Sara444 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Angry Doing bulking wrong?!

I went through a bulk last winter (about 250 calorie surplus) until about april this year. I gained 3kg and added some cm to my muscles (I measured myself) then I went back to maintanace and added a bit more cardio (just extra 5min) and a bit more evening walks. Now I measured myself and reslized that my numbers were the same as befor the bulk?! So it seems I only gained fat on a bulk and then lost that fat when going back to maintanance?? I am just so confused... I thought I trained really hard on that bulk but it seems I didnt... or did I just hit somekind of muscle growth plateu? Any ideas what this is?

jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It could be you post fat but gained muscle
    “With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world."

SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Sara444 View Post
    I went through a bulk last winter (about 250 calorie surplus) until about april this year. I gained 3kg and added some cm to my muscles (I measured myself) then I went back to maintanace and added a bit more cardio (just extra 5min) and a bit more evening walks. Now I measured myself and reslized that my numbers were the same as befor the bulk?! So it seems I only gained fat on a bulk and then lost that fat when going back to maintanance?? I am just so confused... I thought I trained really hard on that bulk but it seems I didnt... or did I just hit somekind of muscle growth plateu? Any ideas what this is?
    You put on 6.6 pounds. If you did everything right, approximately 1/2 would be fat and half would be muscle. That is 3.3 pounds of muscle spread all over your body. Muscle is also more compact than fat. Your tape measure would need to show the teeniest gains. Take pics. I think it will work better.
    Letting go of the fear and going to war.