Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Shane's Journal

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by shaneinga View Post

Sunday. 5K. Not sure on time. My app spazzed on me.
    Did not realize that you are a runner, good show...thats some solid cardio right there!!
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TM79 View Post
    Good work the last two sessions Shane. Those drop sets on Incline DB Bench look brutal. And I like the old, "my app screwed up but I think I did a world record pace" trick on the 5K. Good looking pull session as well. I was laughing at the "sauna" time too. #airconditionedgymproblems Nah, that would be great to have on hand in the winter time for me. I swear I feel like garbage for a week or two when it turns cold in the garage and I go from sweating like a maniac to barely sweating at all.
    Thanks Trent. The drop sets are definitely some of the toughest part of this workout. Yeah, IDK what is up with my devices. My fitbit won't accurately track when I vary my pace and my Under Armour shoes can't track a circle track. So I purchased a garmin watch. Loving the sauna man, and it sounds like your garage is set up to be close to one in the heat.

Originally Posted by PtReyesGreg View Post
    Good looking workouts recently Shane. It looks like you're firing on all cylinders lately.

I'm jealous of the sauna...I miss having regular access to those. Something about that intense dry heat feels so good after a workout.
    Thanks Greg. I am feeling good. Saunas are awesome. I am going to link a podcast at the bottom of this reply to a Rogan and Patrick convo about it.

Originally Posted by Cantplankwell View Post
    Did not realize that you are a runner, good show...thats some solid cardio right there!!
    Thanks CPW. I just started "running" 3 months ago. I am still very slow but running definitely keeps me more athletic than not doing it.

Sauna Vid
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NChyDtupmkk

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tuesday

Weight 234
    (Naval Measurement 38.0) Under half my height so that is good.
    Goal. 36
    Push 1

High Bar Squats
    6 x 95
    6 x 135
    6 x 165
    6 x 185 Knee bothering me so I stopped. Idk what is going on. I feel like I am twisting at the bottom of my squat. Knee pain is on the inside, side of my leg. I am squatting in my soft bottomed running shoes so I am going to try bare foot next week and see if that helps.

DB Flat BP
    6 x 60
    6 x 70
    6 x 80
    6 x 80
    Drop
    8 x 60
    10 x 50
    Tough sets

Lat Raises
    6 x 25
    6 x 30
    6 x 35
    6 x 35
    Drop Sets
    8 x 25
    10 x 20

Lying DB Tricep Extensions
    6 x 25
    6 x 30
    6 x 30
    MTOR
    6 x 30
    6 x 30

Sauna 10 minutes.

That is it.

Wednesday
    Weight 231

Pull 2

Lying Hamstring Curls
    6 x 95
    6 x 110
    6 x 125
    6 x 125
    Rest Pause
    5 x 125
    4 x 125

Chest Supported DB Rows
    6 x 50
    6 x 60
    6 x 70
    6 x 70
    Rest Pause
    4 x 70
    4 x 70

Preachers With EZ Curl bar
    6 x 40
    6 x 50
    MTOR
    6 x 60
    6 x 60

Straight Arm Lat Pulls
    6 x 55
    6 x 65
    6 x 70
    MTOR
    6 x 70
    Swapping this out for a standard Lat Pull next time.

Had a lot happen yesterday. 1st I went to the chiropractor. A new chiropractor. I really like this practice. They took X Rays, had me stand on 2 scales at once, a foot on each to see my bodies balance and how I carry weight. I carry 10 extra pounds on my right leg. Makes since with old motorcycle injuries to my left leg. I also have a hip misalignment that is causing a little nerve issue. My kneecaps were off center but left knee cap was way off to the side of my knee hence the reason it was killing my knee to squat.

Lots to fix and I go back on Tuesday to go over all the findings and come up with an action plan.

She told me my workouts on my legs I should be focusing on my inner quads as my outer quads are overpowering and causing them to pull my knee caps to the outside off my knee. Makes sense when I think about how I squat.

Going to add in some sumo deads and lateral lunges in somewhere a long with plenty of leg extensions.

I will probably shelf squats for awhile until I get this imbalance fixed, though after she reset my knee cap I really want to squat because my knees feel awesome today.

We will see if I can stay patient.

I also picked up a bike to ride. More cardio stuff and this one should be really fun.
    Last edited by shaneinga; 09-05-2018 at 11:57 AM.

PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Damn man lots of stuff happening in here. That's awesome about the findings at the chiropractor Shane. I always love something like that...when you find out reasons for the various pains you've been feeling, and can actually come up with a plan to fix it. It sounds like she found lots of things to help you with so that's great.

I'm interested to follow along and see how the sumos work for you. I'm actually incorporating them now too with my new workout. At one point they were the only kind of Deads that I did...my back and hips seemed to really like them.

Congrats on the new bike too. I saw the pic on IG and it looks like a sweet ride.

Also, I enjoyed that video on YouTube you posted. I've got to find a way to get regular access to a sauna.
    If in doubt, squat and run hills. So you walk into the gym and don't know what to do? Then squat and run hills. Have a miserable day at work and want to break someone's neck but aren't sure who's? Then squat and run hills. - Wendler

ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
    My Blog: https://slavinstrength.wordpress.com/
    IG: @greg_slavin

Damn man lots of stuff happening in here. That's awesome about the findings at the chiropractor Shane. I always love something like that...when you find out reasons for the various pains you've been feeling, and can actually come up with a plan to fix it. It sounds like she found lots of things to help you with so that's great.

I'm interested to follow along and see how the sumos work for you. I'm actually incorporating them now too with my new workout. At one point they were the only kind of Deads that I did...my back and hips seemed to really like them.

Congrats on the new bike too. I saw the pic on IG and it looks like a sweet ride.

Also, I enjoyed that video on YouTube you posted. I've got to find a way to get regular access to a sauna.
    Thanks Greg. We will see how it all works out. Hopefully I can get some relief. I am really thinking about doing some Yoga as well to get me more flexible as my flexibility is garbage.

Sumos will be kept light. I remember doing them back when Chris had me doing them and I remember not liking them but also remembering that they hit in a lot different way than the standard dead lift does.

Bike is sweet. Feels really funny to be riding again though.

Thursday
    Weight 231
    Push 2

Leg Extensions
    6 x 125
    6 x 140
    6 x 170
    6 x 185
    6 x 185
    Drop Sets
    8 x 155
    10 x 125

Pec Deck
    6 x 120
    6 x 150
    MTOR
    6 x 185
    6 x 185
    Ouch

Dips
    Rest Pause

That is it. Done in 35 minutes.

15 minutes in the sauna.

PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks Greg. We will see how it all works out. Hopefully I can get some relief. I am really thinking about doing some Yoga as well to get me more flexible as my flexibility is garbage.

Sumos will be kept light. I remember doing them back when Chris had me doing them and I remember not liking them but also remembering that they hit in a lot different way than the standard dead lift does.

Bike is sweet. Feels really funny to be riding again though.
    Fwiw Shane, when I did it consistently yoga made a huge difference for me. I've never felt as healthy and loose as I did then. The problem for me is making the time to do it on a regular basis. I really need to do that now, to help with my hips and shoulders. I'll be curious to see what it does for you.
    If in doubt, squat and run hills. So you walk into the gym and don't know what to do? Then squat and run hills. Have a miserable day at work and want to break someone's neck but aren't sure who's? Then squat and run hills. - Wendler

Fwiw Shane, when I did it consistently yoga made a huge difference for me. I've never felt as healthy and loose as I did then. The problem for me is making the time to do it on a regular basis. I really need to do that now, to help with my hips and shoulders. I'll be curious to see what it does for you.
    Thanks Greg. I think you nailed it. Finding time to do it on a regular basis is the toughest part. Anyway, I found a guy on youtube who has 15 minute routines. I will probably give it a go 3 times a week at night before bed next week.

Friday
    Weight 230
    Pull 3

Sumo Deads
    6 x 135
    6 x 165
    6 x 185
    6 x 225
    6 x 225
    Just feeling these out. They really don't hit the inner sweep on my quads but they do hit the hamstrings really well.

Hypers
    6 x BW
    6 x 45
    6 x 65
    6 x 100
    MTOR
    6 x 100

Supinated Lat pulls
    6 x 105
    6 x 135
    6 x 165
    6 x 165
    Drop Set
    8 x 135
    10 x 105

Hammer Curls
    6 x 25
    6 x 35
    6 x 45
    6 x 45
    Drop
    8 x 30
    10 x 20

Low Cable Rows
    6 x 135
    6 x 150
    6 x 165
    MTOR
    6 x 165

That is it. Going to keep the Sumos on this day and drop the extra shrugs.

Progress Photo from today at 230.

Going to drop another 15 pounds I think and settle in at 215ish.

Last edited by shaneinga; 09-07-2018 at 12:24 PM.

Great looking workout there Shane. Way to go testing the waters with Sumo. They sure do hit the hammies...mine were sore all day.

You look great in that pic man...super cut. Makes me wish I had a 6 pack like that instead of this keg.

Great looking workout there Shane. Way to go testing the waters with Sumo. They sure do hit the hammies...mine were sore all day.

You look great in that pic man...super cut. Makes me wish I had a 6 pack like that instead of this keg.
    Thanks Greg. Getting a six pack and doing deadlift competitions are typically not thought of as going in the same direction. You will need your strength and foods to do well there. Once you decide to dial in your diet your keg will disappear easily I am sure.

Saturday work out was an at home workout.

Weight 228
    Push 3

Decline Push ups AMRAP for 4 sets

Lat Raises with Yellow Band
    10 and 5 MTOR reps x 2

Bench Dips

KB Goblet Squats to Air Squats
    6 x 50, 15
    6 x 50, 15
    6 x 50, 15
    6 x 50, 15

10 Miles on the EcoBIke at 28:30

Sunday
    Morning 5K

First 1.3 Miles at 9:35 Pace I had a stomach cramp. Walked it off for a lap and then went back to it.
    2 miles at 9:57 pace. Still dealing with some cramping but got it done.

Ecobike 5 miles.

That was it for the weekend.

Falcons looked like garbage. UGA looked solid. Braves picked up the series win in Arizona with a hell of a 9th inning. 2 out of 3 isn't bad.

Monday
    Weight 231
    Ate some carbs yesterday. Was up in the 80 carbs range. Should come off quickly.

Pull 1
    RDLs
    6 x 155
    6 x 205
    6 x 245
    6 x 245
    Rest Pause
    5 x 245
    5 x 245
    Grip was limiting here. Which is crap to say, but the use of straps has really hurt my grip and I threw away my versas because of the funk.

Assisted Pull ups
    6 x 180
    6 x 150
    6 x 120
    7 x 120
    Drop Set
    4 x 120
    4 x 120

Rear Delt Machine Fly
    6 x 90
    6 x 120
    6 x 150
    6 x 150
    Drop
    8 x 120
    10 x 90
    Better form this week

EZ Curls
    6 x 40
    6 x 50
    DB's as someone walked off with the 60 and 70 ez curl
    6 x 35
    6 x 35
    Drop EZ Curl bars
    8 x 50
    10 x 40

Sauna 12 minutes.

That is it. Last week before I head out to the beach on Saturday. Hoping to hit maybe 226 by Saturday. I will miss my mark by 10 pounds, but honestly I really am not that upset about it. I feel like the way I am eating now is much more sustainable and easy to lose and maintain with. So I will be good when I get back to drop those final pounds and maintain once I get there.

TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sorry for my slackness in here Shane. It looks like you are not letting your foot off the gas. Some good looking sessions lately and I'm really digging the combinations of movements. Way to go on those decline push-ups the other day! Went nice and heavy on the RDLs too. Looking ripped in your progress photo too. Heading down to the beach this weekend? Man, I hope there is some beach left to go to. Nah, you guys should be fine but this storm is going to wreck the Carolina coast. Shoot, we're leaving our house in Raleigh tomorrow and heading to the mountains. They are calling for almost category 1 winds here and I'm just hoping I don't come home to trees laying all over the house...
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb
    Powerlifting: Squat: 315, Bench: 255, Deadlift: 420
    Running: 5K: 22:46, 10K: 49:49, 15K: 1:28:08, 13.1: 2:03:00
    Metcons: Murph: 29:43, Double Murph: 1:12:01, Cindy: 29 Rounds
    IG: trentmas.nc
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7v5c_ToyBkd6_3hP2jl94w
    Galatians 2:20

Monday
    Weight 231
    Ate some carbs yesterday. Was up in the 80 carbs range. Should come off quickly.

That is it. Last week before I head out to the beach on Saturday. Hoping to hit maybe 226 by Saturday. I will miss my mark by 10 pounds, but honestly I really am not that upset about it. I feel like the way I am eating now is much more sustainable and easy to lose and maintain with. So I will be good when I get back to drop those final pounds and maintain once I get there.
    Great looking workout Shane. Way to get in there and rebuild your grip on the RDLs. It should build up pretty quickly.

Good outlook on the diet too man. I like the fact that you find it easy to lose and more sustainable. I've been eating pretty low carb for the last several months and I love the way my body responds to it as well. Every once in a while I slip and have a high carb day, but I feel so much better when I go low carb that it is easy to get back on track.

Great looking workout Shane. Way to get in there and rebuild your grip on the RDLs. It should build up pretty quickly.

Good outlook on the diet too man. I like the fact that you find it easy to lose and more sustainable. I've been eating pretty low carb for the last several months and I love the way my body responds to it as well. Every once in a while I slip and have a high carb day, but I feel so much better when I go low carb that it is easy to get back on track.
    Thanks Greg. Low carb is such an easy way to diet. It almost feels like cheating.

Tuesday
    Weight 230

Push 1

Nautilus Plate Loaded BP
    6 x 1PPS
    6 x 1.25PPS
    6 x 2PPS
    10 x 2PPS
    Rest Pause

Lat Raises
    6 x 25
    6 x 30
    6 x 35
    6 x 35
    Drop Set
    8 x 30
    10 x 25

Pec Deck
    6 x 135
    6 x 150
    6 x 165
    6 x 165
    Drop Set
    8 x 150
    10 x 135

Incline Push ups AMRAP x 4 sets

No legs today. Yesterday I stepped off a curb wrong and really did something funky to my knee again. Fawk does that sound like an old guy problem or what.

Went to the chiro again today. Got a massage and he did cupping on my back to loosen up my muscles in my back. I have an adjustment and a plan going forward. Chiro said my knee cap shifted again and that was probably where a lot of the pain was coming from. I am not so sure but it does feel a little better right now.

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

No legs today. Yesterday I stepped off a curb wrong and really did something funky to my knee again. Fawk does that sound like an old guy problem or what.

Wait till that happens getting up off the sofa!! !

Originally Posted by Cantplankwell View Post
    Wait till that happens getting up off the sofa!! !
    LoL. I am not far from it!!

Wednesday
    Weight 229

Pull 2

Incline DB Rows
    6 x 50
    6 x 60
    6 x 70
    6 x 70
    Drop Set
    4 x 70
    4 x 70

Nautilus X Pload Lat Pulls. This machine is a plate loaded iso lateral lat pull. I really like it.
    6 x 70PS
    6 x 80 PS
    6 x 100 PS
    10 x 100 PS AMRAP Set
    Rest Pause
    6 x 100
    6 x 100

DB Shrugs
    6 x 65
    6 x 75
    6 x 85
    16 x 85 AMRAP Set
    Rest Pause
    10 x 85
    8 x 85

Preacher curls done with a plate loadable ez curl bar. IDK how much it weighs.
    6 x 20 Plate weight only
    6 x 40
    6 x 40
    8 x 40
    Rest Pause
    4 x 40
    4 x 40

Sauna 15 minutes.

That is it. With the sauna in and out in an hour flat. Happy hump day.

Great looking back and trap workout Shane. My traps are sore reading about that 16 rep AMRAP set...nice job man.

Great looking back and trap workout Shane. My traps are sore reading about that 16 rep AMRAP set...nice job man.
    Thanks Greg.

Thursday
    Weight 228

Push 2
    Hammer Strength Plate Loaded ISO shoulder press
    6 x 45 Per side
    6 x 70
    6 x 90
    6 x 90
    Drop Set
    4 x 90
    4 x 90

Cable Fly
    6 x 15 Per side
    6 x 20
    6 x 25
    10 x 25
    Drop Set
    8 x 20
    10 x 15

Dips
    Rest Pause

Ab Crunch Machine
    15 x 110 x 3
    12 x 110
    10 x 110 x 2

Cable Chest Press
    6 x 80
    6 x 100
    6 x 120
    5 x 120
    Drop Set
    5 x 90
    7 x 70

That is it. Again no legs. Hoping resting this week and then a weeks vacation will have my knee feeling good enough to load it again with some leg work.

One more workout and then headed to the beach.

Friday.
    Weight 227

Pull 3

Supinated Lat Pulls
    6 x 105
    6 x 135
    6 x 165
    6 x 165
    Drop Set
    8 x 135
    10 x 105

Hammer Curls
    6 x 25
    6 x 30
    2 x 35 Biceps are barking.
    6 x 25
    6 x 25
    Rope Hammers all DB in use for drop set
    6 x 35
    6 x 35
    Drop
    8 x 30
    10 x 25

Low Cable Rows
    6 x 120
    6 x 135
    6 x 150
    6 x 150
    Drop
    8 x 135
    10 x 120

Hypers
    6 x BW
    6 x 25
    6 x 45
    MTOR
    6 x 45
    6 x 45

Face Pulls
    20 x 32.5 x 4

That is it. Won't be back around here until the 24th.

TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000) TM79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've been seeing the vacation pics on IG. Looks gorgeous where you are. I've been in FL all week too, only on the east coast. I'm trying to fly home right now but my flights keep getting screwed so back to the airport bar I go... Enjoy the rest of your trip and look forward to seeing you get back to it after you're home.
    All-Time PR's and Info:
    M, 5'10", 175 lb
    Powerlifting: Squat: 315, Bench: 255, Deadlift: 420
    Running: 5K: 22:46, 10K: 49:49, 15K: 1:28:08, 13.1: 2:03:00
    Metcons: Murph: 29:43, Double Murph: 1:12:01, Cindy: 29 Rounds
    IG: trentmas.nc
    Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7v5c_ToyBkd6_3hP2jl94w
    Galatians 2:20

Originally Posted by TM79 View Post
    I've been seeing the vacation pics on IG. Looks gorgeous where you are. I've been in FL all week too, only on the east coast. I'm trying to fly home right now but my flights keep getting screwed so back to the airport bar I go... Enjoy the rest of your trip and look forward to seeing you get back to it after you're home.
    Thanks Trent. Vacation was great but they are never long enough. Good to see you made it relatively unscathed by the hurricane.

Monday
    Push 1
    Weight 234

DB Flat BP
    6 x 50
    6 x 60
    6 x 70
    6 x 80
    9 x 80
    Rest Pause
    4 x 80
    4 x 80

Lateral Lunges SS Air Squats
    6 x BW x 4/ 10 x BW x 4

Lat Raises
    6 x 25
    6 x 30
    6 x 35
    6 x 35
    Drop Set
    8 x 30
    10 x 25

Tricep Ropes
    6 x 42.5
    6 x 52.5
    MTOR
    6 x 62.5
    6 x 62.5

Sauna 12 Minutes.

Back from vacation. It was beautiful down there. We had a red tide scare the first day but by day 2 it moved out. Panama City, which is 15 miles from where we were, did not fair so well so we we lucky.

First day back and only 7 pounds difference then when I left. I will take that as a win considering I went off lchf diet and went back to a standard american diet with lots of carbs. I weighed in at 249 when I got home on Saturday night after eating some Chikfila and finishing off donuts and other foods that wouldn't travel well. Crazy how much weight my body can gain and shed in 24 hours.

Awesome to see you back getting after it after your vacation. That is some big-time weight loss between Saturday night and today. It's amazing how those carbs can lead to so much water retention and weight gain.

Nice work on the weight loss.

When I was leaning out a couple of months back I avoided weighing myself on many mondays it was crazy some of the fluctuations. The happy scale app smoothed the trend out though.

What were your stats in your avi picture? How was that diet campaign and how long did it take?