Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So its been a month since i started all this. I was 331lbs... today, 1 month later, i am down to 304 lbs. Feeling great, my diet is going great, workouts great, and im now off all my meds aside from 1. i started taking multi vitamins every morning with some fish oil. eating 1700 cal a day and tracking my macros now. Lots of salads, lots of chicken and green beans, lots of whole grain turkey sandwiches with tons of veggies. Havnt been starving, having very few "cravings" and the ones I have have been easily ignored by drinking water and keeping busy. Everything is going great and fairly easy. Maybe it's cuz for the first time in my life i really want it!

MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Great work, congrats on the good progress!

You're 100% on the right track - this is how you lose weight and build the habits for keeping it off.
    330->210. Drop me a PM if you're just getting started and want some advice.
    Do what you love and you'll never workout a day in your life.

bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bsdesign0000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Random thoughts...

So i have become "addicted" to an aspect about going to the gym. you know that feeling after your just finished a cardio or lifting session where your covered in sweat hunched over catching your breath. you can feel the strain all thru your muscles and legs. i don't know if its called something in the weight lifting world, but every time i get into the gym i am craving that. the other day my workout plan did not seem to be pushing me enough, so i added some extra sets/weight and exercises in. then as soon as i finished i hopped on the elliptical and just went as hard as i could for about 10 mins until i was pouring with sweat. I got off, workout was done. As i was was wiping off my sweat and catching my breath it kind of donned on me, "man this is really addictive". A little over a month ago i was hiding from any type of physical activity, let alone it making me sweat, to now after a hard workout i'm starting to think to myself, "i bet i could hammer out another 5 mins on that elliptical or maybe do some more squats".

Registered User GoodBrotherHoot's Avatar
    GoodBrotherHoot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoodBrotherHoot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoodBrotherHoot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoodBrotherHoot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoodBrotherHoot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoodBrotherHoot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoodBrotherHoot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoodBrotherHoot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoodBrotherHoot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoodBrotherHoot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GoodBrotherHoot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Congrats on the progress!!! Well done

So quick update... everything has been going great, my diet has been really good. workouts have been great too. my cardio is getting much better as well as my lifting form and being able to up weight more and more. im really starting to notice the changes in my body. new muscles popping up where they wernt before and old ones getting stronger and more defined. i can notice the fat burning away, i am able to tug at my skin on my arms and belly, its getting much looser and my gut is shrinking. So as of this evening (err early morning) i am at 296.5lbs ... i was 295 this morning. I started this 7 weeks ago starting at 331lbs. I havnt been under 300lbs in like 12years!!!!!!!! a huge accomplishment for me. All of my clothes are getting too big. I had to buy a smaller belt cuz i ran out of holes on my old one. I am holding off on buying new clothes cuz it would just be a waste.

i am feeling amazing. My sciatic pain in my leg is pretty much gone right now. and any flare up is very minor. I have so much more energy, i feel strong.

now the bad.....

...... there is none!!! the soreness of post workouts is a high for me and a sense of accomplishment. the only thing i can say is some days i stuggle to really want to do those 30 mins at 6-7mph on the elliptical.. but im still doing it every afternoon. I bang it out!

ill update this thread every so often

I dont think anyone reads my thread no more, but imma post anyways. So its been 3 months since i started eating better and exercising. Today i am down 60lbs!!!! I havnt worn a XL tshirt in 20 years... until today! My food habbits are completely under control now, and i am continuing working out. I feel like a different person, everything about my like is so much better. Not only is my health better, just my overall attitude and quality of life is better. I have been hitting alot of PRs lately on my workouts which only means i am getting stronger! I feel great guys. This bodybuilding.com site/community is just awesome!

Ill check in next month!

MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MoldyGopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    60! That's great, congratulations!

There's a line you will cross or may have already crossed where you become stronger than you weigh. You'll suddenly feel light on your feet, and can jump and climb easily. Your body will no longer be an anchor but instead it'll feel like an engine.

And clothing! I still have the first shirt I purchased at a 'normal' clothing store. Every pant size was a victory.

Great work, kudos!
    330->210. Drop me a PM if you're just getting started and want some advice.
    Do what you love and you'll never workout a day in your life.

i havnt gotten to that point yet, but I cant wait until I do. I forget what it feels like to not be morbidly obese. So every week as the lbs burn away, I feel more like the person i was suppose to be. I would love to be able to do unassisted pullups and chinups!

Registered User BodyBldgPwrLftr's Avatar
    BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BodyBldgPwrLftr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Congratulations on your fantastic progress!
    I'm striving to do the best I can with what I have.

Find & follow me on Instagram @fortyfiedfitness

FORTYfied Fitness & Strength channel on YouTube channel here:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbtBxvY6i-lcfVU9heTKMrA

latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) latverian41 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    First thing there is no going back. Forget everything abiut yesterday except for the life lessons your mistakes have cost you

Next set aside the next 12 months for a lifestyle change. Don't look in the mirror for wright loss don't jump on the scale every week.

Eat clean and healthy. Even if you just walk for 5 miles a day for the next three months that is fine. It's progress. It'd movement in a forward direction towards your goals

Eventually strength train. Yiu can start out with your busy weight for that on the floor . Push ups and work and midsection

Take it at a gradual pace. Most importantly you must find a passion for your new lifestyle cause if you dont love it or learn to live it then you are acting and that will only take you so far and then you relapse and all that work was for nothing

You can do it if you desire it enough patience and effort patience and effort. Before you know it you will wake up one day and see what you want to see

Just never forget. The outside means nothing if you are cold on the inside one does not mean much without the other

Originally Posted by latverian41 View Post
    First thing there is no going back. Forget everything abiut yesterday except for the life lessons your mistakes have cost you

Next set aside the next 12 months for a lifestyle change. Don't look in the mirror for wright loss don't jump on the scale every week.

Eat clean and healthy. Even if you just walk for 5 miles a day for the next three months that is fine. It's progress. It'd movement in a forward direction towards your goals

Eventually strength train. Yiu can start out with your busy weight for that on the floor . Push ups and work and midsection

Take it at a gradual pace. Most importantly you must find a passion for your new lifestyle cause if you dont love it or learn to live it then you are acting and that will only take you so far and then you relapse and all that work was for nothing

You can do it if you desire it enough patience and effort patience and effort. Before you know it you will wake up one day and see what you want to see

Just never forget. The outside means nothing if you are cold on the inside one does not mean much without the other
    Thanks man, i have lost 60lbs in 3 months so far since i started in September (i am assuming your commenting on my original post which started this thread). I watch my diet/portions and track my calories as well as workout 6 days a week. I have a workout program i been following for 3 months. I feel amazing since i have stated, the weight is flying off and i feel strong. I just PR'd most my exercises last week, which shows to me i am getting strong. Plus i see a noticeable different in my physique.

But you make some great points still. I actually love my new lifestyle. Especially working out at the gym, which is probably why i go so hard for 60-90mins 6x a week.

I made this photo a couple weeks ago when i hit a loss of 50lbs. You can really tell just in my head. Since this image i am down 60lbs total, i went form 4-5xl clothes to xl & 2xl (sometimes xl's are more like a L). Even my old baseball hats are too big for me now. I really need to buy some new clothes cuz all my old clothes are pretty much useless now. Luckily I have a few 2xl and Xl things i was able to pull out of storage. Anyhow All is well in my world guys! Couldnt be happier
    Attached Images

tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You are doing great, keep it up!

Getting started is hard and sticking with it can be even harder for many. But it sounds like you are well on your way to a healthy lifestyle and healthy body.
    Bodybuilding is much more than an hour in the gym a few days a week---it's a lifestyle that changes all your perceptions about how to live, eat, and rest. It feeds the mind as much (and sometimes more so) than the body.
    ~Originally posted by ironwill2008

So i created a new full body workout routine with a friend of mine. Here is what i will be doing:

its 3x a week, about 80min workout or so. Mondays I will be doing all my exercises at 8 reps (calf raises at 12). Wednesdays will be doing 9 reps (calf raises 16). Friday will be doing 10 resp (calf raises 20).
    Each week I will be adding about 10% of weight to the exercises. On my rest days I will be doing 30mins (or more) of cardio, plus ab workouts. Here is the routine (I dont have free weights at my gym so i will be using the smith machine):

Elliptical - 10mins (warmup)
    Squats - 4 sets (1 warmup)
    Bench Press - 4 sets (1 warmup)
    Bent Over Rows - 4 sets (1 warmup)
    Seated Overhead Shoulder Press - 4 sets (1 warmup)
    Stiff Legged Deadlift - 3 sets
    Calf Raise - 3 sets
    Barbell Curls - 3 sets
    EZ-Bar Skullcrushers - 3 sets
    Elliptical - 5mins (cooldown)

just a update. a little over 7 months have passed. still going strong. down over 80lbs, getting stronger and learning alot. finally got out of planet fitness a month ago and now go to a proper gym. ever since my gains have gotten much better. if anyone wants to follow along my progress my instagram name is dubstylee8888

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by bsdesign0000 View Post
    just a update. a little over 7 months have passed. still going strong. down over 80lbs, getting stronger and learning alot. finally got out of planet fitness a month ago and now go to a proper gym. ever since my gains have gotten much better. if anyone wants to follow along my progress my instagram name is dubstylee8888
    Wow, that's the way to apply yourself! Looks like you're putting that knowledge to good use.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

just a quick update. down over 100lbs. gained alot of muscle and cardio. eating is doing good. feeling great

AutistTrigger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AutistTrigger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AutistTrigger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AutistTrigger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AutistTrigger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AutistTrigger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AutistTrigger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AutistTrigger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AutistTrigger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AutistTrigger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AutistTrigger is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Talk to your endocrinologist about a type II diabetes diet. Make sure you are taking your meds as they will help control your A1C and may help you lose weight.

ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by bsdesign0000 View Post
    just a quick update. down over 100lbs. gained alot of muscle and cardio. eating is doing good. feeling great
    Got that new wardrobe yet?
    -Voltaire

Originally Posted by AutistTrigger View Post
    Talk to your endocrinologist about a type II diabetes diet. Make sure you are taking your meds as they will help control your A1C and may help you lose weight.
    I been off all my meds for a little while my bloodwork is perfect now according to my doctor. i lost 100lbs since i started Sept 2018.

Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    Got that new wardrobe yet?
    lol a couple times. from 4xl to 2xl then xl now im getting into lg. havnt been this thin in 25yrs

Originally Posted by Rabbitjb View Post
    Great job

Remember this feeling for the rest of your life

Ensure you are losing weight and planning for maintenance. What can you keep up forever
    yup for sure, i think i got all that under control. i havnt needed to count calories for a while now.

Yeah, this is fantastic, dude. It's the kind of success story we all like to see, and happens all too rarely.
    -Voltaire