LaserCop1988 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Preparing for a weekend of overindulgence

I'm going on a trip to a festival in early October. I'll be boozed up and overeating from Thursday to Sunday and looking forward to it! That said, how do you all go about preparing (if you do) for such an endeavor? I of course will be enjoying myself and trying not to worry too much about it since I generally do well with sticking to my diet and training, but any tips for minimizing damage during a party weekend?

I will still be in a cut then and was considering lowering my daily calorie intake by a couple hundred for the first half of that week. Not going to be training that Friday unless missing my workout has me so anxious that I end up forcing myself to go pay for a day pass somewhere.

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If you cut your calories by a couple hundred daily that will add up to one decent sized cheeseburger. The point is there is nothing you can do to prepare for it in advance. Eat to the point of being content and you should be ok if it is only a weekend.

LaserCop1988 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    If you cut your calories by a couple hundred daily that will add up to one decent sized cheeseburger. The point is there is nothing you can do to prepare for it in advance. Eat to the point of being content and you should be ok if it is only a weekend.
    I meant to say before and after, but yeah, point taken. Though I'll probably still do it to make up for what I can within reason (and, probably more significantly, the psychological benefit of using it to reassure myself that it won't be a huge setback.) I'm also a highly anxious person haha.

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LaserCop1988 View Post
    IThough I'll probably still do it to make up for what I can within reason
    4 days of all out eating for me would probably be 40000+ calories. So I'd have about 6-7 pounds to lose from that. So 4 weeks of dieting on a moderate difficulty for me.

It's a crap trade off. I'd probably just enjoy the festival and skip the last supper style eating.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    When you've been in a deficit for awhile and overindulge you may not gain fat instead most of the time you'll just put a halt on fatloss for awhile while things catch up. The determining factors are how big and consistent the deficit has been and how big the overindulgence. It usually takes a couple of weeks before you see the net results.

Just go and enjoy yourself and you'll get what you get. Come back from vacay and get back on the horse
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by LaserCop1988 View Post
    I'm going on a trip to a festival in early October. I'll be boozed up and overeating from Thursday to Sunday and looking forward to it! That said, how do you all go about preparing (if you do) for such an endeavor? I of course will be enjoying myself and trying not to worry too much about it since I generally do well with sticking to my diet and training, but any tips for minimizing damage during a party weekend?

I will still be in a cut then and was considering lowering my daily calorie intake by a couple hundred for the first half of that week. Not going to be training that Friday unless missing my workout has me so anxious that I end up forcing myself to go pay for a day pass somewhere.
    Threads like yours make me smh.

Who was moderation?
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Rip vodka soda's to keep the liquid cals lower.