Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I want to stop investing in my 401k, what should I shift that monthly money to?

Wanting to stop investing in my 401k and put it(the monthly amount) somewhere else for my retirement, mid risk. I also buy discounted stock with my current employer(5%) and will continue to.

Metals, etc.? Something I can keep away from paying investors to invest in it, app like Robin Hood? 36yo, looking at normal retirement age, 65-67.
    *Smell Good Crew
    *MAGA Minority Crew
    *AR/Gun Crew

scare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) scare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    if you even have to ask that question, you probably should keep on investing in the 401(k)

Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Grinners is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you don't want to pay investors to invest for you, look into Vanguard:

What makes Vanguard so special?

When Jack Bogle founded Vanguard in 1975 he did so with a structure that remains unique in the investment world: Vanguard is client-owned and it is operated at-cost.

Sounds good, but what does it actually mean?

As an investor in Vanguard Funds, your interest and that of Vanguard are precisely the same. The reason is simple. The Vanguard Funds, and by extension the investors in those funds, are the owners of Vanguard.

By way of contrast, every other investment company has two masters to serve: The company owners and the investors in their funds. The needs of each are not always, or even commonly, aligned.

To understand the difference, let’s look at how other investment companies (most companies in fact) are structured. Basically, there are two options:

1. They can be owned privately, as in a family business. Fidelity Investments is an example.

2. They can be publicly traded and owned by shareholders. T. Rowe Price is an example.

In both cases the owners understandably expect a return on their investment. This return comes from the profits each company generates in operating its individual mutual funds. The profits are what’s left over after the costs of operating the funds are accounted for — things like salaries, rent, supplies and the like.

Serving the shareholders in their funds is simply a means to generate this revenue to pay the bills and create the profit that pays the owners. This revenue comes from the operating fees charged to shareholders in each of their individual funds.

When you own a mutual fund thru Fidelity or Price or any investment company other than Vanguard, you are paying for both the operational costs of your fund and for a profit that goes to the owners of your fund company.

If I am an owner of Fidelity or Price I want the fees, and resulting profits, to be as large as possible. If I am a shareholder in one of their funds, I want those fees to be as modest as possible. Guess what? The fees are set as high as possible.

Now to be clear, there is nothing inherently wrong with this model. In fact it is the way most companies operate.

When you buy an iPhone built into the price are all the costs of designing, manufacturing, shipping and retailing that phone to you. Along with a profit for the shareholders of Apple. Apple sets the iPhone price as high as possible, consistent with costs, profit expectations and the goal of selling as many as they can make. So, too, with an investment company.

In this example I chose Fidelity and Price not to pick on them. Both are excellent operations with some fine mutual funds on offer. But because they must generate profit for their owners, both are at a distinct cost disadvantage to Vanguard. As are all other investment companies.

Bogle’s brilliance, for us investors, was to shift ownership of his new company to the mutual funds it operates. Since we investors own those funds, thru our ownership of shares in them, we in effect own Vanguard.

Any profits generated by the fees we pay would find their way back into our pockets. Since this would be a somewhat silly and roundabout process and, more importantly, since it would potentially be a taxable event, Vanguard was structured to operate “at cost.” That is, with the goal charging only the minimum fees needed to cover the costs of operating the funds.

What does this translate into in the real world?

Such fees are reported as “expense ratios.” The average expense ratio at Vanguard is .20%. The industry average is 1.12%. Now this might not sound like much, but over time the difference is immense and it is one of the key reasons Vanguard enjoys a performance as well as a cost advantage.

With Vanguard, I own my mutual funds and thru them Vanguard itself. My interests and those of Vanguard are precisely the same. This is a rare and beautiful thing, unique in the world of investing.
    Taken from J.L.Collins Stock Series - https://jlcollinsnh.com/stock-series/

I highly recomend it
    "Testosterone levels peak during a man's late 20's but decline soon after, decreasing about 1.5 percent per year after age 30. "

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." - Buddha

!!!+052 kcab per lliW

tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Real Estate?

MAGA

lockdev has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lockdev has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lockdev has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lockdev has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lockdev has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lockdev has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lockdev has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lockdev has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lockdev has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lockdev has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lockdev has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tunafish01 View Post
    Real Estate?

MAGA
    Terrible idea in most markets right now breh.
    Misc Entrepreneur Crew

joshgamer is not very well liked. (-100) joshgamer is not very well liked. (-100) joshgamer is not very well liked. (-100) joshgamer is not very well liked. (-100) joshgamer is not very well liked. (-100) joshgamer is not very well liked. (-100) joshgamer is not very well liked. (-100) joshgamer is not very well liked. (-100) joshgamer is not very well liked. (-100) joshgamer is not very well liked. (-100) joshgamer is not very well liked. (-100)
    As above, 401k is decent just got an auto invest you don't have to think about but Vanguard life strategy or another low cost vanguard fund is a good shout and you can set it up on a auto direct debit each month,

Or if you're risk averse crypto's are an option
    My Workout Log:

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176131141

Current PR's:
    Squat - 140KG/315lb
    Bench - 130KG/286lb
    Deadlift - 200KG/440lb

tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000) tunafish01 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by lockdev View Post
    tfw just closed on a house Friday in coastal NC. Will have 2 roommates living wiht me tho. Plan is to hold it for 15 years.

OSUBBall23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUBBall23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUBBall23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUBBall23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUBBall23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUBBall23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUBBall23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUBBall23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUBBall23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUBBall23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OSUBBall23 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    urine idiot Opie

RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ??? You don't want the tax savings from removing invested amount from your income for the year? Does your employer not match up to 4-5% of your yearly wages in the account? These are things to consider before you stop using the 401k
    Fitness connoisseur
    0.4 mg of party's over wake the FK up!
    Aspire to be fat, 45+ plus, and have at least 1 comment on every girl's bodyspace.
    "the personification of greatness"

Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well you should go talk to a charge by the hour fiduciary and tell them what you need. (Ask him how he measures risk, and if he doesn't respond with portfolio covariance turn around and walk away)

If for some reason you don't find a good one or don't want to pay a few hundred dollars do this:

If your company has an match you should put in what ever that percentage is into your 401k no questions asked. - Ask for a list of the available options and look up the ticker symbol on Morningstar. Find something that is 4-5 stars and call it good.

The rest you should set up a ROTH IRA with either vanguard or fidelity. Invest in a total market etf.

Read up and become an expert and then diversify.
    Finance Degree - USAF INTEL - IIFYM - Injured Crew - KTM XCW300 - Single Track Trail Rider - NRA Supporter - Shunned from MFC - Libertarian - Pragmatist
    B: 345, S 375, D 445
    Trying to get your ideal outcome often leads to the passing up of practical alternatives that deny your adversaries theirs.

thisisqueenc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thisisqueenc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thisisqueenc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thisisqueenc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thisisqueenc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thisisqueenc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thisisqueenc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thisisqueenc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thisisqueenc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thisisqueenc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thisisqueenc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would invest in a house

Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blukbruh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd invest in an electronic car to help the environment.

i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) i3oosted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Austanian View Post
    Well you should go talk to a charge by the hour fiduciary and tell them what you need. (Ask him how he measures risk, and if he doesn't respond with portfolio covariance turn around and walk away)

If for some reason you don't find a good one or don't want to pay a few hundred dollars do this:

If your company has an match you should put in what ever that percentage is into your 401k no questions asked. - Ask for a list of the available options and look up the ticker symbol on Morningstar. Find something that is 4-5 stars and call it good.

The rest you should set up a ROTH IRA with either vanguard or fidelity. Invest in a total market etf.

Read up and become an expert and then diversify.
    This is what I've come to realize after more research, thank you.
    *Smell Good Crew
    *MAGA Minority Crew
    *AR/Gun Crew

SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This right here. Not a buyers market right now. If you really want to just pocket that extra money in a high yield money market account and wait out for next real estate correction which is inevitable.

thedoggod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedoggod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedoggod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedoggod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedoggod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedoggod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedoggod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedoggod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedoggod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedoggod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thedoggod is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by tunafish01 View Post
    tfw just closed on a house Friday in coastal NC. Will have 2 roommates living wiht me tho. Plan is to hold it for 15 years.
    TFW age is 48 and your financial goals are tied in with having two roommates for 15+ years
    Soda free/Pork free
    USAF

PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PowersKenny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    . This times 1000, I'd move it to a money market account to avoid the upcoming 10-20% drop, or if you have the stomach short ETF SH, that's what I did

I'm a SR. Financial Analyst, trust me the drop will happen fast and quick, within a few months

Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PowersKenny View Post
    . This times 1000, I'd move it to a money market account to avoid the upcoming 10-20% drop, or if you have the stomach short ETF SH, that's what I did

I'm a SR. Financial Analyst, trust me the drop will happen fast and quick, within a few months
    I have held that title before... He is not wrong that the market is overpriced. It has been near historic P/E ratios for the last 4-5 years. However, anyone that thinks they "Know" the total market will drop in X months needs to get demoted to JR Financial Analyst.

But if you KNOW fuk waiting it out in a MM account. Go buy a bunch of PUTs in the Total Market and be a millionaire in the next few months.
    Finance Degree - USAF INTEL - IIFYM - Injured Crew - KTM XCW300 - Single Track Trail Rider - NRA Supporter - Shunned from MFC - Libertarian - Pragmatist
    B: 345, S 375, D 445
    Trying to get your ideal outcome often leads to the passing up of practical alternatives that deny your adversaries theirs.

Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Redfish225 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Why would you stop? That’s free money brah. My 401k been on max since 1996.
    I love eggs.

_zman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _zman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _zman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _zman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _zman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _zman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _zman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _zman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _zman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _zman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _zman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by thedoggod View Post
    TFW age is 48 and your financial goals are tied in with having two roommates for 15+ years
    What's wrong with having people pay your mortgage while you travel the world off the income of renting out your rooms? It's guaranteed income and return on investment, meanwhile, depending on the local market, the house will appreciate 6-8%+, you'll pay 1/3 of the utiliies, and you could be home only third the time while you sip cocktails on the beach or sleep at your GFs.
    ★★★ A State of Trance Crew ★★★
    ♞♞♞ Misc Horse Head Crew ♞♞♞

Registered User chickenbroccoli's Avatar
    chickenbroccoli is a name known to all. (+5000) chickenbroccoli is a name known to all. (+5000) chickenbroccoli is a name known to all. (+5000) chickenbroccoli is a name known to all. (+5000) chickenbroccoli is a name known to all. (+5000) chickenbroccoli is a name known to all. (+5000) chickenbroccoli is a name known to all. (+5000) chickenbroccoli is a name known to all. (+5000) chickenbroccoli is a name known to all. (+5000) chickenbroccoli is a name known to all. (+5000) chickenbroccoli is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Real estate.

Guess where the stock market is going when the “inevitable real estate correction” happens?

You’ll be screwed either way.

Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    on spread. real estate bout to crash worse than 08. boomers haven't saved social security will be insolvent mathematically by 2038 realistically money will be printed to pay for other unfunded liabilities thus making just matching SS payments worth crap for purchasing power. boomers will have to sell off their only asset (if they don't have a reverse mortgage) and the generation entering the home buying market makes 66% inflation adjusted as the boomers did when they entered the market they'll all have to underbid each other just to sell the real estate. I would tell you to buy bitcoin which is what I am doing but you clearly do not have the understanding to be able to hold it, so instead I'll inform you and let you make the decision.

It's a long video but needs to be. skip to roughly 4:30 to skip the german speaking
    Dude.....no

Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jerma is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This is the best way I can explain to you your misconception of "money". Money is a technology meant to make your mental ledger of the work you've done capable of expanding to people you have not directly formed trustworthy relationships with so that you can have trust in them to provide you back with the labor you've given. Without money you would never work for another person that you didn't trust would repay you for the finite amount of time you have on this earth that you've given away to them. Without money you'd only give your labor to friends and family, because you trust them based on your relationship that they will return the favor. Before we get to far I want to impose a hypothetical on you, say that you reading this are hypothetically not very talented. say it takes you 8 hrs to build a fence that your average person can build in 4 hrs. What money is in this context is you spend 8 hours building a fence for someone and then they give you a note that says one equal fence: redeemable. They don't owe you 8 hrs of their labor they just owe you the same fence, if they are an average person and can build the same fence in 4 hrs it doesn't matter you will still be content because it would have taken you hrs to build a fence for yourself. However with that same note you can find someone less talented that you and use that note and it might take 16 hrs of their time to build you a fence.

The problem with our current money; Fiat money is that you can be an average person build a fence for someone get that note for a fence to be built for you and then in 10 years you can't even afford for a super efficient company much better specialized than you to build you even a quarter of that fence. because the note that you held has been printed multiple times and given to people who've never built a fence. Simply by technological innovation simply doing some form of labor for someone and holding that IOU for some time you should be able to purchase more than you put in because of technological advances. Think 1900, you plow someone's field by ox and plow sit on that IOU for 50 years, now we have tractors, it took you the entire spring season to plow a field, now someone can do it in 3 days with a tractor, theoretically you should only have to give a portion of that note away because the person with the tractor can do 30 fields in the same time span, why would you accept getting your own field plowed for the same note when you have the option to buy a tractor and plow your own field then sell the tractor? and still have 87 days of leisure?
    Dude.....no

Originally Posted by thedoggod View Post
    Haha Im 28 man. Only paying 275 a month for it. Not bad

SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SwayWay is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by PowersKenny View Post

You're predicting a real estate correction in few months?

Registered User texansfankillme's Avatar
    texansfankillme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texansfankillme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texansfankillme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texansfankillme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texansfankillme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texansfankillme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texansfankillme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texansfankillme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texansfankillme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texansfankillme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texansfankillme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Investing priority should be:
    1. 401k up to match
    2. Roth IRA
    3. 401k up to yearly max
    4. Taxable acount

Everything should be in the lowest possible cost index funds, preferably with Vanguard (I would use Total Stock Market for US and Total International Stock Market for non-US). Never move in and out of the market, stay completely invested. You should have enough in bonds (Total Bond Market or an intermediate term treasury fund) that the possibility of a market correction/bear market doesn't worry you. Whatever allocation that is, set it and forget it. The only trades you should make are to rebalance when that allocation gets out of whack, and buying more of your set allocation when you have the money.

If you insist on getting into metals or something more niche, do it in your Roth IRA, but don't do anything outside of IRA/401k until you are completely maxing those out every year.

I never had any interest in landlording so I can't really speak to that.

ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ichBinBerliner is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by i3oosted View Post
    Wanting to stop investing in my 401k and put it(the monthly amount) somewhere else for my retirement, mid risk. I also buy discounted stock with my current employer(5%) and will continue to.

Metals, etc.? Something I can keep away from paying investors to invest in it, app like Robin Hood? 36yo, looking at normal retirement age, 65-67.
    Why in the world do you want to forgo tax deferment and matching? Are the plans within your 401k that limited? I find that difficult to believe. Most 401k's will allow you to setup a brokerage account within your 401k so you can invest in individual stocks.

Registered User texansfankillme's Avatar
    texansfankillme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texansfankillme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texansfankillme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texansfankillme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texansfankillme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texansfankillme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texansfankillme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texansfankillme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texansfankillme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texansfankillme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) texansfankillme is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ichBinBerliner View Post
    Why in the world do you want to forgo tax deferment and matching? Are the plans within your 401k that limited? I find that difficult to believe. Most 401k's will allow you to setup a brokerage account within your 401k so you can invest in individual stocks.
    This, tax efficiency is pretty much the only way to generate extra return without more risk. And even if the options in the 401k are terrible, you can the money into an IRA and do whatever you want with it as soon as you leave the job.

goonsondeck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) goonsondeck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) goonsondeck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) goonsondeck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) goonsondeck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) goonsondeck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) goonsondeck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) goonsondeck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) goonsondeck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) goonsondeck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) goonsondeck is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    401k for sure

thats the same as aussie super right?

DatFeelGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) DatFeelGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) DatFeelGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) DatFeelGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) DatFeelGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) DatFeelGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) DatFeelGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) DatFeelGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) DatFeelGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) DatFeelGuy is a name known to all. (+5000) DatFeelGuy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Make sure you at least contribute to capitalize on the company match, if applicable.

Other than that I suggest low fee index funds (all stocks).
    Work hard
    Enjoy yourself
    Do the right thing
    Compound your interest

AMDuser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AMDuser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AMDuser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AMDuser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AMDuser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AMDuser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AMDuser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AMDuser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AMDuser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AMDuser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AMDuser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just put it in FUSVX and leave it alone for 40+ years (srs)