Chieve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chieve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chieve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chieve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chieve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chieve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chieve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chieve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chieve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chieve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chieve has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

(Rant) Going to the gym with Social Anxiety?

Hello and I have Social Anxiety.

I usually go after 10 because the gym is less busy, or 5 if I can get the motivation to get up and go.

My two problems are, going earlier when it's busy and crowded. I used to pull up my phone and google would usually tell me how busy it is. And usually anything around average is where I have a hard time working out and not feeling anxious. But I need to go during these times because sometimes what ever I have planned for the day gets in the way. There have been many times I walk in and then walked out because I just got too nervous and I just feel like all eyes are on me (which is really easy with where the mirrors and treadmills are) even though I know no one really cares.

The other things wrong with it, if I gain the courage, are I have a hard time sometimes finishing my workout. I may skip one or two things because it's just so busy I feel like I will never get it unless I wait on the side. Plenty of times I would just go on the nearby treadmill and pretend to do cardio while I wait, and waited 10-15 mins because someone else would grab it after. I feel like if I wasn't anxious I could ask the person if I could work out with them and we split it while they are on rest.

The other issue is someone doing something close by, there is a pulley by the pullups, and if someone is doing some workout, specifically one guy who is doing some ab workouts where his legs seem to swing everywhere, I usually avoid it until he's done because I don't want to get in his way.

The other problem is, not related to the time, is I can't follow my workout routine properly. I am doing Fierce 5, and in order to do 5 reps in full resistance, I will need someone to spot me or grab the weights. I feel uncomfortable dropping the weights because I feel like it attracts too much attention as well. But I have no friends so I just lower the resistance to ensure safety and so I don't need to drop the weight...

But again, if I wasn't anxious maybe I could meet people to help me or at least I can ask...but I never see anyone in my gym do that, they just do their own thing so I feel like I'd be attracting too much attention to myself.

So with shiity gains with an inconsistent workout and not really following the workout routine by the book, I feel like I miss out on a lot

There was no place for me to rant...so I thought maybe someone could help me think in a different light...

Sorry and thanks I appreciate you all listening.

Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000) Gringer is just really nice. (+1000)
    A home gym would do you perfect. Have you ever thought about building one for yourself?.

At the gym just try your best to focus on your training and ignore the people around you. I highly doubt they care about you being at the gym. Headphones would work well too. I know it's probably not the advice you want to hear but i really don't know what else to say other than seek some professional help for your SA..
    Personal bests: (1RM'S)

S: 167kg
    B: 101kg
    D: 160kg
    O.H.P: 74kg
    C.U: 33kg