eff1995 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Am I plateauing?

hey!

I think I am plateauing and tipps on how to progress in this situation would be very much appreciated.

Long story short: I've gained 6kg (13lbs) one year ago and now want to drop it but could not challenge the number on the scale since one year.

currently I weigh 71kg (156.5 lbs), I'm 170cm (5'7')

I started out with changing my nutrition first, but didn't get any results - so, november until april, I did cardio 3 times a week (running 6km outdoors (3,7 miles)) and I noticed that I got hungrier but was not confident enough to weigh myself.

Since May I measure everything and track it all, my current routine is Natacha Oceane's CUT program - currently, I'm in week 5, I do one hour of plyometrics, upper body, lower body and full body, one day of cardio (cycling) + 20 minute HIIT sessions – I'm not afraid of lifting heavy, I work out as hard as I can. I'm planning on continuing with this program until I reach my goal (either GW (~62kg / ~135lbs or I want to fit in a specific pair of pants of mine (a 90s mom jeans for people with no butt ).

I have lost several inches, my measurements at the moment are:
    waist: 66cm (26 inches)
    chest: 74cm (29 inches)
    hips: 92cm (36 inches)

My weight still is the same (71kg / 156.5 lbs) and I am afraid of gaining more weight. I track my food intake since 60 days (with "Lose it!") and my daily calorie budget is 1.670, I'd say 90% of the time I remain under. I know you should not pay too much attention to the number on the scale but I am so frustrated and ashamed. I really want to at least go beneath 70 kg. I thought about adding more cardio to the routine I am already doing and increasing my proteine intake / starting to track my macros.

What are your thoughts about this? Any other tips?

All the best,
    F

P.S. I'm 22 - no idea why my profile says 48
    Last edited by eff1995; 09-07-2018 at 02:27 PM. Reason: forgot a part of the workout routine AND age

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are You sure you're 70 kg? Your measurements seem to be on the smaller side for that weight.

eff1995 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yes - even heavier on some days (73)

I re-checked and I measured my hips not on the widest point but at the height of the hipbones - so it would be 97cm

PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PattyU is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by eff1995 View Post
    hey!

I think I am plateauing and tipps on how to progress in this situation would be very much appreciated.

Long story short: I've gained 6kg (13lbs) one year ago and now want to drop it but could not challenge the number on the scale since one year.

currently I weigh 71kg (156.5 lbs), I'm 170cm (5'7')

I started out with changing my nutrition first, but didn't get any results - so, november until april, I did cardio 3 times a week (running 6km outdoors (3,7 miles)) and I noticed that I got hungrier but was not confident enough to weigh myself.

Since May I measure everything and track it all, my current routine is Natacha Oceane's CUT program - currently, I'm in week 5, I do one hour of plyometrics, upper body, lower body and full body, one day of cardio (cycling) + 20 minute HIIT sessions – I'm not afraid of lifting heavy, I work out as hard as I can. I'm planning on continuing with this program until I reach my goal (either GW (~62kg / ~135lbs or I want to fit in a specific pair of pants of mine (a 90s mom jeans for people with no butt ).

I have lost several inches, my measurements at the moment are:
    waist: 66cm (26 inches)
    chest: 74cm (29 inches)
    hips: 92cm (36 inches)

My weight still is the same (71kg / 156.5 lbs) and I am afraid of gaining more weight. I track my food intake since 60 days (with "Lose it!") and my daily calorie budget is 1.670, I'd say 90% of the time I remain under. I know you should not pay too much attention to the number on the scale but I am so frustrated and ashamed. I really want to at least go beneath 70 kg. I thought about adding more cardio to the routine I am already doing and increasing my proteine intake / starting to track my macros.

What are your thoughts about this? Any other tips?

All the best,
    F

P.S. I'm 22 - no idea why my profile says 48
    There is so much in your post that doesn’t seem that doesn’t seem like it could be accurate. Either your measurements are off or you weigh less than you say. I agree with spradish that your measurements would be small for you to weigh that amount. Could you scale be way off? I’m 5,7”, weight 125 and have 31” chest (measured just under bust), 26” waist and 36” hip at fullest part. So we are probably close to the same size. A lot of the weight difference may be bone structure. I have very, very small frame for my height. People tend to forget about frame size Or even discount it. But as an outlier in frame size, I think it does make a difference. But I wear a size 4 ring and have 5.25 inch wrists. So almost anyone my height and measurements is going to weigh more than me regardless of muscle and fat ratio. But even so, I weigh less than you, am 27 years older than you, exercise less than you (if you are training hard 6 days a week as your plan prescribes) and eat more than you do. Age, body composition and activity impact metabolism. I don’t think it’s scientifically possible that you would be maintaining that weight at the caloric intake and activity you describe. The only way I could have a faster metabolism is if you are much fatter than me, and even if you have huge bones, I don’t think this is the case if your measurements are accurate. I tried to calculate a scenario where 1600 calories would be maintenance for you. And I can’t unless you are more than 50% fat, which you definitely aren’t if you are that small. No app is accurate unless you are weighing your food etc. so you may be eating much more than 1600.
    Regardless, why do you want to be smaller? I certainly don’t. You are small already regardless of your weight, which means little. Body fat, bone size etc effect your weight. I wear a size 2 in most brands of trousers. A lot of times, they don’t even carry smaller. I’m not that skinny and actually have some good muscles that you can see if they aren’t covvered. But I’m still a small person. And in clothing I can appear skinnier because my frame is so small in comparison to my height. You cannot possibly look big and I’m not sure why you would want a flat butt if that’s what you are saying. Did you just start letting in May? If so, I don’t think you’ve plateaued. Check your scale, weigh your food, and post pics for better advice.
    https://medlineplus.gov/ency/imagepages/17182.htm
    https://tdeecalculator.net/result.ph...1.55&bf=55&f=1
    Last edited by PattyU; 09-08-2018 at 11:47 AM. Reason: To fix non-working link.