bulkinforever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation is my routine okay? (lots of questions, sorry)

Hello everyone! I will try to make this as much straightforward as possible.

I have been training for approximately 10 months. 7 months were pure bro splits, almost everyday on the gym, no linear progression, no good nutrition, and totally discarding strength. The rest was PPL, with a better nutrition and caring ab progression. Even tho my nutrition was bad and my routine was bad, I would say I made good gains, aesthetic wise.

But right now, I don't care about aesthetics anymore. The reason why is that I joined the JROTC program on my highschool thinking I'd be the best and all that, but I have seen skinny people doing WAY more pushups, squats and curl ups than I do, even though I noticeably have more muscle. Also, there is a lot of endurance/cardio, so I thought it'd be important to place that in the routine too.

So I decided to start ICF 5x5 and on my off days I'd cardio(running 3 miles, trying to lower the time every time).

So basically my routine would be:

Monday - RUNNING
    Tuesday - ICF workout of the day
    Wednesday - RUNNING
    Thursday - ICF workout of the day
    Friday - RUNNING
    Saturday - ICF workout of the day

I don't think 3 miles 3 times a week is too much, but one thing I know is that I will need to have a bigger calorie surplus to help me on the lifts.

So, I have a few questions:
    1. In general, is it okay?
    2. Do you guys have any other routine that would get my lifts up faster? Like for example I have been looking at Upper Lowers(lyle mcdonalds, etc).
    3. If I increase my bench, will my pushups also increase? If not, should I incorporate push ups off the gym? For ex, I am trying to +1 my pushups every morning when I wake up.
    4. Even though I am focusing on strength right now. Let's say I run this routine for 6 months and my lifts shot up, will I see a change in mass? If yes, then how is it that a lot of people is stronger than me and has less mass? Sorry if its a stupid question

5. My gym does not have 2.5 lbs plates(minimum is 5lbs), and I can't buy one now. So let's say for example on squats, can I do something like this?
    TUESDAY - SQUATS 105LBS 5X5
    THURSDAY - SQUATS 105LBS 5X5
    SATURDAY - SQUATS 115LBS 5X5
    or should I get the reps up first, then add 10pounds?

and 6 last question: I have never liked fullbodies routines bc it's only 3 days a week. if I for example do a PPL focusing on the three lifts(bench 5x5, squats 5x5, deadlift 1x5), then wouldn't it technically be the same as fullbodies, but with more frequency?

Thanks, I think that's it!

my stats: 15yro, 140lbs, 5'4

No help for this one.... Squid24's Avatar
    Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    A lot of ppl like ICF, me, not so much. I'd rather go with F5.

9 miles a week really isnt that bad.

Just move up in weights as you can...it's a marathon, not a sprint anyways.

By all means, have fun with it.
    My Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170367151&page=50

"Muff divers local #69.....no muff too tough....we dive at five"

Fierce 5 Programs ->https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1266579671#post1266579671

pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000) pondman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do what works for you. Nothing wrong with the workout.

The criticism you'll get is from the fast runners, and heavy lifters-- It's not a program that will make you the fastest runner or the biggest lifter. You'll have more all around fitness compared to 90% of the people around you. If you want to specialize then you have to work a program designed for that sport or activity.

bulkinforever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bump