LiveBetter2018 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

1 step forward, 3 steps backward! Looking for advice to gain muscle

Hello everyone,

I’m new to the community but I do referring site articles on gaining muscle etc. I’m struggled to gain muscle/weight. I’m hoping that some of you can provide advise for me.

I’m 6”2 weighing 134lb super skinny. From childhood I was skinny and didn’t eat enough food. I depends on milk entire day.

Until last years my eating habits are worst:
    - 3 cups of milk
    - 1 cup of rice with few vegetables and 1 egg sometimes
    - small chicken sandwich with fries and that’s it.

In other words I was eating less than 2000 calories.

I divorced last year and went through lot of struggle and decided to go to gym as I never went to gym or did workout before.

When I first went to gym I was around 134 lb and after having training for about an year for about 30 min 3 times a week and taking protein I improved a little bit.

right now I’m 154lb with good muscle on chest. However, i was unable to eat right amount of food.

Right now I’m talking:
    - Muscle milk pro series chacolate 50g protein 2 scoops in the morning
    - 1 egg
    - 1 cup cooked rice
    - 1 cup Greek yogurt
    - Organic hemp seeds 1 spoon
    - Organic Flax and Chia seeds mixed 2 spoons
    - 1 spoon organic peanut butter
    - Small crispy chicken sandwich

This looks good but I’m not gaining weight anymore. I stuck at 154lb. I don’t have energy to do proper workouts.

———————

# Would it be worth taking weight gainers like Naked mass which gives around 1250 calories
    # Would it be any other meal replacement powders or shakes that you suggest?

Since I used to eat very less from childhood I’m not used to eat heavy meal, so I have to eat every 2-3 hours.

I don’t eat pork, beef, turkey and seafoods for regional and personal reaasons. So I’m limited to Egg and Chicken. I can eat anything in vegetables except muschrooms.

I know this is too length ask,but any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

jaykie94 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    From what I can see you are eating no way where near what you should eat. You are basically saying it yourself, you state you do not have energy for your workouts. Can't you incorporate pasta/other carbs to up your cal intake? Maybe start eating cottage cheese as it is way more dense than milk?

BOG8419 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BOG8419 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BOG8419 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BOG8419 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BOG8419 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BOG8419 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BOG8419 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BOG8419 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BOG8419 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BOG8419 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BOG8419 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Following along with what jaykie said, it definately seems like you’re not eating enough. Can’t expect your body to use excess energy to build muscle when it’s barely getting enough to function every day. Try and figure out your TDEE, I recommend visiting the nutrition section and reading up on the stickies, especially about macros, micro nutrients and energy expenditure. If you want to be gaining muscle make sure you’re eating about 500cal above your TDEE.

LiveBetter2018 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks guys! I started paying attention to nutritional value and identified normal tdee. Was taking more calories than before (since I posted the post originally) and I’m getting belly fat too. I think I need to do more sit-ups etc. to stay under control and form.

shivex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Eat more...
    I know that's easier said than done, I come from a similar background and still can't eat large portions. so divided it into 6meals a day.
    Prepping these meals definitely saves time, and I can take it with me where ever I go.
    Also keeping track of what you eat gives you more insight on how much you're actually consuming, I thought I was eating well until I started tracking it, there numerous apps on the market that can do this for you.
    quick and easy meal tip tough have one of your meals be a Smoothie, and I don't mean only fruit smoothies which contains a lot of sugar. you can make smoothies with Milk, Avocado, Spinach, Kale, Nuts etc as well, that can easily make a smoothie +500kcal and easy to digest.

Good luck hope that I could've been of help.

Thebunz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thebunz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thebunz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thebunz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thebunz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thebunz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thebunz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thebunz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thebunz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thebunz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Thebunz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you’re having trouble hitting cals, eat nutritient dense foods. High fat meats like beef are great. For carbs, sugar all day. Not really all day but mix some into your diet pre and post workout to help with the carbs as they aren’t filling at all. Your body is eating at itself because you’re trying to go on this new “organic” fad. Eat, exercise and don’t be afraid of food.
    Bench: 115 x 1
    Squat: 95 x 2
    Deadlift: 135 x 2

Doesn't even lift makes fun of people on bodybuilding site crew.
    Informs you that your PR doesn't count due to "bad form" crew.