed recently that I struggle to gain strength with anything lower body related like squats, even though I used to not train legs as intensely as my bench, but my bench is insanely strong for my bodyweight/age... I'm just wondering why because I've heard that the bench is supposed to be the most difficult exercise to gain strength, while the squat is an easier exercise to gain strength quicker, probably because the legs simply have more muscle mass to work with... I just always have a hard time doing squats, even with weight like 135 lbs, I struggle to do good reps with it, but literally benching 135 lbs feels lighter than squatting 135 lbs, it just shows the difference in strength between my upper and lower body, lol.

I'm currently doing more leg work overall, such as squats/box squats, deadlift/hex bar DL, sled leg press, and cardio, but over the past few weeks, I've seen little improvement on my squats, only being at around 180 lbs, but my bench is still going up, at a current max of 235 lbs... I'm eating more and my bodyweight has definitely gone up overtime, from 115 lbs to 127 lbs in under two months, it also explains why I'm suddenly getting stronger, as least on bench, since I used to be stuck on 215 lbs on bench for about two months at a bodyweight of 121 lbs...

So my question is, why is my lower body not gaining nearly as much strength as quickly as my upper body, even though my lower body hasn't even undergone as much training as my upper body?
    As of April 2019...

Height: 5"9 / 175 cm
    Weight: 129 lbs / 59 kg

Bench: 255 lbs / 116 kg
    Squat: 195 lbs / 89 kg
    Deadlift: 315 lbs / 143 kg
    Overhead Press: 125 lbs / 57 kg

JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A total@A body weight
    Jesus, Powerlifting, Strongman, foggy mirrors.

BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlueSpades has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JohnnyRingo350 View Post
    As of April 2019...

Height: 5"9 / 175 cm
    Weight: 129 lbs / 59 kg

Bench: 255 lbs / 116 kg
    Squat: 195 lbs / 89 kg
    Deadlift: 315 lbs / 143 kg
    Overhead Press: 125 lbs / 57 kg

chacha15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chacha15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chacha15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chacha15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chacha15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chacha15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chacha15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chacha15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chacha15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chacha15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chacha15 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    something something lower body hasn't even undergone as much training as my upper body
    One more Rep!! Yea!
    []D [] []v[] []D

CheekyKuntBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CheekyKuntBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CheekyKuntBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CheekyKuntBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CheekyKuntBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CheekyKuntBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CheekyKuntBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CheekyKuntBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CheekyKuntBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CheekyKuntBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CheekyKuntBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    the answer to this is squat more volume.

Increase frequency of squat sessions to 3 or 4 / week and try follow a steady beginner linear program and add weight consistently. Accessory work is important but not as important as just keeping it simple and squatting more/learning the mechanics of the movement and becoming more skilled/proficient in it.
    Never discuss winning with losers, its not their language.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Many people have lifts that are easier to gain strength with that others.
    You need to stick with your squats and give them the same effort as your BP.
    Also find a good program for them and make sure your technique is sound.
    Also make sure areas that support and help your squat are strong.
    Abs,low back,upper back,hamstrings,glutes all help the squat in one degree or another.
    A weakness in one or more of these areas can hinder squat numbers.
    Good luck.

Cannondella Cannondella Cannondella Cannondella Cannondella Cannondella Cannondella Cannondella Cannondella Cannondella Cannondella
    I have a 345 1 rep squat after a couple months. My bench is still barely at 180 1 rep max and form feels terrible/akward. I think a large part is just my focus has been on squats. I do them first and every single time I go to the gym. I'm thinking about just swapping squat and bench or just adding more accessory work and focusing less on deadlift/squat.

MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MBoux2000 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Heck I wish I could gain on bench like that. My bench is stuck at 255 but I deadlift 510 and squat mid 400s

DogzBllcks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would put this down to two things ... Mental attitude towards leg day and frequency also. If you struggle with your lower body ie legs. You need to train them more frequently and more volume to shock your body. Also, watch a youtube video on Tom Platz on how he use to train legs, may make you realise that your capable to push more and not give up so easily!