Juzidd is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unmotivated, help?

So about 3 months ago I wanted to build muscle. I did it for about a month and saw really nice gains, but i also wanted to lose fat. I started eating around 1100 calories, an extreme deficit.
    I slowly developed anorexia this summer and was too tired to work out so I quit.

I am not anorexic anymore and I am now eating around 1500 calories instead of 1100. (Which is around my TDEE)
    I worked out on and off every week, I always wanted to continue but was too unmotivated to do it again. So there was another week break, and another one... and it went on like that for a while.

I really want to start building muscle but I know that when I do it i keep putting it off for another week.

How do I get motivated to keep doing it and doing it 3 times a week and make it into a habit as how it used to be when i started? I used to love working out but now it's more of a chore.

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Step 1: Know why you want to lift. Why do you want more muscles. If you have a valid reason, be it self confidence or simply wanting to look better or anything that makes you want to get in shape, then write it down and remember why you're going to the gym. Know why you're putting in the work. That's where motivation comes from.

However you don't lack from motivation. You lack discipline. You can't be mentally pumped and focused 24/7. there will be days where you're tired, feel lazy, when it's raining outside and you rather not go. But you have to go anyway. This takes discipline. And you can only do it by not skipping, get into a solid routine and stick to it no matter what.

In the end it's your own battle but it's you who reaps the benefits. Know what you're fighting for. If you think something is worth doing, then give it your all. No half assed bs. And when you'be been lifting and eating right consecutively for 4 months. You'll be glad that you did. And after that every day in the gym will only create an even better body which in turns motivates you even more and after that it will become a lifestyle and you'll be able to apply the learned discipline in every other aspect of your life and turn you into a better person. But no one will do it for you op, you have to put in the work. Have self confidence that you can do it, stay positive and work hard.

Lucks777 is not very well liked. (-100) Lucks777 is not very well liked. (-100) Lucks777 is not very well liked. (-100) Lucks777 is not very well liked. (-100) Lucks777 is not very well liked. (-100) Lucks777 is not very well liked. (-100) Lucks777 is not very well liked. (-100) Lucks777 is not very well liked. (-100) Lucks777 is not very well liked. (-100) Lucks777 is not very well liked. (-100) Lucks777 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I really want to become better.

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Lucks777 View Post
    I really want to become better.
    Then do it. Wanting it isn't enough, you have to do the work.

Registered User PowerIsNowledge's Avatar
    PowerIsNowledge will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerIsNowledge will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerIsNowledge will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerIsNowledge will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerIsNowledge will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerIsNowledge will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerIsNowledge will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerIsNowledge will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerIsNowledge will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerIsNowledge will become famous soon enough. (+50) PowerIsNowledge will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Nobody can tell you why to be motivated. Otherwise it isn't really coming from within. What do YOU want to accomplish?

Registered User rakeshkumar1998's Avatar
    rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100) rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100) rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100) rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100) rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100) rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100) rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100) rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100) rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100) rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100) rakeshkumar1998 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Come in the gym like you’re going to war. – Unknown