ALTHOR123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Getting back into KETO question??

Hey yall,
    I was very strict with keto for 2 months. Under 20 net carbs a day... Great results and energy levels were really starting to pick up. I went on vacation and unfortunately fell off the wagon. I was eating about 100-200 carbs/day for the past 7 days. I am jumping back into keto and was curious if anybody has done this and had keto flu like symptoms again?? Finally felt like my body was becoming fat adapted and these carbs really made me feel like crap the past few days, not much energy and headaches.

Excited to get back into it.

AL

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ALTHOR123 View Post
    Hey yall,
    I was very strict with keto for 2 months. Under 20 net carbs a day... Great results and energy levels were really starting to pick up. I went on vacation and unfortunately fell off the wagon. I was eating about 100-200 carbs/day for the past 7 days. I am jumping back into keto and was curious if anybody has done this and had keto flu like symptoms again?? Finally felt like my body was becoming fat adapted and these carbs really made me feel like crap the past few days, not much energy and headaches.

Excited to get back into it.

AL
    I think you should be able to just jump right back to keto without much adaptation required considering the short duration you were eating more carbs. I think that is primarily a symptom of the first time doing it, or perhaps if there was a really long time period where you were primarily using carbs as energy.

deedeenyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) deedeenyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) deedeenyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) deedeenyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) deedeenyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) deedeenyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) deedeenyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) deedeenyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) deedeenyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) deedeenyx will become famous soon enough. (+50) deedeenyx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It will take a few days to get back into ketosis. Each time I knock myself out of keto, I go through the keto headaches. Although I have noticed though that after 2 years of almost strict keto it does get easier to reach ketosis. In the beginning it used to take me 5-6 days. Now it takes me 48 hours.

One thing I started to do to go back quicker is to fast on one bulletproof coffee and loads of water (2-3 litres) until about 4-5pm on the day and then eat things like mozzarella cheese and cucumbers. The next day I'm back into mild keto. But this may be because I've been long term ketoer. Try it and let me know if this works for you too. Only one day of the 'bulletproof coffees' partial fast is required for me.
    Less haste, more speed