Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cool

********************/@SandCResearch/wh...l-9551d522ad20

Great article here from Chris Beardsley, one of the top guys in the field.

Cns & pns are very short term issues resolved in hours its excess/severe muscle damage (even as far as necrotic tissue) from overreaching and going too hard from *lifting*

Think this covers it all boys.. gg.

Funk terminology..

I just say "ive done my nut i need a deload" lol

Transitory reductions in performance during strength training can be caused by three factors: (1) central nervous system fatigue, (2) peripheral (metabolic) fatigue, and (3) muscle damage.

The effects of central nervous system fatigue and peripheral (metabolic) fatigue are very short-lived, and last only a few hours at most.

This means that under normal (non-pathological) circumstances, any reductions in strength that last more than 24 hours *must* be caused by muscle damage.

That’s all it is.
    Last edited by MyEgoProblem; 09-19-2018 at 05:28 AM.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by J0shy View Post
    I'm a 39 year old former gym rat but had to stop working out for about a year and a half due to a layoff. I am 6 weeks into a full body routine and can tell my muscles aren't properly stimulated anymore doing my full body routine so it's time for a change.

I'm 6'0" and went from 238lbs to 249lbs while losing some fat and seeing great strength progress.
    3000 cal diet
    Supplements: creatine, and glucosamine

My question is I've always done a "bro split" type workout so I can hit each muscle type as hard as I wanted and it worked well for me. Much of the articles I've been reading seem to push muscle stimulation twice a week so I'm thinking of giving a 4 day upper/lower split a try.

What is working for everyone on here to gain mass? Yes I need to cut at some point but focused on mass/strength for now.
    Low volume, high intensity, one set to failure full body Reverse Pyramid DUP, 3 times each week, either all at once or split into a morning afternoon format (then, with rest-pause micro sets), except for deads which are either 6 x's 3-5 or 1 rep shy of failure and 3 rest-pause micro sets once each week.

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    ********************/@SandCResearch/wh...l-9551d522ad20

Great article here from Chris Beardsley, one of the top guys in the field.

Cns & pns are very short term issues resolved in hours its excess/severe muscle damage (even as far as necrotic tissue) from overreaching and going too hard from *lifting*

Think this covers it all boys.. gg.

Funk terminology..

I just say "ive done my nut i need a deload" lol
    chris beardsley is goat

but hmmmm that's interesting as it says even peripheral (metabolic) fatigue is short lived. is that the same as how we referred to peripheral fatigue as muscular fatigue?? And how does factors like lack of sleep come into play??

J0shy will become famous soon enough. (+50) J0shy will become famous soon enough. (+50) J0shy will become famous soon enough. (+50) J0shy will become famous soon enough. (+50) J0shy will become famous soon enough. (+50) J0shy will become famous soon enough. (+50) J0shy will become famous soon enough. (+50) J0shy will become famous soon enough. (+50) J0shy will become famous soon enough. (+50) J0shy will become famous soon enough. (+50) J0shy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Supramax thanks for the suggestion. This is the exact opposite of my typical workout structure which could be exactly what I need. I'm interested and will give it a shot.

J0shy will become famous soon enough. (+50) J0shy will become famous soon enough. (+50) J0shy will become famous soon enough. (+50) J0shy will become famous soon enough. (+50) J0shy will become famous soon enough. (+50) J0shy will become famous soon enough. (+50) J0shy will become famous soon enough. (+50) J0shy will become famous soon enough. (+50) J0shy will become famous soon enough. (+50) J0shy will become famous soon enough. (+50) J0shy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    Low volume, high intensity, one set to failure full body Reverse Pyramid DUP, 3 times each week, either all at once or split into a morning afternoon format (then, with rest-pause micro sets), except for deads which are either 6 x's 3-5 or 1 rep shy of failure and 3 rest-pause micro sets once each week.
    Do you hit any bi's, tri's, calfs, and shoulders more then the once a week Accessory day? My goal is to mass build so don't want arm/shoulder size to suffer

Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by sooby View Post
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26308090

CAR - Central Activation Ratio remained unchanged after doing push press, squat and split squats. But neuromuscular fatigue was displayed (peripheral).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28704311

Compares CNS fatigue between squat and deadlift, not much difference in terms of CNS fatigue. But only a 5-10% reduction in output in CNS was seen and this effect doesn't last very long.
    ha ha sooby. Good discussion though.

Ok, here's a study you can try, do pressing 3 times a week during one period, and another period do pressing 3 times a week followed by 10 sets of squats and deads, see which pressing progression lasts longer.

We know there's a higher percentage of force produced via nervous system than muscular the higher the intensity. Zatsiorsky probably does the best job of explaining how it works. (Both biochemist and world class olympic trainer).

Remember what happens when we happen to fail a set, it's not a recruitment issue it's diminish of rate coding (in other words, nervous system). At this point, I'm just curious if you agree with this or if you simply think the nervous system that dictates force doesn't get fatigued. nwlifter and defiant1 go into great detail on this about 12 years ago on here.

Also for any that wonder, I'm not pushing any kind of less is more with overtraining paranoia, the point is to make maximize muscular fatigue by strategically minimizes nervous system fatigue, like bodybuilders, if that's the goal
    DR. 3time
    Wisconsin Badgers, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Bucks
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by J0shy View Post
    Do you hit any bi's, tri's, calfs, and shoulders more then the once a week Accessory day? My goal is to mass build so don't want arm/shoulder size to suffer
    I don't do any isolation exercises.