Sprat1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How to go on when everything sucks?

hit
    Last edited by Sprat1; 08-31-2018 at 12:20 PM.

Strength Sports for Life C Project's Avatar
    C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've had my general bouts with anxiety and stress. One of the more difficult things to understand is that it will not go away overnight. Like learning to Deadlift or learning to play a guitar, it takes practice of quelling your anxiety and nervous thoughts.

The first key is understand that no matter how in tune with your mind/body relationship you are, these thoughts will never go away. What becomes easier is you understanding that these thoughts offer nothing of value, they're not important, and you can let them pass, gently and fluidly, through the front of your mind to the back, and out the door.

What I've found helps with this is staying present. Often, I would get anxious about something because I was dwelling on the past or anticipating something that hasn't happened yet. Once this happens, you can acknowledge that you've left the present, take a moment to bring yourself back, and continue enjoying life.

There are two great books that go over this: Happiness and The Practicing Mind.

Happiness, in context of meditation, explains that your mind will begin to wander (leave the present), and it's important to not get frustrated. Gently, like a butterfly landing on a flower petal, bring your thoughts back onto breathing (or your task). The Practicing Mind agrees with this in a different way, simply stating that life is a process, something we are forever practicing. When you acknowledge that you are not present (or off task), you are a coach watching their student, correcting mistakes and assisting with their form.

Making a plan helps, define goals, and create milestones out of those goals. Going back to The Practicing Mind, don't fixate and focus strictly on your goal (as that's staying in the future and not present), but instead, use it as rudder to guide you along the ocean. Your milestones will measure your progress, and as long as you're chipping away and getting closer to your goal, you are a success.

You are in complete control. You are fully capable of reassessing yourself and defining a new goal, or generating a new milestone. Adjust the speed at which you're sailing if you begin to feel overwhelmed.

You're not alone in this, know that many before you have struggled with this. Writing and reading helps for some. Finding a hobby like music, puzzles, or something to get you off the Internet (another anxiety generating mechanism; people, ads, and websites constantly telling you you're not perfect without their products) for a little bit throughout the day.
    Moved Squat, Bench, and Deadlift to Yoke, Log, and Stones.

iamsarvankr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think you need to do reanalysis of our life. Specially spend atleast one hour of time doing introspection of your life and try to find optimism in life.

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I count 3 things I'm grateful for, then do something physical, and call a friend.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Anxiety issues mean you're avoiding something. Look at what you're avoiding and face it, consistently.

For most guys, we start confronting the anxiety when we begin to talk about it. I would guess you need to begin there.

Lucks777 is not very well liked. (-100) Lucks777 is not very well liked. (-100) Lucks777 is not very well liked. (-100) Lucks777 is not very well liked. (-100) Lucks777 is not very well liked. (-100) Lucks777 is not very well liked. (-100) Lucks777 is not very well liked. (-100) Lucks777 is not very well liked. (-100) Lucks777 is not very well liked. (-100) Lucks777 is not very well liked. (-100) Lucks777 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I think the main thing is never give up.