Roygbiv94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roygbiv94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roygbiv94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roygbiv94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roygbiv94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roygbiv94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roygbiv94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roygbiv94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roygbiv94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roygbiv94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roygbiv94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Trading Games for Gains, weekly fat loss log.

Ended up writing a lot. Whatever, its my journal. Log starts next post.

Cliff Notes:

-Used to be decent Powerlifter
    -Failed a squat I was emotionally invested in.
    -Sad about it, decided to deload.
    -Deload goes from 1 week to 2, to a month, eventually 2-3 years off of lifting.
    -Stopped working out, kept eating like I was though and got phuckin fat.
    -Lifting / fitness used to be my main hobby and source of entertainment (youtube / forums) -> video games became new main hobby.
    -One day realize that I'm fat
    -Delete games / gaming youtube subs / twitters, replace all with fitness stuff.

HISTORY

I used to be chubby in grade school and most of high school. Then I lost like 80lbs (220-140) by simply eating less and walking 1 hour a day. I was skinny fat, never understood how I didn't have abs.

I started working out, inspired by my brother who had been going to the gym for a while. As I got more into it I found I was having a lot of fun chasing PR's, this lead to power-lifting, which quickly became my #1 interest. I was decent at it, like most guys who get into it for a year or so. Usually the strongest squatter in whatever gym I'm in by far, mostly cause no one really squats heavy, but having that confidence boost knowing I was out lifting most my peers felt great. My life revolved around powerlifting, and I started eating more and more to support my strength gains. I desperately wanted to hit a 4 plate squat but linear progression wasn't getting my anywhere so I started running Candito's 6 Week Intermediate program. The first cycle worked amazing, increased all my lifts pretty significantly, and I figured if I gained the same amount of strength through a second cycle, I'd hit a 405 squat.

On the fifth week of the program, I was having an amazing workout. The squats flew up on every set, even as I was loading heavier and heavier. So I just went for it. Unracked, Squatted, felt super explosive coming out of the hole- then my goddamn headphone cord snagged on my knee. Spending 20 minutes getting crazy focused and in the zone, flying out of the hole, then, with the most weight I've ever had on my back, only to have the worst possible distraction in that moment throw me off, cause me to dip down and lose momentum- was so upsetting.

I should have just been proud I managed to fight the weight for as long as I did. I could attempt again soon and I'd get it. But something about the weeks of working up to get that weight and then failing- it genuinely made me sad. So I decided to take a week off, which turned into two, and now its been 3 years or so. I tried going back many many times. I would go in, do some lifts, I would be really weak, which would discourage me, and I'd lose motivation, I'd also get distracted by something that I now feel held me back more than anything- video games.

VIDEO GAMES

Around the end of my time power lifting, I had built my own gaming PC. I built it mostly so I could play Overwatch on PC. I think I have around 400+ hours logged on that game. 300 of those were well within the first 6 months of the games release. I also got into Hearthstone, I have no way of tracking the hours I sunk into that game, but I assume its also deep into the hundreds of hours. I can however look at my Blizzard financial logs and yeah... I'm not giving those numbers to anyone. Just... real bad, that game is the biggest money sink to ever exist man.

I always want to be good at everything I do. When I was in power lifting I spent my free time reading about form, programming, and watched power lifting youtubers (btw, I've been gone 3 years and Candito has only posted like 2 phucking videos, come on man). As lifting became less and less important, and I spent more time playing games, I also spent more time watching video games. It wasn't enough to spend hours playing, but then I'd finish the night watching Twitch streams or youtube videos, I'd check twitter to see what the pros are saying about the newest expansions / decks / maps / whatever. My YT recommendations were random nerd stuff when they used to be fitness / powerlifting / gym rat stuff. My ads started showing my gaming headsets and mice and new games instead of good ol' Six Pack Shortcuts with Mike Chang and the glorious towel row. I was immersed in gamer culture from my hobbies, my entertainment, my social media feeds, everything.

I didn't count calories. I ate out for most meals. I ate like chit and always justified it somehow, assuring myself that "Oh I had a stressful day, tomorrow I'll eat normally", but fast food WAS my normal at that point.

I got to 217 goddamn pounds. The hardest thing is seeing yourself in other peoples pictures. When you look in the mirror its weirdly easy to overlook your flaws, but in a picture of me sitting next to my girlfriend at her grandparents anniversary, seeing how sorely I stuck out compared to her and her fit brothers, seeing all the fat pooled around my midsection, pressing hard against the fabric of the clean white dress shirt I spent hours looking for to look my best. It phucking hurts man. I'm actually in tears typing this... I used to dress so nice and I was excited for that day, I bought a whole new outfit, not just the shirt. I got nice pants and shoes too. I thought I looked good. I was happy, confident even, which I don't feel much these days, so it was really nice. But seeing myself in the family photos they took and posted on Facebook later... Jesus man, it genuinely hurts to see how other people see you. It hurts to think I was 150-160lbs when my girlfriend and I started dating, and that I gained all this weight, excited to see all my lifts going up, all the while ignoring the fat building up until it was too late.

THE STRAW THAT BROKE THE (FAT) CAMELS BACK

What finally set my mind straight, what made me truly reflect on what I've become; World of Warcraft. Something about Blizzard games man, so goddamn addictive. I have a history with this one though, as I was HEAVILY addicted to WoW back in High School, before my whole walking an hour a day and losing 80lbs happened. On my main character back in High School I had 26-27 days played game time. Thats 648 hours. THAT'S. JUST. ONE. CHARACTER. I had 3 level 70s (this was during The Burning Crusade expac, so 70 was max level). Obviously my main had the most time played, but the others were pretty high up too. I was a dumb kid who decided to trade accounts with someone for a little bit to try out a different class, Blizz found out and banned me. Never bothered to get that account or characters back.

Then Battle for Azeroth came out and I decided to get back into it. Got a free 110 which I levelled to 120. Then levelled a second character to 120. I was hooked. I would go to bed thinking about WoW, what gear I needed, what professions would be best for my characters, when I'm going to run mythics to get more gear, how am I going to get make more gold, etc. I would literally WAKE UP EARLY JUST TO PLAY. I went from sleeping in to like 10-11 every day (this is in the summer btw), to getting up at 6am-7am, just so I would have more time to play. I would play hours and hours and hours. I would think about WoW when I was hanging out with my girlfriend, feeling guilty that a part of me almost wanted to find a way to leave early so I could go play. That was the first cue that something was wrong with me.

The epiphany I had, the straw of this sections subtitle, wasn't some significant thing. No major dramatic event occured. It was the complete opposite of a major event; it was the lack of anything at all. I was logged into the game, on my 120 Mage, just hanging out in Boralus Harbor (the main city in-game). I had run some dungeons, did some Battlegrounds, and then I was there, just standing in the main city doing nothing. I inspected my character and looked at all the gear I had collected. Had some good stuff too. I was ready for the raid to come out. But I felt sad, out of nowhere, just really really, really, DEEPLY sad. I felt empty inside. Every waking minute for the past month I did nothing but play WoW, watch WoW, think about WoW. It was no different than how I treated every other game I had been playing in the time between the end of my Power lifting and when I started WoW, it was just magnified 100 fold. I had let games consume me, but I could ignore it. But this had become too much, this time, I noticed.

So I deleted everything. I burned it all in a way I can never go back. I didn't just unsubscribe from WoW. Didn't just delete my characters. I deleted each individual item I owned on all my characters. Every piece of armor, every crafting material, all of it. I vendored everything I could vendor, deleted what I couldn't. I gave all my gold away to random people in-game, I even unlearned my professions. By the end my login screen showed 2 naked 120's. No gear, no gold. Only then I deleted them. I uninstalled WoW. I disabled my subscription. But I knew that wasn't enough.

I logged into Hearthstone. I deleted every single card and used up all the dust (currency) I had so I couldn't craft new cards.

IMMERSION

Other than a couple words, the one thing I remember from my High School Spanish class was my teacher telling us the best way to learn a language is to IMMERSE YOURSELF in it. She was referring to how she learned Spanish much faster when she lived in Spain, surrounded by the language in every way. I don't know why that idea stuck with me for years and years, but it gave me the idea to immerse myself in the world of fitness, like I used to be.

After burning all my bridges to the games I was addicted to, I opened Youtube. I unsubscribed from EVERYTHING. Then I looked up all the old Youtube fitness guys I used to watch and subbed to them; new ones too. I did the same on Twitter. I replaced all the gaming streamers with people like Jeff Nippard, Johnny Candito, Christian Guzman, Mark Bell, etc. I completely scrubbed games from my life and replaced them with fitness.

And honestly? I'm pretty sure it was brilliant. I'm EXCITED to go to the gym now. I actually go to bed thinking about the lifts I'm going to do the next day. It isn't something I put off, it's the first thing I do as soon as I wake up, just cause I'm so damn excited to go lift some heavy chit. When I'm killing free time, I don't play games or watch streams anymore, I watch fitness vloggers or read fitness forums. I look through various programs, soaking up everything. I went out and got a few shirts just for the gym that are my favorite thing ever right now. I got new SBD knee sleeves like I always wanted to back when I was super into powerlifting.

More importantly, I'm eating right this time. Even when I was really into lifting before, I never paid attention to nutrition. I got strong, but never looked good. This time I'm eating right. Instead of Tim Hortons breakfast sandwiches, McDoubles and Whoppers nearly every day, I wake up to 2 whole eggs with 2 serving of egg whites and 2 whole kiwis for breakfast, tilapia or steak with a side of asian veggie mix for lunch, protein power + frozen raspberries + banana smoothies after working out, extra lean ground beef + low fat cheese + sour cream and half or quarter servings of nachos if I can squeeze them into my macros. I'm eating good foods that I actually enjoy and look forward to having instead of being stuck with the idea I used to have of "Oh I'm gonna lose weight! I'll prep 4 containers of grilled chicken and rice and have that for every meal!".

That wasn't sustainable. I believe this is. I believe because I actually enjoy it. The lifting, the food, everything. I don't miss the games I played at all. I don't feel bad about deleting anything. I feel free, and I'm excited to get my strength back, to lose weight, and be confident again.

Roygbiv94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roygbiv94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roygbiv94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roygbiv94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roygbiv94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roygbiv94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roygbiv94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roygbiv94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roygbiv94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roygbiv94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Roygbiv94 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    STATS

Height: 5'7
    Weight: 212.6
    Abd Girth: 45''

NUTRITION

Calories: 1,710
    Protein: 150
    Fat: 57
    Carbs: 150

PROGRAM

Push/ Pull (Monday + Tuesday and Thursday + Friday)
    Cardio (For now, just once on Wednesdays using machine calorie estimation as goal. Aiming for 300cal per session for now)

PUSH:

Squat 3x5

Bench: 3-5x5
    Pec-Deck: 2x15

DB OHP: 3x5-8
    Cable Side Laterals: 3x8-12

One arm overhead extension: 3x8-12
    Tri pushdown: 2x8-12

PULL:

Deadlift: 1x AMRAP
    Lying leg curl: 3x8-12

Pulldown: 4x8-12
    DB Row: 3x5-8
    T-Bar: 2x12-15

Preacher curl: 3x8-12
    Cable curl: 2x8-15
    -----------------------------------

Weigh in's so far, started at 217, dropped to 213.6 super fast, assuming water weight.

September 11: 213.6
    September 12: 212.6
    September 13: 211.6
    September 14: 212.6

Attached pic of starting weight @217lbs
    Attached Images

SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SunshinyDaiz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Enjoyable opening post. Congratulations and good luck.
    Letting go of the fear and going to war.

GandyJay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GandyJay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GandyJay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GandyJay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GandyJay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GandyJay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GandyJay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GandyJay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GandyJay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GandyJay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GandyJay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good luck to you bud, I know what it's like getting hooked into WoW shes an addictive mistress!

Transf0rmMe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good luck mate. I know how addictive those games and be. After investing so much time in Wow early on I realised I was scheduling my life around the game. Being available for raids etc etc. I quit and moved to Hearthstone on basis it's 5-10mins a game, I can pick up and put down... but man it's easy to spend hours playing game after game.

I am with you, I like the approach... no going back! Be addicted to improving yourself.. you got this!

Originally Posted by GandyJay View Post
    Good luck to you bud, I know what it's like getting hooked into WoW shes an addictive mistress!
    Originally Posted by Transf0rmMe View Post
    Good luck mate. I know how addictive those games and be. After investing so much time in Wow early on I realised I was scheduling my life around the game. Being available for raids etc etc. I quit and moved to Hearthstone on basis it's 5-10mins a game, I can pick up and put down... but man it's easy to spend hours playing game after game.

I am with you, I like the approach... no going back! Be addicted to improving yourself.. you got this!
    I've had 3 bad days of weigh ins and was pretty bummed this morning, came to update my log and saw your comments. Feelsgoodman to get positive reinforcement, even from complete strangers, so thanks guys.

WEEK 1 FINALE

Sept 11: 213.6
    Sept 12: 212.6
    Sept 13: 211.6
    Sept 14: 212.6
    Sept 15: 212.8 <---
    Sept 16: 212.8 <---
    Sept 17: 213.0 <---

Average weight: 212.7.
    Lost since September 1st: 4.3lbs

Those last 3 days really annoy me. I understand weight fluctuates and all that, but its weird going from 3 days in a row losing an entire pound each morning, to sudden stagnation / increasing of weight. Lol I already made another post in the main fat loss forum trying to get explanations. I'm sure the answers will boil down to 1. why are your calories so low if you're going to the gym? 2. Its been a single week dipchit don't overreact, stick with it and it'll be fine, weight fluctuates 3. Stop weighing yourself daily. So I'm sure I already got the answers but I'd like to see an outside perspective.

Achievements

Deadlift 295x10, puts my 1RM at 390. My best was 425x2 so its nice to know I may not be super far off.
    DB OHP: 45 for 3 sets of 7 (never did DB ohp before and I'd like to work on my shoulders a lot harder this time around)
    Bench 170 3x5
    Squat 245 3x5

Didn't seem to lose a ton of DL strength, bench is coming back surprisingly fast as it was typically my worst lift, and weirdly squats are harder to progress despite being my best lift before.

Meal of the Week (some new health chit I'm trying and enjoy):

Toasted Avocado and Turkey Sandwich w/ Dijon mustard.

Lesson of the Week (something neat I learned while browsing YT / forums):

Eat your last meal of the day around the same time every night for more consistent daily weigh ins (Christian Guzman)
    Sept 1st: 217lbs
    October 1st: 210.5
    November 1st: 202.6

killshot will become famous soon enough. (+50) killshot will become famous soon enough. (+50) killshot will become famous soon enough. (+50) killshot will become famous soon enough. (+50) killshot will become famous soon enough. (+50) killshot will become famous soon enough. (+50) killshot will become famous soon enough. (+50) killshot will become famous soon enough. (+50) killshot will become famous soon enough. (+50) killshot will become famous soon enough. (+50) killshot will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would recommend either not weighing yourself every day (I do every Sunday morning before I eat/drink) or averaging all 7 days if you want to weigh yourself all the time. Personally I fluctuate up to 12 lbs in one day, and depending what you eat it's easy to fluctuate even up to the next day because of prior sodium etc.

Good luck!

Week Two Update

September 18: 211.2
    September 19: 210.6
    September 20: 211.4
    September 21: 211.0
    September 22: 211.6
    September 23: 212.0
    September 24: 211.8

Average Weight: 211.4
    Loss this week = 1.3lbs
    Loss since start = 5.6lbs

1,710 calories a day seems to be working, but it seems weird since I originally calculated my TDEE based on 0 activity level. These past two weeks I've been working out 5-6 days a week, plus 100 calories of cardio 2-3 times a week. If anything I was originally worried I set my cals too low, but I'm losing at a normal rate when I was expecting to be losing too fast. Its working but I'm worried I don't have a ton of room to lower calories once I plateau.

Achievements:

Deadlift 315x10
    Squat 275 3x5
    Bench 180 3x5

Bike x80 calories + Stairmaster x220 calories (would have been all stairmaster but one of the two at my gym is broken so the one we have right now is almost always busy, swapped over as soon as it was available.)
    This was an achievement cause I've actually never really done cardio, and I didn't find these 30+ minutes cardio hard at all. Watching Netflix while going really helps.

Meal of the Week:

Phuckin quesadillas man, had them for dinner almost every night this week. So easy to make, lots of protein and tastes awesome.

Lesson of the Week:

I should aim for around 1% body weight lost per week, and 10% total body weight lost per diet phase, followed by a temporary diet break of 1 week - 1 month at maintenance before going back to a deficit. (Dr. Mike Israetel, JTS). Apparently this helps maintain muscle / help prevent rebound weight gain and generally assist in long term weight loss, which is what I'm aiming for.

So when I hit 195 (10% loss from starting weight of 217), I'll eat at maintenance for 1-4 weeks before going to lose another 10%.

Week Three Update

September 25: 211.8
    September 26: 211.2
    September 27: 211.0
    September 28: 209.8***
    September 29: 209.2
    September 30: 209.4
    October 1: 211.0

Average Weight: 210.5
    Loss this week = 0.9lbs
    Total Loss: 6.5lbs

Week one and three I lost exactly 0.9lbs, second week I lost 1.3. I'd really like to bump that number up a little bit, closer to 1.5-1.8/week. Considering lowering cals a tiny bit. I intend to diet down to 195 before taking a 2-4 week diet break @maintenance, at this rate it would take more than 15 weeks which seems excessive. I don't want to get all the way up to 2lbs a week though.

Achievements

*Squat 285x4
    *Bench 155x10 (all paused)
    *Deadlift 335x5
    *DB OHP 50lbs 4 sets of 7.
    *Weigh-in under 210 for the first time in years.

Been having a lot of fun training, using a more well rounded routine that hits everything. I used to do pretty much nothing but squat, bench, deadlift, and go home. I'm still focusing on powerlifting movements, doing them first and heaviest while progressively overloading them; but I'm making sure to train everything else equally as well now. Hamstrings, shoulders, lats / traps, biceps. I used to actually have pretty awesome looking quads, but nothing else.

Meal of the Week:

Chili. Made a big batch of chili with my girlfriend this week that lasted me several days. Super easy to make and it preps you for meals for lunch and dinner for a long time.

Lesson of the Week:

-95% of people who lose weight will regain it within 3 years. Of those people, 1/3rd will actually regain MORE weight than when they started. -Layne Norton
    -Put 2.5lb plates under your toes during stiff leg deadlifts to get a better stretch on the hamstrings.

Registered User PrincessPerhaps's Avatar
    Location: Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    PrincessPerhaps is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This is such a great accountability log! Very funny and very motivating to see your dedication persist past those first few days of excitement we all go through. I like your immersion theory, I definitely think it's important to concept of building a lifestyle out of fitness and lifting, as opposed to periodic 'dieting'.

Originally Posted by PrincessPerhaps View Post
    This is such a great accountability log! Very funny and very motivating to see your dedication persist past those first few days of excitement we all go through. I like your immersion theory, I definitely think it's important to concept of building a lifestyle out of fitness and lifting, as opposed to periodic 'dieting'.
    Thank you for the comment The random bits of encouragement from strangers really do mean A LOT.

I don't think I would recommend what I did to everyone, but as I'm looking back I'm noticing I definitely have an addictive personality and I needed the super hardcore 180 change. I'm still playing games, just not online games with no end to them like WoW or Hearthstone that constantly move the goal posts and prevent you from finding any sense of completion. So I'm still having fun nerding out, but now its 1-3 hours a WEEK, rather than 5-8 hours a DAY.

Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sarumyan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good luck mate!
    Rugby, Judo, Basketball, MMA Fighter Crew (4-0).
    80+ lbs lost crew
    UofT Biz Crew

Week 4 Update:

October 2: 209.2
    October 3: 212.0 <----- Went out to dinner with GF, went 1200 calories over... Felt guilty for a day or two, but ended up having the best week of weight loss anyways...
    October 4: 209.8
    October 5: 208.4
    October 6: 208.2
    October 7: 207.6
    October 8: 207.0

Average Weight: 208.9
    Loss this week: 1.6
    Total loss: 8.1

END OF MONTH REVIEW #1

Week 1: 212.7 (0.9lbs lost)
    Week 2: 211.4 (1.3lbs lost)
    Week 3: 210.5 (0.9lbs lost)
    Week 4: 208.9 (1.6lbs lost)

Avg loss per week: 1.16

Lifting:

No major lifting achievements this week. Been doing assisted pullups at -70lbs, recently swapped to -60 and doing same amount of reps. Really looking forward to being able to rep out 8-12 pullups unassisted. Also dumbbell overhead pressing is going really well, 50lbs for 3 sets of 8.

I'm hitting everything equally, but this time I'm reaaaaally focusing on my back shoulders and hamstrings, which looking back on my old only-squat-bench-deadlift and nothing else style of training, I feel were neglected. I have naturally wide hips, so I'm glad I'm progressing so well with my pullups and OHP's.

///

Nutrition

Nutrition wise, I honestly think I'm doing so well because I eat whatever the phuck I want. I just stay under my calorie goal of 1700-1800 and try to get at least 150-160 protein. I love having like 800cal of taco bell and then waking up to a new low weigh in. Not that I'm eating chitty food all the time, I'm actually eating super clean 90% of the time, egg white omelettes with spinach/onion/ side of apple slices and kiwis, turkey+avocado sandwiches, steak, chicken/fried veggie mix, protein powder+blueberries or raspberry shakes, getting lots of fiber. But I'm eating food that I actually enjoy, and if that means having subway or taco bell or whatever- idgaf as long as its within my calories.

One thought on the above; when people find out you're trying to lose weight, they seem to impose their ideas on you, or try to help in some way. Like they don't understand eating less calories is 90% of the job. So you say you're dieting, suddenly someone will point to your burger or chili and say, shouldn't you be eating white meats? Isn't red meat bad? Drinking diet pepsi-- shouldn't you only drink water? Having a sandwich-- shouldn't you avoid the carbs? I don't know where I'm going with this, but it feels like when you tell someone you're trying to lose weight, they want to find every tiny fault in what you're doing and point it out, all the while ignoring that I'm eating less than I need, losing weight consistently. Maybe they think they're being helpful and its just me imagining them being judgmental dicks, I dunno. Sorry for being so wordy //endrant.

///

Goals Going Forward

1. Lose another 4-8lbs (204-200lbs) by November 5th.
    2. Increase my weekly average protein intake to 150. (I've had some mediocre days for protein, weekly average has been consistently around 130)
    3. Squat 315
    4. DB OHP 60lbs for 4-6 (this one may be a bit of a stretch, not sure. No real gauge of shoulder strength progression as I haven't focused on it ever).
    5. Find 2 enjoyable, high protein lunches to have. (Breakfast is always eggs, scrambled or omelette + 1-2 kiwis, sliced apple, which I love-- dinner I have TONS of great options, lunch I struggle with).

///

I have re-attached my starting body pic + a pic of me today @207. Also the paper I've been tracking my weighs on (left for date/weight, middle is calories worth of cardio done, right is end of week summary. Heart, smiley face and encouragement added by gf <3)

I'd also like to re-iterate my sincere thanks to everyone who has commented and offered words of encouragement, it makes my day whenever I see a new comment cheering me on .
    Attached Images

Also, does anyone know how to make my age on the left side of the forum update? I don't know why it was set to 48 when I made the account... I updated my bodyspace to say 24 but it still says 48 in here.

Week 5 Update:

October 9: 207.0
    October 10: 206.8
    October 11: 208.2
    October 12: 207.8
    October 13: 208.2
    October 14: 207.4
    October 15: 206.4

Average Weight: 207.4
    Week Loss: 1.5lbs
    Total Loss: 9.6lbs

Wasn't a great week, had a couple days where I went over my calories. I'm in my 4th year of Nursing and I'm doing unpaid 12 hour nursing shifts, in addition to my real job at a long term care facility. It's been very stressful and schedule wise it kinda messes with my eating routine (nursing schedule bounces back and forth between 7am-7pm day shifts and 7pm-7am midnight shifts). I'm used to having breakfast -> workout -> lunch -> another smallish meal maybe -> decent sized dinner within an hour or two of going to bed. So I get messed up especially on midnights when I get hungry during the shift and eat all my food, using up my calories, but then I'm so used to eating something before going to bed that I end up eating extra cals in the AM before going to sleep.

It's all good though cause I only have 2 more clinical shifts then I should be back on schedule. Regardless, I still lost a pound and a half this week, and today (day 1 of week 6) I had a new low weight in of 205.4, so I'm not overly worried about these few screw ups.

Lifting:

I achieved one of my goals for the month real early, did Dumbbell Overhead Press, 60lbs for a set of 6, 6, then 4 on the last set. I'm very happy with that. Gonna bring the weights back down and just get a lot more volume in the 40-50lb range before pushing strength anymore, or maybe give barbell OHP a shot. DBs are getting too hard to get up on my own and I feel like I'm wasting energy just getting them up to my shoulders. On another note, I failed a bench and had to roll of shame the bar down cause I didn't ask anyone for a spot :/. Couple guys from my program were at the gym so my ego got the better of me, benched 185 for 8 reps and decided to go for 9. Didn't happen. Still happy with the 185x8 though.

Achievements:

DB OHP: 60lbs x6
    Bench Press: 185lbs x8
    Squat: 300lbs x5
    Deadlift: 365 x3
    Assisted Pullups: -50lbs x8 (started at -70 for sets of 5 to 6 so I'm happy with the progress).

I've been meaning to add as well that I have changed my program since the start of the log. I'm now doing Pull / Push / Legs. I don't have a set schedule, I just constantly go to the gym every day doing whichever workout comes next, if I feel overly fatigued or just need a mental health day, I take a day off. I've been going 5-6 days a week for a month now.

PULL

Deadlifts working up to a heavy set of 5+ followed by 2 back off sets of 4-6 @70% projected 1RM. (sometimes I don't DL if it would interfere with squats schedule wise)
    3 sets of assisted pullups OR Machine Pulldowns
    3 sets seated cable row OR Pendlay rows
    3-4 sets cable pullovers
    3 sets facepulls

3 sets barbell curl
    2 sets hammer curl
    2 sets forearm 21s

-> May cut the hammer curls and add an extra set of forearm 21s?

PUSH

3 sets DB Overhead Press OR Flat bench press
    3 sets close grip bench (if DB OHP done first) OR 3 sets DB OHP (if flat bench done)
    3 sets Incline bench
    3 sets Tricep pushdown
    3 sets cable side laterals
    2 sets chest isolation (cable crossover or pec deck)
    2 sets overhead tricep extension

-> seeing it all written out like this makes me think I may have too much tricep volume...

LEGS

Squats up to a heavy 5+ set followed by 3 sets 4-6 reps @70% projected 1RM (based on 5+ set)
    3 sets stiff leg deadlifts
    3 sets leg press
    3 sets leg curls
    sometimes calves I dunno.

-> I think I'll add ab work to leg day as well.

jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    don't play fortnite

Originally Posted by jbliss15 View Post
    don't play fortnite
    Lol I have before. Hated it. I love the style/ aesthetic, even the gameplay---- except building. Which is literally the most important part of the game. Hated flanking someone, taking aim, starting to shoot, then in half a second they've spun around and immediately constructed an entire phucking fortress. I've been playing the new Call of Duty, Blackout seems really really fun so far, but thats mostly cause I randomly teamed up with some hilarious Australian dudes and I really only play when they play now.

As a side note, Call of Duty is the perfect game for addictive gamers. Its fun, lets you kill some time and enjoy yourself, but its equally frustrating and easy to put down whenever you want.

WEEK 6 UPDATE

October 16: 205.4
    October 17: 205.6
    October 18: 204.8
    October 19: 205.4
    October 20: 206.4
    October 21: 204.8
    October 22: 205.6

Average Weight: 205.4lbs
    Loss this week: 2lbs
    Total Loss: 11.6lbs
    ------------------------------------------------

LIFTING

Squat 320x5
    Bench 195x5
    Stiff leg deadlift 205x6

No other significant lifts. Did hip thrusts for the first time today for sets of 8-10 with 135. Squeezed at the top. Those are hard af man.

NUTRITION

I'm financially super tight since I've had to take so much time off work for clinical :/. Its been making it really hard to hit my macros, but my calories are still pretty good. It sucks how much your brain messes with you; this was the most weight lost in a single week so far and my lifts are going up real fast, yet I feel like it was a bad week and I've failed somehow. Not hitting my protein goals, even though I'm still losing weight and getting stronger, sucks. I'm really looking forward to being done with clinical so I can work more, get some money, and go back to being able to comfortably buying steaks n chit for dinner.

I had bought a small pack of chicken, ate 1/3rd of it, then the rest kinda got thrown out cause chicken tastes so phhuuuuucking bad when its not freshly cooked. Made a fajita out of it but it was still so unappetizing and disgusting I just threw it out.

I dunno. Great week for weight loss and strength gains- feel kinda chitty about it anyways.

jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jbliss15 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Roygbiv94 View Post
    Lol I have before. Hated it. I love the style/ aesthetic, even the gameplay---- except building. Which is literally the most important part of the game. Hated flanking someone, taking aim, starting to shoot, then in half a second they've spun around and immediately constructed an entire phucking fortress. I've been playing the new Call of Duty, Blackout seems really really fun so far, but thats mostly cause I randomly teamed up with some hilarious Australian dudes and I really only play when they play now.

As a side note, Call of Duty is the perfect game for addictive gamers. Its fun, lets you kill some time and enjoy yourself, but its equally frustrating and easy to put down whenever you want.
    i bought cod blackout and played in a few times i've never been really into COD. but its ok.

i play fortnite a little bit, but the sweaty try hards and cheaters make it hard to play. its frustrating.

WEEK 7 UPDATE

October 23: 206.6
    October 24: 204.4
    October 25: 205.0
    October 26: 203.8
    October 27: 202.8
    October 28: 204.2
    October 29: 204.0

Average Weight: 204.4lbs
    Week Loss: 1lb
    Total Loss: 12.6lbs

I don't feel great about this week. Usually at the end of the night, I have been pretty good at predicting if the next morning will be a good or bad weigh in. As I've been dieting I've been more and more aware of my weight and its fluctuations and what affects it, but something about this week sucked. My diet was chit if I'm being honest so I'm chalking it up to that and nothing else. It was just not a happy week in terms of weight loss since it felt so haphazard and random. I still lost a pound though so I'm happy with that. The day I weighed 202.8 was awesome though. It felt really good to see that number, like I'm really really close to being back under 200lbs.

Today is day one and I'm starting it right, just finished my scrambled eggs (1lg egg, 3 egg whites, fistful of spinach, 1/4th an onion and 30g low fat cheese), with 1 whole kiwi an apple on the side. Took my fish oil tabs and sipping on my pre workout, leaving for leg day as soon as I'm done this update. I really want to finish out the end of my second month strong.

----------------------------------------------

LIFTING:

Also felt a little off lifting this week, but these were my best numbers...

Squat 320x5 //// followed by extra volume work @255x8 reps, 255x6 reps
    Stiff leg deads: 205x6 for 3 sets
    Leg press 315x10 for 3 sets
    ***(I don't actually know what the default unloaded weight of the press is, so I just use numbers that would match a bar, i.e if I load 1 plate each side I just call it 135)
    Bench 185x6, 185x6, 185x7 ----I have done 195x5, but I wasn't feeling into the workout that day so instead of going for my +5lbs AMRAP like I normally do I just did straight sets at 185.
    Lat Pulldowns 150x10 for 3 sets.

I also tried hip thrusts last leg day, think I mentioned in an earlier post. They went really well actually. Gonna do them again today.

I'm not sure I should keep doing this 6 day PPL, I'm starting to feel kinda drained. I'm interested in the nSuns program, but I also really like going to the gym on a near daily basis, so we'll see.

----------------------------------------------------------

NUTRITION

Don't really wanna talk about it man. I didn't do very well this week at all. My average protein intake was 95 somehow. I'm actually really really upset with myself about that. I think I phucked myself over at the start when I set my calories so low (1700). I should have started higher and worked down, it just seems really hard sometimes to even fit a decent amount of protein into that caloric restriction unless I'm eating nothing but meat and eggs all day.

One day at a time I guess, and today I'm gonna hit my macros flawlessly. Had my eggs, gonna have protein shake for lunch, beef or steak for dinner later.

--------------------------------------------------------

MONTHLY GOALS

1. Lose 4-8lbs by Nov 5th ------- -------------------------COMPLETE: Officially lost 4lbs now since the end of week 4. Anything more now is just a bonus.
    2. Increase weekly protein average to 150/day----------Incomplete
    3. Squat 315------------------------------------------------COMPLETE: Squatted 315x5, then next leg day, 320x5. If I feel good, 325x5 attempt today.
    4. DB OHP 60lbs for 4-6 reps------------------------------COMPLETE: October 13, OHP 60lbs for 6 reps, 6 reps, 4 reps.
    5. Find 2 new lunch meals---------------------------------Incomplete: I like turkey sandwiches and protein shakes for lunch meals, but those are both old. Intended goal was to find something new, gotta watch some Youtubers eating chit I guess.

Week 8 Update:

October 30: 202.6
    October 31: 202.6
    November 1: 202.8
    November 2: 207.2***
    November 3: 207.6***
    November 4: 205.4
    November 5: 203.8

Average weight: 204.6lbs
    Loss this week: -0.2 <-- Yeah I actually gained a little.
    Total Loss: 12.4lbs

Yeaaaaaaaah I phucked up big time here boys. I was doing real good first 3 days, weight sticking to 202, was very happy. Then we bought a box of Halloween candy and I ate the chit out of it for 3 days, resulting in those 207lb days. Its come down steadily the last two days and I'm hoping to be back in the mid-high 202's by tomorrow and be 100% back on track.

END OF MONTH REVIEW #2

Week 1: 207.4 (1.5lbs lost)
    Week 2: 205.4 (2lbs lost)
    Week 3: 204.4 (1lb lost)
    Week 4: 204.6 (0.2lb GAIN)

Avg loss per week: 1.075

General thoughts: I can't believe I'm writing a month two review. As bad as I feel about ending this week very poorly, I'm proud to have been sticking with this. Even when I don't hit my macros or I overeat or I skip a workout-- whatever bad chit or short comings I have, I still weigh myself every day. I still write my weekly updates. While getting enough protein is still a little challenging for me, and school and work mess up my lifting schedule pretty often, tracking calories / weight / reflecting on it all at the end of the week has become easy.

LIFTING

Squat:
    320x5
    275x10

Bench:
    195x5
    160x10

Deadlift:
    385x1
    365x3
    325x8

I've pulled back a little on accessories lately as I was getting super fatigued and tired all the time, endless soreness. I've been steadily making strength gains all this time, even in a caloric deficit. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the fact I used to hit these weights before, but it felt good hitting that 275x10 squat after 275 was a HARD 5RM for me when I started lifting again.

///

NUTRITION

I'm hitting my calorie goals easy, but still struggling to keep protein up. Gonna try having more dinner type meals for lunch, straight up steak and vegetables.

///

Goals Going Forward:

1. Get under 200lbs for the first time in over 3 years. This is the month, I know it, and I'm really, really excited to see that first 199 weigh in.
    2. Bench 225
    3. Deadlift 405
    4. GET THAT DAMN PROTEIN AVERAGE INTAKE UP TO 150-165

WEEK 9 UPDATE

November 6: 204.4
    November 7: 204.4
    November 8: 207.2
    November 9: 204.4
    November 10: 204.2
    November 11: 202.6
    November 12 202.2

Average weight: 204.2
    Loss this week: 0.4lbs
    Total loss: 12.8

Last week set me back haaaard, and I was worried it was gonna take forever to recover based on the first 5 days being stuck in 204 purgatory. But today (202.2, a new record low) and yesterday (202.6) has me feeling like I'm back where I left off two weeks ago before I messed up. I'm ready to go and get under 200lbs real soon Today will also be my first official day on nSuns 4 day program so we'll see how it goes.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````

Lifting

No new records in terms of lifting. Been doing lighter loads with variant lifts as I tweaked my back at the start of the week so I didn't want to squat too heavy or bench (I arch pretty hard on my bench).

WEEK 10 UPDATE

November 13: 202.4
    November 14: 202.0
    November 15: 201.8
    November 16: 202.6
    November 17: 203.2
    November 18: 201.2
    November 19: 201.6

Average weight: 202.1
    Loss this week: 2.1
    Total loss: 14.9

I can officially say that I am 100% back on track. Feels good to hit a new low weigh in again. Will be hitting the 200's soon enough and then 199

I know I haven't posted any pics lately, but I'll upload a recent progress pic real soon. Maybe at the end of this month, so two reports from now.

WEEK 11 & 12

WEEK 11

November 20: 200.8
    November 21: 201.8
    November 22: 203.0
    November 23: 202.2
    November 24: 201.0
    November 25: 199.8 ************ FIRST TIME UNDER 200 IN 3+ YEARS
    November 26: 200.8

Average wt: 201.3
    Week loss: 0.8
    Total loss: 15.7

WEEK 12

November 27: 201.0
    November 28: 202.0
    November 29: no input --- forgot to write
    November 30: 201.2
    December 1: 201.6
    December 2: 200.2
    December 3: 199.2

Avg wt: 200.9

Wk loss: 0.4
    Total loss: 16.1

`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````

So my progress has slowed waaaay down and I've officially dropped my calories from 1710 to 1600. On the plus side- I've gotten under 200 in the first time in an incredibly long time.

I haven't gone to the gym in two weeks though, which I'm really ashamed of. I'm going tonight 100%. I need to find some new youtubers or some other fitness related content to enjoy. I found I'm way more motivated to go to the gym after watching some other dudes lifting, and for a long time I was binging Christian Guzman, but I've gotten vlog-fatigued and don't care for the drawn out video diary style videos. I just wanna watch some dudes lifting chit I guess. If anyone here is reading and has reccomendations for some good youtuber lifters please let me know.