Page 70 of 177 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 170 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 5296
    health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) health4life24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think college is good if it is required for your chosen profession, but the education system doesn't teach you everything. You've gotta do self-education. Like how to build a business and work for yourself, how to accumulate wealth and obtain financial freedom, creating a lifestyle that you thrive off of, etc.

Too often in this country I think people go to college because that's what they are told to do, get a degree and then either can't get a job or get a job and spend more than half their life chasing the next paycheck and never actually getting ahead, having to spend years paying off all their student debt, and living only to see the weekends because they hate their jobs and what they are doing.

Not everyone, but a good amount of people. It's not good for your psychological or physical health.

Sometimes you gotta work any job just so you can survive I get that, but while you are doing that take action and work towards what it is you really want to do. Whether that's starting your own business or maybe working a certain job that you want to do.

Gotta find your own path.

Some people think you should go to college just for the sake of going to college and having a degree, and college in itself can be a good experience for someone believe me I know... but a degree in itself doesn't mean a whole lot in my opinion. If you're gonna invest thousands and thousands of dollars to go to school, you should definitely have a reason why you are doing it. In other words is it a necessary step for what you are trying to accomplish?

And don't get me wrong I'm not bashing college or anyone who goes to college or saying that everybody should work for themselves, I'm saying people need to look at the bigger picture. Is college going to get you to where you want to go? Is it going to help you break free from the cycle of living paycheck to paycheck, etc.

These are truths we have to face and answer for ourselves. I don't like seeing people miserable all week because they hate what they are doing with their lives. They got themselves thousands of dollars in debt but aren't using the degree or can't get the job that they want...

Just my opinion. Everybody has to find their own path in life.
    - Your mindset influences your outcome. It's time to take out phrases like "I can't" or "I don't have time" and replace them with phrases like "I will make the time" and "I will keep working at it until I find a way that works." Success starts with the right mindset and believing in yourself and your dreams.

Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mgftp View Post
    ...would be completely unobtainable without a degree, a degree opens the door for the majority of mid to high level positions, as much as people hate to admit it.
    Should it though? Tech companies are catching on and hire good devs with no college degree. That said, they do have a github/portfolio to back it up, and get the same interview loop.

Solid degrees from good colleges can be a decent shortcut to figure out if someone is intelligent, reliable or hardworking though, which is why recruiting will mostly pull from those sources.
    𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖘𝖊 𝖆 𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖈𝕶, 𝖓𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖘𝖊 𝖆 𝖇𝖎𝖙𝖈𝖍

mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Luc1fer View Post
    Should it though? Tech companies are catching on and hire good devs with no college degree. That said, they do have a github/portfolio to back it up, and get the same interview loop.

Solid degrees from good colleges can be a decent shortcut to figure out if someone is intelligent, reliable or hardworking though, which is why recruiting will mostly pull from those sources.
    Should it? No. Most people learn little to nothing that is applicable in college. The degree is just a key to open a door. But it's still the way for the majority of mid to high end career paths so I am confused to why people deny that. Yes, there are cases where people can make a good living without and should actually avoid wasting the time and money on college, but that's a minority of careers at this point.

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    I have only come here seeking knowledge
    Things they would not teach me of in college
    I can see the destiny you sold
    Turned into a shining band of gold

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Dammit, I accidentally negged SpermWhale, got tangled up with one of these popup adds. Can somebody help a brother out?

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1591648131

Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    Dammit, I accidentally negged SpermWhale, got tangled up with one of these popup adds. Can somebody help a brother out?

Got him for you man.

buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) buckeyenutz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Got eeem!

Suo x?

^ such a cope statement for the non educated... While I agree experience is more valuable in what someone brings to the table for many positions in many regards the past 3 jobs I have gotten would be completely unobtainable without a degree, a degree opens the door for the majority of mid to high level positions, as much as people hate to admit it. And it's not like the old days where the good old boys network could sneak in their friend without a degree, most high level jobs it's a requirement and HR isn't letting one slip by.

Congrats on getting near the end. I did my MBA while working, took me like 5 years, lol, one of the best feelings in my life when I finished. Fawk education, so torturous for me, rather suck my father's dik than do it again.
    I'm definitely not arguing with this--I was more pointing out the irony of a near-decade old post. Certainly a bit of cope at the time; but, while I still think (like you) that experience is more valuable in a lot of instances, education bolsters experience and opens doors. I also underestimated how much it would actually apply in the real world (I've learned a ton about leadership, strategy and organizational behavior) and what kind of impact it would really have on my career.

I'm working full time too while obtaining the degree, and it's kicked my ass. I suppose I'm witnessing, first hand, meritocracy in business as I've rocket propelled past other 'senior professionals' who have just as much, if not more, experience than me--with promotions, responsibility and compensation packages.

Doors have opened that were previously locked and goals I thought were unobtainable are now within reach--primarily because I have a new perspective, level of understanding and self confidence that I can do these things.

While I might be too late in the game for a C-suite position--a geographic, executive or division VP all feel within reach in the years I have left in the workforce.

When I started this MBA journey (just under two years ago), I was three rungs below a VP position, I'm now one. Theoretically, this should have taken about nine years to achieve at a decent pace (based on my company's historical promotion trends). I'm not trying to understate my performance, as I've worked extremely hard; but, I simply do not believe that the progression rate would have been equal without school.

Again, philosophically, I don't believe a professional graduate degree should hold the keys to corporate command posts; however, it is the world in which we live and if you aspire to achieve certain career goals, you need competitive advantage--right or wrong.

Originally Posted by health4life24 View Post
    I think college is good if it is required for your chosen profession, but the education system doesn't teach you everything. You've gotta do self-education. Like how to build a business and work for yourself, how to accumulate wealth and obtain financial freedom, creating a lifestyle that you thrive off of, etc.

Too often in this country I think people go to college because that's what they are told to do, get a degree and then either can't get a job or get a job and spend more than half their life chasing the next paycheck and never actually getting ahead, having to spend years paying off all their student debt, and living only to see the weekends because they hate their jobs and what they are doing.

Not everyone, but a good amount of people. It's not good for your psychological or physical health.

Sometimes you gotta work any job just so you can survive I get that, but while you are doing that take action and work towards what it is you really want to do. Whether that's starting your own business or maybe working a certain job that you want to do.

Gotta find your own path.

Some people think you should go to college just for the sake of going to college and having a degree, and college in itself can be a good experience for someone believe me I know... but a degree in itself doesn't mean a whole lot in my opinion. If you're gonna invest thousands and thousands of dollars to go to school, you should definitely have a reason why you are doing it. In other words is it a necessary step for what you are trying to accomplish?

And don't get me wrong I'm not bashing college or anyone who goes to college or saying that everybody should work for themselves, I'm saying people need to look at the bigger picture. Is college going to get you to where you want to go? Is it going to help you break free from the cycle of living paycheck to paycheck, etc.

These are truths we have to face and answer for ourselves. I don't like seeing people miserable all week because they hate what they are doing with their lives. They got themselves thousands of dollars in debt but aren't using the degree or can't get the job that they want...

Just my opinion. Everybody has to find their own path in life.
    I think this is a great perspective to have with education. Knowing who you are and what you want to achieve in a career is so important.
    ʙ ᴜ ᴄ ᴋ ᴇ ʏ ᴇ ✭ ɴ ᴀ ᴛ ɪ ᴏ ɴ

Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Luc1fer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Congrats on the MBA buckeye, it sounds like you took the smart and efficient path to the position you want.

That said it isn’t clear to me if you think this is appropriate or “fair”? Do you think you are now better positioned to take that VP role as a result of completing the MBA?

mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by buckeyenutz View Post
    Got eeem!

I'm definitely not arguing with this--I was more pointing out the irony of a near-decade old post. Certainly a bit of cope at the time; but, while I still think (like you) that experience is more valuable in a lot of instances, education bolsters experience and opens doors. I also underestimated how much it would actually apply in the real world (I've learned a ton about leadership, strategy and organizational behavior) and what kind of impact it would really have on my career.

I'm working full time too while obtaining the degree, and it's kicked my ass. I suppose I'm witnessing, first hand, meritocracy in business as I've rocket propelled past other 'senior professionals' who have just as much, if not more, experience than me--with promotions, responsibility and compensation packages.

Doors have opened that were previously locked and goals I thought were unobtainable are now within reach--primarily because I have a new perspective, level of understanding and self confidence that I can do these things.

While I might be too late in the game for a C-suite position--a geographic, executive or division VP all feel within reach in the years I have left in the workforce.

When I started this MBA journey (just under two years ago), I was three rungs below a VP position, I'm now one. Theoretically, this should have taken about nine years to achieve at a decent pace (based on my company's historical promotion trends). I'm not trying to understate my performance, as I've worked extremely hard; but, I simply do not believe that the progression rate would have been equal without school.

Again, philosophically, I don't believe a professional graduate degree should hold the keys to corporate command posts; however, it is the world in which we live and if you aspire to achieve certain career goals, you need competitive advantage--right or wrong.

I think this is a great perspective to have with education. Knowing who you are and what you want to achieve in a career is so important.
    Oh yeah, I get it exactly, the irony of the old post, why I quoted it and called it for the cope it is. I mean look far enough back and there was a time I thought finishing high school was stupid. We grow older and get wiser, hopefully.

Well congratulations again, now time to enjoy life. I will never work as hard as I did while getting that degree, or have such little free time... I hope the same for you.

Oh yeah, I get it exactly, the irony of the old post, why I quoted it and called it for the cope it is. I mean look far enough back and there was a time I thought finishing high school was stupid. We grow older and get wiser, hopefully.

Well congratulations again, now time to enjoy life. I will never work as hard as I did while getting that degree, or have such little free time... I hope the same for you.
    You have an MBA too?

4ea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 4ea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 4ea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 4ea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 4ea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 4ea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 4ea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 4ea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 4ea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 4ea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 4ea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

repped him for you
    Merica

<I.L.H.|C.O.E.>

RIP YGST

Originally Posted by Fang2 View Post
    Got him for you man.
    Originally Posted by buckeyenutz View Post
    Got eeem!
    Originally Posted by 4ea View Post
    repped him for you

Thanks, fellas, much obliged.

4ea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 4ea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 4ea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 4ea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 4ea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 4ea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 4ea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 4ea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 4ea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 4ea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 4ea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    definitely man, you my homie

Merica

<I.L.H.|C.O.E.>

RIP YGST

Done, that thread took so long to load lol

I am confused with this new help me I accidentally negged someone thing, wondering if there is a deeper meaning I am missing.

You have an MBA too?
    Doesn't every white male these days?

Done, that thread took so long to load lol
    Thank you!

I am confused with this new help me I accidentally negged someone thing, wondering if there is a deeper meaning I am missing.
    Been a few years since I accidentally negged someone. Trying to close "Page has stopped working" dialogue box when the buggy, lag inducing ads freeze up, and apparently when neither "add reputation" nor "deduct reputation" are selected, it defaults to a neg. And no, not gonna add ad-blocker extra layer of stuff running in the background, or use the black background, either.

Honestly, I’ve been getting more and more site errors and failures to post. Often, I have to remove some set of characters from my post to submit it, and I have to use trial and error to figure out which series of characters.

Doesn't every white male these days?
    Not me, I’m a poverty bachelorcel

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think having a degree or multiple degrees, is also about personal satisfaction. Not just about what it might do for you. Just my two cents

whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) whatevergirl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Ouch, your neg would hurt! It’s hard to navigate/post using my phone here.

danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) danielmoo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Negged
    Instagram - @mooddani

Thank you!

Been a few years since I accidentally negged someone. Trying to close "Page has stopped working" dialogue box when the buggy, lag inducing ads freeze up, and apparently when neither "add reputation" nor "deduct reputation" are selected, it defaults to a neg. And no, not gonna add ad-blocker extra layer of stuff running in the background, or use the black background, either.
    it helps if you dont put a comment in a rep. thats why i practically never comment when i rep people
    Merica

<I.L.H.|C.O.E.>

RIP YGST

Originally Posted by whatevergirl View Post
    Ouch, your neg would hurt!
    Fortunately the value of a neg is only half the value of a rep. +100 rep would only be a -50 neg.

Merica

<I.L.H.|C.O.E.>

RIP YGST

Fortunately the value of a neg is only half the value of a rep. +100 rep would only be a -50 neg.
    Strong reputation economy knowledge. How you know this?

Strong reputation economy knowledge. How you know this?

Thought everybody knew that.

I don't know how I know this, I just know that it is so.

JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

nerd

But perhaps it's one of those things you think you know but actually isn't true? Have you tested the theory?

But perhaps it's one of those things you think you know but actually isn't true? Have you tested the theory?
    Yes.

Plus there are tons of posts about negs having half the value of reps.

Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz
    Damn. The weekend went fast. On to work again tomorrow

Page 70 of 177 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 170 ... LastLast