ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

A question to men 6'3" or taller...

I'm 6'3" and have the prototypical tall man's build - long wrists, ankles, neck and a narrow frame. Of all these things, my narrow frame bothers me the most. No matter how much muscle mass I have when I look at myself I see a narrow framed ectomorph.

Have any men of this height or taller been able to really widen their frame or add significant width to their backs?? Seems like no matter what I do I am still narrow looking.
    Iron. Boxing. NFL. Mob stuff. New York City breed.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ChiefRocka View Post
    I'm 6'3" and have the prototypical tall man's build - long wrists, ankles, neck and a narrow frame. Of all these things, my narrow frame bothers me the most. No matter how much muscle mass I have when I look at myself I see a narrow framed ectomorph.

Have any men of this height or taller been able to really widen their frame or add significant width to their backs?? Seems like no matter what I do I am still narrow looking.
    I'm 6' 4". Thin wrists, ankles, etc. It just takes a lot of time and consistency.

thedynamicduo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ChiefRocka View Post

Shoulder structure and lat length from genetics along with teres major/minor development make up your back width. All back exercises build lats. As you can't isolate a portion. Now the angle of the pull does change from what insertion point the line of contraction comes from. Pulldown movements with your arms out wide with a neutral or pronated grip will work the Teres Major/Minor more to "widen" the back. That along with the genetics for your waist line and hips makes your taper. Thats my 2 cents.

Im lucky as I am 6'4" but have a wide shoulder structure genetically with long lats. My chest/back measures under my arm pits at 57.5" with a 34" waist so they are always poking out. But I can make them into wings.