Location: pontefract, yorkshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Samgee88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I can't squat for s#@t

Hope someone can help me out.. when squatting on the up stride my knees fold inwards even at light weight, I have to drop really light to be able to complete a full rep. I've tried different foot placements and forcing my knees outwards but really struggle with form.

Any advice would be much appreciated thanks in advance for any advice.

My stats are 5ft 7. 185lb
    Bench 105kg
    Deadlift 165kg for 3
    Squat depressing

BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000) BIGNHYOOGE is just really nice. (+1000)
    Try low bar squatting
    Try wide stance squatting
    Try box squats
    Try pause squats

Read articles on elitefts
    Watch Alan thrall on YouTube
    Second by second, you lose the opportunity of becoming the person you want to be.

CheekyKuntBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CheekyKuntBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CheekyKuntBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CheekyKuntBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CheekyKuntBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CheekyKuntBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CheekyKuntBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CheekyKuntBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CheekyKuntBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CheekyKuntBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CheekyKuntBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    so what you have - to make it easier for you to research is called knee valgus. likely due to lack of mobility, specifically the culprit is most likely ankle dorsiflexion if its happening at low weight where strength/coordination shouldnt be an issue.

Work on foam rolling, band distractions all the various ankle mobilisation drills out there.

Tempo squats will help with coordination and getting you to concentrate on movement pattern/loading and firing the correct musculature etc.

You can also try place a band around your knees this will provide you with whats called proprioceptive feedback i.e. you will be more conscious of your knee position and it helps reminding you to keep them out (as alongside ankle mobility, coordination is the 2nd most likely issue)

You'll no doubt read about glute med weakness as they are responsible for external hip rotation but I would concentrate on all of above first as squatting more volume will bring up any weakness.
    Never discuss winning with losers, its not their language.