SentinelAeon is on a distinguished road. (+10)

fitnes plan for a boxer

Hello,

I train boxing 3 times per week, i decided to organize my fitness plan since i obviously care about looks too. I train at home, i split my training into 3 parts:

1) chest, triceps and shoulders
    2) back, biceps
    3) legs, lower back, abs (fast walking uphill), will add proper exercises for legs soon, have some back problems i need to sort first and do research on training that will keep my legs fast for boxing

The way i train each muscle is simply adding enough weight so i can barely lift 12x. Then when i cant lift 8x anymore i remove some weight and pump again. I dont count sets, i usualy stop training certain muscle group when i can barely lift 4x of the original weight - when muscle is completely DEAD. Not sure if this is the way i should lift, i read very different opinions about that online. I will try to train each muscle 2 times per week. For example:

MON: chest, triceps, shoulders
    TUE: back, biceps
    WED: legs, lower back, abs
    THU: chest, triceps, shoulders
    FRI: OFF
    SAT: back, biceps
    SUN: legs, lower back, abs

Since i am new at this, i obviously made lots of mistakes i am sure and will be glad to hear your opinion on how to improve my plan.
    Last edited by SentinelAeon; 08-15-2018 at 08:58 AM.

I did notice a few things. First, my biceps/back training including pull-ups killed my shoulders. Combined with boxing training the next day, i was barely able to do any shoulder exercises because my shoulders were totaly tired. I am thinking i should include boxing as a workout day and get rest accordingly. Also i have a big problem knowing how much rest days i need. For instance sometimes my chest hurt for 5 straight days, while biceps i could do everyday no problem. I never know what the sweet point is and never know whether i rest to little or to much.

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you train in boxing 3x a week as it is, a beginner full body routine 2, maybe 3 times per week is going to be the most optimal for you. I'd err on the side of caution and stick to 2 to start.

Ok i will try to do what u said and train max 2-3 times per week with weights