br1anna is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Loss of appetite

So I need ideas on how to combat my lack of appetite. I’m on a macro based plan and it’s definitely plenty. I’m losing weight at a steady pace but I find it really hard to eat consistently. Especially right after a lifting session, it’s like my metabolism is so ramped up and the endorphins so high that I feel like throwing up at he thought of eating. I just want to hit my numbers or at least close so I don’t end up in too big of a deficit.

I’m not pregnant lol

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Exercise usually depresses appetite to some extent. No need to eat right after a workout if you are not hungry. Could you list the foods you typically eat and the total calories, grams of protein/carbs/fat/fiber, what you normally drink in a day, and your height/weight/age/gender?

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by br1anna View Post
    I’m not pregnant lol
    yet
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    Exercise usually depresses appetite to some extent. No need to eat right after a workout if you are not hungry. Could you list the foods you typically eat and the total calories, grams of protein/carbs/fat/fiber, what you normally drink in a day, and your height/weight/age/gender?
    Makes sense. I just always tried to follow the eat within 15/20 min of a workout rule. I eat relatively clean, chicken, salmon, flank steak, turkey, eggs, all veggies, sweet potato, oats, sometimes cereal, bananas,apples, peanut butter, olive oil, avocado. Everything else if I eat it is just on occasion. I don’t eat dairy but I will drink whey protein. I aim to hit 170gP, 190 g C, 60 g F and 25 g fiber. So ~2025 cal. I drink at least 3.5 liters water a day, don’t drink anything else except maybe tea. 5’10 243 lbs 27 yo and obviously female

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    yet

Yeah but I have 2 so I’m all set 😬

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Makes sense. I just always tried to follow the eat within 15/20 min of a workout rule.
    There is no benefit to doing this and clearly it is detrimental to you. It is not a rule; it is not even a suggestion. Why on earth do you do this if it makes you feel like you need to vomit?

I eat relatively clean, chicken, salmon, flank steak, turkey, eggs, all veggies, sweet potato, oats, sometimes cereal, bananas,apples, peanut butter, olive oil, avocado.
    Have you read any of the many threads here where it is discussed that "clean eating" serves no overriding purpose? In your case you are eating high-satiety foods which will make it harder to eat more calories. Please read through this: https://completehumanperformance.com.../clean-eating/

Everything else if I eat it is just on occasion. I don’t eat dairy but I will drink whey protein. I aim to hit 170gP, 190 g C, 60 g F and 25 g fiber. So ~2025 cal. I drink at least 3.5 liters water a day, don’t drink anything else except maybe tea. 5’10 243 lbs 27 yo and obviously female
    Do you drink that much water out of thirst or for some other reason?

How much weight are you losing per week?

Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    There is no benefit to doing this and clearly it is detrimental to you. It is not a rule; it is not even a suggestion. Why on earth do you do this if it makes you feel like you need to vomit?

Have you read any of the many threads here where it is discussed that "clean eating" serves no overriding purpose? In your case you are eating high-satiety foods which will make it harder to eat more calories.

Do you drink that much water out of thirst or for some other reason?

How much weight are you losing per week?

Ok so first I’ll clarify, I don’t eat food that soon after a workout. I usually will have a scoop of protein powder right when I get home, which I can handle but otherwise it’s hours before I feel the need to eat, because like I said, it’s like that rush where my body just doesn’t feel hunger pangs although I feel as if I should be physically hungry by that point. I don’t know.

I have heard it said by a ton of trainers and articles etc in the past how important it is to refuel within that hour window post exercise. Some say sooner than later. I’m not saying it’s my rule or any universal rule I just have always had that in my mind that it’s important to keep the metabolism and blood sugar from dropping to low.

As far as the Whole Foods/clean eating. I’m not 100% strict. I eat within reason but I normally eat basic food Vs processed or premise stuff because I’d prefer more volume than higher density. Idk. I’m not in any way saying I’m trying to eat perfect or whatever and that other food is bad.

I drink that much water because I live in arizona and it’s hot and dry as hell. It’s easy to get dehydrated.

I’m losing a solid 1.5 lbs a week at this point, sometimes more but I assume it’s because the deficit is a little bigger than my targets.

Ok so first I’ll clarify, I don’t eat food that soon after a workout. I usually will have a scoop of protein powder right when I get home, which I can handle but otherwise it’s hours before I feel the need to eat, because like I said, it’s like that rush where my body just doesn’t feel hunger pangs although I feel as if I should be physically hungry by that point. I don’t know.

I have heard it said by a ton of trainers and articles etc in the past how important it is to refuel within that hour window post exercise. Some say sooner than later. I’m not saying it’s my rule or any universal rule I just have always had that in my mind that it’s important to keep the metabolism and blood sugar from dropping to low.
    That has all been debunked. Unless you are training fasted in the morning I don't see any potential advantage to eating shortly after a lifting session, and even then I don't think the difference will be very significant long term if get your goal calories and macros in. There is absolutely no need to eat directly after a workout. If you eat a meal a couple of hours before a workout your body will still be processing those nutrients during your actual session and likely after the session is over as digestion can take several hours.

As far as the Whole Foods/clean eating. I’m not 100% strict. I eat within reason but I normally eat basic food Vs processed or premise stuff because I’d prefer more volume than higher density. Idk. I’m not in any way saying I’m trying to eat perfect or whatever and that other food is bad.
    If your issue is not eating enough then why are you trying to eat more volume, which typically makes it harder to eat more food?

I drink that much water because I live in arizona and it’s hot and dry as hell. It’s easy to get dehydrated.
    That is fine; just wanted to make sure you weren't drinking more than needed to cover your thirst as excessive fluid consumption can make it harder to eat.

I’m losing a solid 1.5 lbs a week at this point, sometimes more but I assume it’s because the deficit is a little bigger than my targets.
    That is a safe rate to lose weight as long as you are doing well with your training. I'm not sure you have a problem at all? Why do you feel you should be losing weight less quickly?