smopheh will become famous soon enough. (+50) smopheh will become famous soon enough. (+50) smopheh will become famous soon enough. (+50) smopheh will become famous soon enough. (+50) smopheh will become famous soon enough. (+50) smopheh will become famous soon enough. (+50) smopheh will become famous soon enough. (+50) smopheh will become famous soon enough. (+50) smopheh will become famous soon enough. (+50) smopheh will become famous soon enough. (+50) smopheh will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking Training to become superwoman, I guess!

Hoping someone can advise me on concurrent training.

Currently crossfit 3x week optional between Mon/Fri/Sat or Mon/Weds/Fri. I was incorporating strength work later in the day - mostly accessories -hypertrophy based reps.

Looking to refine my technique, strength and power - have spoken with a weightlifting coach who has advised a 3 day a week program:
    A: Snatch/Front Squat/Bench Press
    B: Jerk/Deadlift/Row
    C: Clean/Back Squat/Push Press

How do I effectively program this around my crossfit? I have done 5/3/1 previously and did that immediately before the classes, however I wont have time to do all three movements in the 15-20 minutes before.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I really have no idea what goes on in Crossfit, but it seems to me you won't be able to do Crossfit AND a basic weightlifting program all at once. I think you'll have to choose between Crossfit and strength/weightlifting program eventually.

Snatch and clean and jerk once per week isn't going to do much for you with regards to technique or power. If I were you, I would drop the bench pressing, push pressing, rowing and deadlifting and just do more snatches and clean and jerks. I know a lot of people program in things like push presses and drop snatches but I think they serve only to ingrain poor movement patterns. If you want to get better at snatching, do more snatches. Try Torokhtiy's program or maybe some Catalyst ones (though most of those are 5 days per week.)

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Gwybodaeth View Post
    I really have no idea what goes on in Crossfit, but it seems to me you won't be able to do Crossfit AND a basic weightlifting program all at once. I think you'll have to choose between Crossfit and strength/weightlifting program eventually.

Snatch and clean and jerk once per week isn't going to do much for you with regards to technique or power. If I were you, I would drop the bench pressing, push pressing, rowing and deadlifting and just do more snatches and clean and jerks. I know a lot of people program in things like push presses and drop snatches but I think they serve only to ingrain poor movement patterns. If you want to get better at snatching, do more snatches. Try Torokhtiy's program or maybe some Catalyst ones (though most of those are 5 days per week.)
    Personally, I agree with this. Doing each lift once per week is not enough to really get better/stronger at the lifts, nor refine technique. Also, drop the crossfit for a while, you can always add it back in as you adapt.

if you have a coach, why not ask them about fitting it in?
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133