Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: plateau..

edemren is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thanks, what bf% would you say i am currently? also as a beginner, is it possible that i'll gain muscle and lose a bit of fat at the same time? if I'm eating at maintenance then i shouldn't gain any fat?

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    you won't gain fat however you may not gain muscle either. Recomps are always going to be questionable as far as results.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by edemren View Post
    thanks, what bf% would you say i am currently? also as a beginner, is it possible that i'll gain muscle and lose a bit of fat at the same time? if I'm eating at maintenance then i shouldn't gain any fat?
    Like I said earlier it will be very slow going this route...but as a beginner you should slowly recomp (i.e. improve your body composition) at least in theory.

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    you won't gain fat however you may not gain muscle either. Recomps are always going to be questionable as far as results.
    Agree. He would probably be better off eating a deficit of 3-400 calories and lifting hard. As a newb he'd have similar results as recomping, just amplified. Question is could he stick to it long enough to work.

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sunsean View Post
    Like I said earlier it will be very slow going this route...but as a beginner you should slowly recomp (i.e. improve your body composition) at least in theory.

Agree. He would probably be better off eating a deficit of 3-400 calories and lifting hard. As a newb he'd have similar results as recomping, just amplified. Question is could he stick to it long enough to work.
    Theory is theory and doesn't equate to real life most of the time. There are just too many factors to consider, especially with a recomp attempt. Agree on the deficit and hard lifting.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

what do you suggest then if my maintenance is 2200?

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    what do you suggest then if my maintenance is 2200?
    Not losing? Eat less and move more.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

no what i meant was what calories to consume on a recoup. I've been eating 1700 and have reached a plateau.. don't think its a good idea to drop cals any lower

no what i meant was what calories to consume on a recoup. I've been eating 1700 and have reached a plateau.. don't think its a good idea to drop cals any lower
    A couple of things.....

First of all you're in a tough position, no muscle and this big gut. Cutting further will help the gut but the rest of the body suffers further. Recomp for someone with limited knowledge and questionable genetics can end badly. The first thing to always do is access the biggest problem first and this is a personal call. Do you hate your gut or lack of muscle the most. Work on the one that is most problematic for you. There is time in the big picture to fix everything so for now concentrate on your priorities. Concentrate hard and follow through.

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Its not as if you have to keep lowering, then you stall, then you have to lower again. The body does not work like that, you never need to adjust. You do need to accurately track calories, most people cannot do that in any way accurately. You are not eating a true 1700 and not losing, that does not happen unless you are literally in a coma, are you in a coma?
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    Its not as if you have to keep lowering, then you stall, then you have to lower again. The body does not work like that, you never need to adjust. You do need to accurately track calories, most people cannot do that in any way accurately. You are not eating a true 1700 and not losing, that does not happen unless you are literally in a coma, are you in a coma?
    Hahaha the coma I hate that!

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

My goal is just to lose the fat! I don’t want to gain lots of muscle (for now) but that will probably change when I’ve lost the gut... so you suggest just staying on 1700 cals even though I’ve stopped progressing over last two months? Would a month or so eating at maintenance help and then return to 1700? Sorry for all the questions but I don’t know anyone who can help and there’s so much conflicting info on the internet!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    My goal is just to lose the fat! I don’t want to gain lots of muscle (for now) but that will probably change when I’ve lost the gut... so you suggest just staying on 1700 cals even though I’ve stopped progressing over last two months? Would a month or so eating at maintenance help and then return to 1700? Sorry for all the questions but I don’t know anyone who can help and there’s so much conflicting info on the internet!
    I thought we settled this on the first page. What is the problem now? Like I said you won't lose fat without looking like a skeleton. If you want to improve your shape, you need *some* muscle.