gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Angry Full Metal Industries, A cautionary tale.

A heads up, particularly to members based in the UK/Europe. I have dealt with Full Metal Industries for many years without issue. I placed an order for a pair of cable handles 5 weeks ago, my delivery has never arrived.

I have made numerous attempts to contact the company by email and telephone without success. If memory serves me correctly, 11 emails, only 1 reply, "we are looking into the matter", 7 phone calls, my call was actually answered on one occasion, "I'll get back to you".

A little online research has revealed that FMI is now under new ownership and the new managing directors track record is not good, over the last couple of years he's set up several gym equipment supply businesses, now liquidated, leaving a lot of customers, suppliers and fabricators chasing their tails, many of these guys lost a lot of money.

The company is still trading, but there is an interesting conversation on Twitter, between FMI and their bankers, it appears that FMI's bank account may have been frozen, that's never a good sign.

With hindsight I should have been more diligent, but FMI was a name that I trusted. So at Present I'd definitely recommend giving FMI a miss.

At the time of writing, it looks as if I'm going to have to contact my card provider to get reimbursed.

Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sounds like they're stalling. Whoever is in charge does not care about serving customers who already paid, and that's not a good sign. If you think there's a chance they will restructure and fulfill your order at some point, and you really want it, find out how long the chargeback window is and consider waiting. It's like 6 months I believe.
    www.tworepcave.com
    Black Friday deals page updated daily through Nov 2022

wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That’s unfortunate Rich, I’ve got FMI in my favourites for future purchases so might delete them now. If I was you I’d initiate the charge back now, I’ve got no time for poor service and 5+ calls and emails is more than enough to show they don’t want your business.
    My Strength Training Blog: http://www.peckmeout.com/

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Squeebo View Post
    Sounds like they're stalling. Whoever is in charge does not care about serving customers who already paid, and that's not a good sign. If you think there's a chance they will restructure and fulfill your order at some point, and you really want it, find out how long the chargeback window is and consider waiting. It's like 6 months I believe.
    Yes, I think your'e correct, 6 months. To be honest I've given them until Monday to dispatch the order, if they don't ship the item I intend to cancel , they have 14 days to reimburse me, I won't be holding my breath.

Originally Posted by wgpa View Post
    That’s unfortunate Rich, I’ve got FMI in my favourites for future purchases so might delete them now. If I was you I’d initiate the charge back now, I’ve got no time for poor service and 5+ calls and emails is more than enough to show they don’t want your business.
    I agree, under the old management they manufactured some great equipment, their racks were particularly good. They still have some very interesting items on the site, including the Tryon attachments that I ordered.

You may remember Gym World and Savage Strength, both went out of business last year, this guy was the former owner and Managing Director of both companies, he now appears to be taking FMI down the same route, bleeding the company dry, screw the customers and suppliers.

wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50) wgpa will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I didn’t realise Savage Strength had gone bust until you mentioned it there! No way! He will single handed lt be taking down the UK fitness industry at this rate lol
    My Strength Training Blog: http://www.peckmeout.com/

Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sorry to hear this. getting a new piece of equipment like your bravo FT, researching the best attachment for it, ordering and ..... nothing is so frustrating
    if they responded “backordered approx 5 weeks, we can cancell order or ship when in”
    You at least have not have wasted time emailing and calling. You might have kept the order also. It looks like there not interested in actually operating a company long term though.
    It looks like they make some really great stuff!
    I continue to be shocked how much really great stuff is available UK and australia that the US market doesnt have access to,
    theres watson ATX and other specialty barbells.
    I was looking for a few new specialty bars and was searching google images and couldnt believe how many nice options werent available to us.
    FMI cable attachments look unique and effective! Thats a shame. I actually was thinking at first “whats the big deal, why wouldnt richard just order a pair of handkes somewhere else after a week?” Then i saw that they are actually pretty much what i have been looking for! A high end set of handles to use in movements that my ROT 8 dont wirk well on are on my list of things to order when i find decide on the right ones. Shame that this company is off the list of reputable companies that make nice stuff

Originally Posted by wgpa View Post
    I didn’t realise Savage Strength had gone bust until you mentioned it there! No way! He will single handed lt be taking down the UK fitness industry at this rate lol
    You may be correct, this guy is also a director of Best Gym Equipment and Gym Company!, but at least in the case of Gym Company Simon Watson Is a fellow director and Watson's have an excellent reputation, but who knows.

Originally Posted by Hardgains88 View Post
    Sorry to hear this. getting a new piece of equipment like your bravo FT, researching the best attachment for it, ordering and ..... nothing is so frustrating
    if they responded “backordered approx 5 weeks, we can cancell order or ship when in”
    You at least have not have wasted time emailing and calling. You might have kept the order also. It looks like there not interested in actually operating a company long term though.
    It looks like they make some really great stuff!
    I continue to be shocked how much really great stuff is available UK and australia that the US market doesnt have access to,
    theres watson ATX and other specialty barbells.
    I was looking for a few new specialty bars and was searching google images and couldnt believe how many nice options werent available to us.
    FMI cable attachments look unique and effective! Thats a shame. I actually was thinking at first “whats the big deal, why wouldnt richard just order a pair of handkes somewhere else after a week?” Then i saw that they are actually pretty much what i have been looking for! A high end set of handles to use in movements that my ROT 8 dont wirk well on are on my list of things to order when i find decide on the right ones. Shame that this company is off the list of reputable companies that make nice stuff
    These handles are expensive, I was put on to them by a colleague, he's been working in Barcelona and has been using some of these attachments. He really rates them.

So it's disappointing that FMi are being such jerks, but today I found a supplier in the Netherlands that does ship to the UK, so I'll cancel the existing order and try again.

MAVICFIT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It’s funny that im reading this thread I use to do OEM work for FMI. I still have 2 Axel bars and 1 X-bar in my workshop powder coated waiting for payment. I’m designer and fabricator of engineered strength equipment and have done many a jobs for many UK suppliers of gym equipment. I got so annoyed with FMI I decide to block them as they asked for non stop quotes trying to squeeze every last penny for there mark up and profit. If FMI come back on the scene would someone tell them Lee at Mavic Fit is waiting for payment.