Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1482

Thread: Shane's Journal

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Push A
    Shoulders/Triceps
    Weight 232

Banded warm up
    Warm up triceps with light band

BB OHP
    12 x 65
    12 x 95
    9 x 115
    7 x 115

6 point laterals
    12 x 10 x 3

Tricep rope
    12 x 50
    12 x 50
    10 x 50

Arnold Press
    12 x 25
    12 x 25
    12 x 25

Lat Raises/SS face pulls
    20 x 25/20 x green band x 3
    20 x 25

Incline Skull Crushers
    12 x 50 x 3

Reverse Grip tricep press
    10 x blue band three second holds x 3

Time 50:51

That’s it. Went to the pool after work last night, we ordered Mellow Mushroom. Weight bounce as expected.

I also broke my food scale yesterday. New one coming via amazon tomorrow so I am eyeballing serving sizes for a couple days.

Extra cals didn’t really net me any extra strength today. I feel like it has really fell off and I am ready to hit maintenance cals but I still got about 15-20 to drop. Keep grinding.
    IG @ JustShaneinGa

TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Beauty of a session and cheers to another day of weight bounce. You guys with cables are making me really jealous. Hope the MRI reveals something for you man. If the pain has largely subsided I'd be surprised if it is meniscus related as those reportedly never stop hurting until they're fixed. Hopefully it is good news and gets you fixed up.
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb
    Powerlifting: Squat: 315, Bench: 255, Deadlift: 420
    Running: 5K: 22:46, 10K: 49:49, 15K: 1:28:08, 13.1: 2:03:00
    Metcons: Murph: 29:43, Double Murph: 1:12:01, Cindy: 29 Rounds
    IG: trentmas.nc
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7v5c_ToyBkd6_3hP2jl94w
    Galatians 2:20

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thank you Trent. I rigged a cable system up in my rafters in my basement. You could get a cable set up rigged off your power cage too. There are a number of companies that sell them. Spud Inc is one of them. https://www.roguefitness.com/spud-inc-pulley-systems

If it is a tear it is probably something minor that just needs to be scoped and cleaned up a little. I am not getting any catching in my knee so that is good. The pain is always there, some days it is worse than others. The xrays yesterday showed no arthritis so that is good.
    IG @ JustShaneinGa

PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That's a good looking workout you had today Shane. I'm glad you're able to get some cable work in. You'll probably like the flexibility of additional exercises. I copied the Spud design and built my own cable that hangs from my power rack with parts from Home Depot. It really adds some variety which is nice.

I'll be curious to hear what the MRI shows. It sounds like you've got a thorough Ortho which is nice in a situation like that.

Breaking the food scale is a good way to eat as many calories as you want...
    If in doubt, squat and run hills. So you walk into the gym and don't know what to do? Then squat and run hills. Have a miserable day at work and want to break someone's neck but aren't sure who's? Then squat and run hills. - Wendler

My Blog: https://slavinstrength.wordpress.com/
    IG: @greg_slavin

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by shaneinga View Post
    Thank you Trent. I haven't bought it yet but I am on the waiting list to buy it. I can't wait man!
    LOL be careful what you wish for!! Hope to see you with it soon. Rowing is a love/hate relationship for me.

Nice to see you are still battling for your weight loss, and hammering the iron along with it.
    Strength + Cardio + Proprioception = dominance

Originally Posted by PtReyesGreg View Post
    That's a good looking workout you had today Shane. I'm glad you're able to get some cable work in. You'll probably like the flexibility of additional exercises. I copied the Spud design and built my own cable that hangs from my power rack with parts from Home Depot. It really adds some variety which is nice.

I'll be curious to hear what the MRI shows. It sounds like you've got a thorough Ortho which is nice in a situation like that.

Breaking the food scale is a good way to eat as many calories as you want...
    Thank you Greg. I kind of did the same thing with my cable set up and copied some things I found on YouTube. They are pretty easy to make.

I am ready to finally get this knee fixed. I did PT for it awhile back and strengthened muscles around it and added stability doing so but the underlying issue was still there. There is something causing pain and slight instability in the knee joint.

Funny you say that, but I have loosened up the diet this week and the scale has refelecyed it. LoL.
    IG @ JustShaneinGa

Originally Posted by Cantplankwell View Post
    LOL be careful what you wish for!! Hope to see you with it soon. Rowing is a love/hate relationship for me.

Nice to see you are still battling for your weight loss, and hammering the iron along with it.
    I can’t wait man! I hear you on the love hate relationship with the rower. It definitely gets the job done though.
    IG @ JustShaneinGa

Push B Chest Focus
    Weight 232

Bench (slingshot)
    12 x 135
    12 x 165
    12 x 195
    10 x 195

DB Fly
    12 x 35 PWO
    14 x 35
    14 x 35

Incline BP
    10 x 135
    9 x 135
    9 x 135

Incline fly
    12 x 35 PWO
    12 x 35
    12 x 35

Dips

52:50

Decent workout. I am really trying to fix my BP. I have noticed I must be flaring my arms when benching because at times my elbow will hit my safeties on my cage. Not good. Hence the use of the slingshot and also really working on the bend the bar cue. My chest seems to be getting hit harder so I will take this as a win.

Weight continues to rise. Wife brought home peanut butter pie from a local pie shop. I think she is trying to keep me fat. LoL.

Food scale showed up last night so excuses are out the window going forward but it would take a miracle to hit the under 227 goal this week.

Still going to try though.

Went to the ENT yesterday. That was a fun experience. Good thing is there is nothing in my throat that is cancerous. I do have acid reflux though so I have been told I need to cut out caffeine and limit my spicy foods. Should be fun!
    IG @ JustShaneinGa

TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great work on that session Shane! You and Greg are crushing the BP and IB. Couldn't help but laugh at the elbows flaring comment. I guess only those with safeties will know. Nah, I'm sure that I do that once the weight gets heavy. Try shooting a video from behind. Yeah, my wife came home with some peanut butter cookies from Great Harvest. I just told her to hide them...

On the reflux front, you mentioned that you went to the ENT. They usually put the scope up your nose and down the back of your throat. That's good but when it comes to reflux you probably want to go the the gastro and get an endoscopy to make sure you're in the clear. They have to knock you out and your wife will have to drive you home but they will go down to your stomach and see all of your esophagus. I've had three of those to date. They aren't all that bad. You can't eat/drink after midnight and then you wake up and go straight to the gastro, get an IV, they wheel you in, knock you out and then the next thing you know you're in the recovery room. You might be loopy for the rest of the day so just hangout on the couch. The effects of the drug may linger for a few days so I wouldn't plan a lot of huge cardio sessions, but it will go away. (One time I went out and did 800 meter sprints the day after and absolutely hated it ) Probably best to schedule on a Friday and just have a laid back weekend. I'm supposed to have one this year but I never did because of the Covid. In our case, my wife's folks would need to come down and watch our kids but my MIL's job for the last several months is testing people for Covid so we haven't had them over in a while. Sorry for all of the info. If you're fine with the news you got yesterday then great. But if you keep having issues and want to take further action, just file this away and know that some of us have been battling this for years.
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb

Originally Posted by TM79 View Post
    Great work on that session Shane! You and Greg are crushing the BP and IB. Couldn't help but laugh at the elbows flaring comment. I guess only those with safeties will know. Nah, I'm sure that I do that once the weight gets heavy. Try shooting a video from behind. Yeah, my wife came home with some peanut butter cookies from Great Harvest. I just told her to hide them...

On the reflux front, you mentioned that you went to the ENT. They usually put the scope up your nose and down the back of your throat. That's good but when it comes to reflux you probably want to go the the gastro and get an endoscopy to make sure you're in the clear. They have to knock you out and your wife will have to drive you home but they will go down to your stomach and see all of your esophagus. I've had three of those to date. They aren't all that bad. You can't eat/drink after midnight and then you wake up and go straight to the gastro, get an IV, they wheel you in, knock you out and then the next thing you know you're in the recovery room. You might be loopy for the rest of the day so just hangout on the couch. The effects of the drug may linger for a few days so I wouldn't plan a lot of huge cardio sessions, but it will go away. (One time I went out and did 800 meter sprints the day after and absolutely hated it ) Probably best to schedule on a Friday and just have a laid back weekend. I'm supposed to have one this year but I never did because of the Covid. In our case, my wife's folks would need to come down and watch our kids but my MIL's job for the last several months is testing people for Covid so we haven't had them over in a while. Sorry for all of the info. If you're fine with the news you got yesterday then great. But if you keep having issues and want to take further action, just file this away and know that some of us have been battling this for years.
    Thank you Trent and thank you for the detailed insight on your experience.

I did end up with a scope down my nose, that was fun. LoL. I have an appointment to see her again in a month. Basically taking 40MG of Omeprozal at night and then taking 20 MG of Pepcid in the morning. Do that for a month and hopefully that with the combination of dietary changes and I will forgo needing to go see a gastro. Crossing my fingers it doesn't come to that. Yeah I am getting caught up on all of my dr crap that I skipped during covid as well. My insurance is probably wondering WTF I am doing this month. LoL. Hitting that deductible this month, no doubt about that!
    IG @ JustShaneinGa

Thank you Trent and thank you for the detailed insight on your experience.

I did end up with a scope down my nose, that was fun. LoL. I have an appointment to see her again in a month. Basically taking 40MG of Omeprozal at night and then taking 20 MG of Pepcid in the morning. Do that for a month and hopefully that with the combination of dietary changes and I will forgo needing to go see a gastro. Crossing my fingers it doesn't come to that. Yeah I am getting caught up on all of my dr crap that I skipped during covid as well. My insurance is probably wondering WTF I am doing this month. LoL. Hitting that deductible this month, no doubt about that!
    Ha ha, yeah, sorry for all of the info. I take 20 MG of Omeprazole every morning and just about never have reflux. However, it isn't good for you. I've tried to get off of it a few times and each time ended up back on it as reflux is something that I legitimately can't stand to deal with. In the old days I would get it once in a while when I ate some spicy food or drank a boat load of beer. Then, about 8 years ago I hit a point where I was getting it every day, which is what prompted me to take the same actions you have. Still, I don't know that I could ever adjust my diet enough to get off of it and have rare bouts of reflux. It may be a disorder of the esophagus for me. I actually had one gastro tell me that he could install a valve in my esophagus that would only allow things to go down and not up. Yeah, no thanks... Taking a pill seemed to be the better of those two options. Anyway, hopefully it works out. Knowing what I know now, and that you are already a pretty diet-focused guy, I would be reluctant to start taking PPI's and only go that route if you've adjusted your diet and that doesn't work. You don't seem like a heavy drinker and you seem disciplined enough to be OK with making some diet adjustments. I would try that first. Just a recommendation. (and sorry for the possibly unwanted comments and advice )
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb

Ha ha, yeah, sorry for all of the info. I take 20 MG of Omeprazole every morning and just about never have reflux. However, it isn't good for you. I've tried to get off of it a few times and each time ended up back on it as reflux is something that I legitimately can't stand to deal with. In the old days I would get it once in a while when I ate some spicy food or drank a boat load of beer. Then, about 8 years ago I hit a point where I was getting it every day, which is what prompted me to take the same actions you have. Still, I don't know that I could ever adjust my diet enough to get off of it and have rare bouts of reflux. It may be a disorder of the esophagus for me. I actually had one gastro tell me that he could install a valve in my esophagus that would only allow things to go down and not up. Yeah, no thanks... Taking a pill seemed to be the better of those two options. Anyway, hopefully it works out. Knowing what I know now, and that you are already a pretty diet-focused guy, I would be reluctant to start taking PPI's and only go that route if you've adjusted your diet and that doesn't work. You don't seem like a heavy drinker and you seem disciplined enough to be OK with making some diet adjustments. I would try that first. Just a recommendation. (and sorry for the possibly unwanted comments and advice )
    Thank you Trent. Hoping this really is an issue that is short lived. I only had one large coffee yesterday. My symptoms were mostly held back by doing this. I picked up some decaf coffee to help me curb my coffee cravings throughout the day. Had a slight headache yesterday with the lack of caffeine and that is to be expected. I really don't drink. I used to drink a lot but the wife and I both pretty much gave it up. I still have a beer every now and then for football games or if I go out with my friends but that is about it.

I would definitely of chosen the pill over the valve to. That doesn't sound like a good option. LoL.

Mine is odd man. I don't have any heartburn. They called it silent reflux. I am not complaining, I am glad I don't have heartburn but it sure is an odd disorder.
    IG @ JustShaneinGa

Pull B
    Weight 231.2 Boo!

Ab Wheel

RDLs
    12 x 225
    12 x 250
    12 x 250

Lat Pulls Wide
    10 x 105 Pause at bottom
    10 x 105
    10 x 105

Plate Raises
    20 x 35
    20 x 35
    20 x 35

Straight Arm Lat Pulls
    12 x 50
    12 x 50
    12 x 50

Hammer Curls
    12 x 25
    12 x 25
    20 x 25

45:34

Well, this week diet went to sh!t. Time to refocus next week and hit that under 227 goal.

Not sure if we are going to run tomorrow or not.

Working another Saturday here. Not going to complain as I am sure there are a lot of people who would love to be working my hours right now.
    IG @ JustShaneinGa

PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's good to hear you're getting the knee taken care of. Lingering injuries like that just grate on you after a while.

That's interesting about the silent reflux. I don't have anything like that right now (kock on wood) but my Dad did. He'd come over to watch football and I'd cook a lot of BBQ and he'd have a few beers. It'd bother him so bad he'd wind up getting sick a lot of the time. The medication didn't help him and his turned out to be some sort of ulcer in the esophagus. Anyway he got that taken care of and his troubles went away.

Good looking workouts man. I really like your use of the SlingShot to improve your Bench form. I do that too. It reinforces keeping your elbows tucked and for me also bringing the bar down further on my chest/upper stomach. Doing those things reduces my shoulder and pec pain and also has really increased my strength.

Keep on trucking with the diet. Those little back slides are actually good in the long term from what I've heard and experienced. They keep you're body from getting stuck in hunger mode and reducing the metabolism. You'll be below 227 soon.
    If in doubt, squat and run hills. So you walk into the gym and don't know what to do? Then squat and run hills. Have a miserable day at work and want to break someone's neck but aren't sure who's? Then squat and run hills. - Wendler

My Blog: https://slavinstrength.wordpress.com/
    IG: @greg_slavin

Holy 12 rep RDLs Batman! That is a beauty of a session Shane. Great looking combination of movements. Yeah man, you'll bounce back (down) on the calories/weight next week. Sorry to hear that you're working on Saturday, but like you said, if you're working right now and making a good living, you are very fortunate. As stressful of a week as I just had, I'm still so thankful to be busy at work. Stay after it brother!
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb

ArchAngel'73 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ArchAngel'73 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ArchAngel'73 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ArchAngel'73 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ArchAngel'73 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ArchAngel'73 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ArchAngel'73 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ArchAngel'73 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ArchAngel'73 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ArchAngel'73 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ArchAngel'73 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Ex lax and apple cider vinegar, guaranteed 5-8 lb. loss overnight. Throw in 80,000 IU's of Vit D and 20 grams of creatine, that's good for another 5 lbs..
    Sauna with a sweat suit on, that's another 10-15 lbs. right there.
    There's your 20 lbs. (plus) you want gone.
    and we haven't even touched the really good stuff yet.

Fawk dieting, way too time consuming and stressful.

With your BP form problem, if that was me...I'd strip all the weight off and lift the bar and rep that keeping my eyes closed. Hundreds of reps. This way you develop your mind/muscle connection and you can tweak your form on the bench to fit you without risking injury. This is a matter of training both your muscle and your neuro-muscular system.
    When I'd have the form down I'd add weight focusing on form and rep performance. Keep adding weight until you can hit your current lifts, but this time it will be with improved form.
    Demolish the current to build for the future.

I hope your medical issues get worked out with as minimum medical intervention as possible.

Originally Posted by PtReyesGreg View Post
    It's good to hear you're getting the knee taken care of. Lingering injuries like that just grate on you after a while.

That's interesting about the silent reflux. I don't have anything like that right now (kock on wood) but my Dad did. He'd come over to watch football and I'd cook a lot of BBQ and he'd have a few beers. It'd bother him so bad he'd wind up getting sick a lot of the time. The medication didn't help him and his turned out to be some sort of ulcer in the esophagus. Anyway he got that taken care of and his troubles went away.

Good looking workouts man. I really like your use of the SlingShot to improve your Bench form. I do that too. It reinforces keeping your elbows tucked and for me also bringing the bar down further on my chest/upper stomach. Doing those things reduces my shoulder and pec pain and also has really increased my strength.

Keep on trucking with the diet. Those little back slides are actually good in the long term from what I've heard and experienced. They keep you're body from getting stuck in hunger mode and reducing the metabolism. You'll be below 227 soon.
    Thank you Greg. I have been needing to take care of this left knee for a long time. So I am excited to get some answers this week, one way or another.

Yeah the silent reflux is weird man. I have had heart burn in the past, not chronic but every now and then I would have it if I drank to much and ate to many hot wings, but nothing like this. When you think acid reflux you think heartburn. At least I did. This is completely different as I don't have any heartburn. Glad that I don't btw!

My BP form I think has always sucked. Long arms and using gym benches and never really learning how to bench. Going to take some beating it out of me to get it right but I think I am on the right track. If I get it corrected maybe I can finally build some strength on the BP when I start eating again. LoL.

Yeah I needed a diet break. It wasn't planned so not happy about that but I am not going to beat myself up about it either. Back on track this week.
    IG @ JustShaneinGa

Holy 12 rep RDLs Batman! That is a beauty of a session Shane. Great looking combination of movements. Yeah man, you'll bounce back (down) on the calories/weight next week. Sorry to hear that you're working on Saturday, but like you said, if you're working right now and making a good living, you are very fortunate. As stressful of a week as I just had, I'm still so thankful to be busy at work. Stay after it brother!
    Haha. Thank you Trent. I liked that pull day a lot as well. Yeah diet will be back in check this week, that is for sure.

Very blessed to be this busy!
    IG @ JustShaneinGa

Originally Posted by ArchAngel'73 View Post
    Ex lax and apple cider vinegar, guaranteed 5-8 lb. loss overnight. Throw in 80,000 IU's of Vit D and 20 grams of creatine, that's good for another 5 lbs..
    Sauna with a sweat suit on, that's another 10-15 lbs. right there.
    There's your 20 lbs. (plus) you want gone.
    and we haven't even touched the really good stuff yet.

Fawk dieting, way too time consuming and stressful.

With your BP form problem, if that was me...I'd strip all the weight off and lift the bar and rep that keeping my eyes closed. Hundreds of reps. This way you develop your mind/muscle connection and you can tweak your form on the bench to fit you without risking injury. This is a matter of training both your muscle and your neuro-muscular system.
    When I'd have the form down I'd add weight focusing on form and rep performance. Keep adding weight until you can hit your current lifts, but this time it will be with improved form.
    Demolish the current to build for the future.

I hope your medical issues get worked out with as minimum medical intervention as possible.
    Haha. I will remember those tricks the week of the beach. Go for the old toilet shred!

I am planning on doing much of what you are suggesting on BP and agree that I have to get my motor patterns fixed. It is going to take a bunch of reps to get there as I have done a ton of reps wrong. I found a really good video from Alan Thrall on BP bar path. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKhI-O4HI8M&t=350s

I plan to try this going forward. It covers the bar path really well and should get me where I need to be.

As to the medical crap, so do I. If the knee needs scoping I plan to do it hopefully some time in November.
    IG @ JustShaneinGa

Pull A
    Weight 233.8

Deads
    TM 375
    5 x 190
    3 x 225
    5 x 285
    3 x 320
    1 + 360(5)

Underhand Lat rows pause
    12 x 105
    12 x 115
    9 x 115

Meadow BB Shrugs
    12 x 250
    11 x 250
    13 x 250
    Bump

BB Rows
    12 x 135
    10 x 170
    10 x 170

BB Curls
    12 x 55
    10 x 85
    8 x 85

51:16

Decent workout today.

Finished off my week of eating with bagels and some ice cream.

Anyway, back to it this week. Playing with some programming this week. I think I am going to set my week up with some 531 days and some higher volume days. OHP and BP will be volume, deads will be 531, squats I might move back to 531 with some BBB sets to get some volume. Regardless it is going to be light.

I have my MRI on Wednesday.
    IG @ JustShaneinGa

Great looking session this morning Shane. Crushed those deads and the rest looks good too. I hope that the MRI goes well buddy. Have a great day!
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb

Great looking session this morning Shane. Crushed those deads and the rest looks good too. I hope that the MRI goes well buddy. Have a great day!
    Thank you Trent. I am hoping it goes well also. Same to you!
    IG @ JustShaneinGa

Press/Shoulders/Triceps
    Weight 233.2

Banded warm up
    Warm up triceps and shoulders with red band band

BB OHP
    12 x 65
    12 x 95
    8 x 115
    8 x 115

6 point laterals
    12 x 10 x 3

Tricep rope
    12 x 50
    12 x 50
    12 x 50

Thruster
    12 x 25
    12 x 25
    12 x 25

Lat Raises/SS face pulls
    14 x 25/green band x 20
    16 x 25/16
    16 x 25/16
    16 x 25/20

Incline Skull Crushers PWO
    10 x 60
    11 x 60
    12 x 60

Reverse Grip tricep press
    10 x blue band three second holds x 3

Time 51:36

Decent workout. I was expecting to gain a rep on OHP with the added weight gain this week but alas, it was not there today. I am planning to Deload next week.
    IG @ JustShaneinGa

Wednesday Metcon
    Weight 232.4

5 Rounds
    Echo Bike Intervals
    20 x 55lb slam ball
    25 air squats
    Time 36:40
    Cals 493

That’s it. Dripping sweat after that one. That’s a keeper for a garage metcon.

Went to the pool last night and we picked up pizza again. This time I only ate 2.5 pieces.

Going for an MRI in 2 hour on the knee. Air squats didn’t bother it to bad today so it’s not that bad off.
    IG @ JustShaneinGa

Good looking last two sessions Shane! Solid work on that OHP either way. And loving the metcon action, of course. That one looks good man. You're making me want to get a bike so badly... I need to try one again before purchasing though as the last time I used one it aggravated my bad foot. I'd like to get a real bike but don't have nearly enough faith in the drivers around here... Hope you enjoyed that pizza as much as I enjoyed the pasta and garlic knots last night. (Bounce with me, bounce with me... ) Good luck on the MRI brother. Hopefully you'll know what's causing your issues in the coming days.
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb

Good looking last two sessions Shane! Solid work on that OHP either way. And loving the metcon action, of course. That one looks good man. You're making me want to get a bike so badly... I need to try one again before purchasing though as the last time I used one it aggravated my bad foot. I'd like to get a real bike but don't have nearly enough faith in the drivers around here... Hope you enjoyed that pizza as much as I enjoyed the pasta and garlic knots last night. (Bounce with me, bounce with me... ) Good luck on the MRI brother. Hopefully you'll know what's causing your issues in the coming days.
    Thank you Trent. I am trying man! That metcon brought the sweat! Mission accomplished there.

We have some good trails to ride around here where I really don’t encounter many cars. I mostly have to dodge people walking dogs. LoL. We also have some dedicated mountain biking trails but I haven’t messed with any of those yet.

Pizza was great! One of the few things I will break my diet for.

MRI is done, now I wait to hear from the Dr.
    IG @ JustShaneinGa

Thursday/BP Chest/Back
    Weight 230.8

Bench Form work
    10 x 135
    10 x 135
    10 x 135 (found it)
    10 x 135
    10 x 135
    10 x 135
    10 x 135
    10 x 135
    10 x 135
    10 x 135
    100 reps

Lat Pulls
    12 x 95 Pauses
    12 x 95
    12 x 95

DB Fly
    12 x 35 PWO
    14 x 35
    14 x 35

Incline DB Press
    15 x 35 PWO
    20 x 35
    17 x 35

55:34

Bench form felt good. Chest got hit hard. I took a video of my bench and found the spot on my chest that the bar needs to hit. This was definitely a hypertrophy session. I think I am going to run 531 BBB on my BP. That will give me the benefit of both heavy and 10 rep sets to help reinforce form and hypertrophy.
    IG @ JustShaneinGa

ArchAngel'73 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ArchAngel'73 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ArchAngel'73 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ArchAngel'73 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ArchAngel'73 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ArchAngel'73 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ArchAngel'73 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ArchAngel'73 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ArchAngel'73 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ArchAngel'73 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ArchAngel'73 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I think I am going to run 531 BBB on my BP. That will give me the benefit of both heavy and 10 rep sets to help reinforce form and hypertrophy.
    That's a good plan.

Nice blitz on chest day and kudos for this MetCon stuff, looks effective but it also looks like hard work.
    I'm a recovering ice cream addict and imo there is nothing better than pizza AND ice cream, but that is reserved for leg days.

Originally Posted by ArchAngel'73 View Post
    That's a good plan.

Nice blitz on chest day and kudos for this MetCon stuff, looks effective but it also looks like hard work.
    I'm a recovering ice cream addict and imo there is nothing better than pizza AND ice cream, but that is reserved for leg days.

Thanks. Yeah 531 with the BBB option has worked well in the past for me. The metcons do suck but they are good at getting you sweaty. I try to keep mine lower impact so this one was a winner.

I hear you on ice cream. I always try to leave room in my weekly cals to go out and get ice cream with the fam.
    IG @ JustShaneinGa

The temperature is so nice down here that I decided to steal a page out of Trent's book and hit some lunch time cardio.

Bike Ride
    10.65 miles
    Moving time 46:16
    Cals 663

Nice to pull the bike out and get a ride in. This is the first ride of the year. With the weather changing and cooler temps in coming I plan to get a lot more of these rides in. I forgot how much I missed it.
    IG @ JustShaneinGa