Oboy5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Man boobs syndrome... How to improve chest shape

Hi there

I've being training in they gym for the past 5 years now... I've being doing mostly bench press, but now starting to realise i don't like the shape of my chest.

It's seems this is the strong part of my body, but recently it's starting to look like "man boobs" rather than muscular and strong pecs.

I've been thinking of various option to solve this issue:

A. Start cutting to eliminate the stubborn fat around the pecs
    B. Stop training the chest for a while, starting to focus on back muscle more
    C. Still training the chest but focus on different exercises to improve the upper chest part and the inside of the pecs.

If you think C. is the solution, I'm looking to hear about good exercices to reach this goal.

I'm posting a picture here, I'm open to any critique and advice for improvement.

This is also what I've been doing so far 3 times a week at the gym:

So far I've been doing:

- incline dumbells 4x12 (I was mostly doing flat bench press but realised it was targetting too much the lower pecs and wants to develop the upper part now)
    - flat bench butterfly 4x12
    - Pulley machine 4x12
    - Machine lumbar extension 4x12
    - Shoulder lateral raise machine 4x12
    - Abs machine 4x12
    - Biceps curls 4X12

Thanks

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Can't change the shape of a muscle, it can only grow and shrink. Reduce your body fat.

FatalTragedy12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatalTragedy12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatalTragedy12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatalTragedy12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatalTragedy12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatalTragedy12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatalTragedy12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatalTragedy12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatalTragedy12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatalTragedy12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FatalTragedy12 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If that's your day to day workout for 3 years.. you need a new workout.

Do big lifts like deadlifts, squats, bench, push press etc., you aren't going to build a huge chest by just doing bench and flys etc.
    *Misc Surgeon*--*Admin neg survivor*

Don't have $100 squat shoes and a 10 cent squat - Louie Simmons
    You go looking for the Shaolin temple, the Shaolin temple doesn't go looking for you - Louie Simmons

UACK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UACK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UACK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UACK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UACK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UACK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UACK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UACK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UACK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UACK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UACK7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    Can't change the shape of a muscle, it can only grow and shrink. Reduce your body fat.
    This. You still have fat on top of the muscle so when you lose the fat you will reveal more muscle. And there is no way to change the structure of how a muscle grows. I am not sure how stopping working your chest would help. But if you have been lifting for 5 years, you really should have a much better physique. I think you need to do an overhaul of what you do because youre not pushing yourself enough. I would guess by those pics that you just started working out. So revamp the routine, cut some fat, lift heavy and enjoy the outcome. good luck