MadsMadsen is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cutting from a 23 year bulk

Hey guys. I'm 24, I'm 5'10, and I weigh 268 lbs as of August 15, 2018, down from around 360-380 lbs (conservative estimate is 360).

I've been a lurker of Misc since the good old days, at least 2010, but I've never posted here, I just always enjoyed living vicariously through you all. When I was 15 or 16, I was browsing /fit/, /b/, and Misc here as if it was my religion, so I'm surprised it took this long to actually get the ball rolling, and see real results. I was horribly addicted to Soda and Red Bull, I had no exercise in my life at all, and all I did from age 12 to 19 was pretty much play WoW non-stop, even getting to a level where I was paid briefly, lol. When I started college at age 19, I quit WoW, but I simply just replaced that hole in my life with another addiction - first Battlefield, then Counter Strike. Neither was good, because it just meant I kept gaining and gaining and gaining. I had lifted a little bit when I browsed Misc and /fit/, but I was so riddled with ****arounditis, that I never got anywhere with it. I actually don't know what I weighed back then, but it was easily 300+ lbs. When I was around 22, I had finished college, and I moved back in with my parents, so this was back to the same good ol' mom cooking that got me fat to begin with. I come from a family of obese people, so I'm breaking the cycle here, which still blows my mind to think about - I even got both my parents to begin CICO because they saw how well it worked for me! I gained as soon as I moved back in, as I was still drinking ****loads of calories, but now I didn't walk around campus all day, so I lost that bit of daily exercise, and instead I just receded more and more in to myself. When I stepped on my own scale at age 21, and it read 'ERR' because I was past the 330lb mark, I didn't even take it as a failure, I just pushed it away, thought '**** it, doesn't matter, I still look fine'.

I began lifting in August of 2017, just doing a 30 minute bodybuilding PPL kind of split, as I was already familiar with Starting Strength and felt I was beyond that, but the key difference this time around was the fact that I actually stuck to it, I kept going, and I was going 7 days a week, literally every single day, which wasn't sustainable in the long run - I go 6 times a week now, much better. After New Years, I shortly segued in to powerlifting, before settling on Olympic weightlifting, thanks to Clarence0's videos on YouTube, which I'm still doing right now, and it feels ****ing fantastic. I had a full physical in April of 2018, where I was weighed in at 315 lbs, and I was told I was as healthy as I could be, all the numbers checked out, but I was warned this wouldn't continue to be the case, and if I had kept up the lifestyle I had lived previously, I probably would've croaked in my 40s.

I've lost 45 lbs since that physical in early April, and I've got another 60-80 lbs to lose before I'm at the finish line, all depending on how I feel; but I definitely wanna go to 218 lbs (99 kg) just once, to see the double digits on the scale, something I can't ever remember seeing. After losing the weight, my shoulders don't hurt as much randomly anymore, I suppose because I can actually rest them down alongside my body now, which feels great. I sleep better, more efficiently, walking doesn't bring me to a boil and make me winded as ****, and I can walk up stairs without having to get straight oxygen. When I took my driver's license in 2016, I had trouble turning my head all the way around to reverse - you know, hand on passenger seat, head looking back over shoulder, I had such a hard ****ing time doing this, and it would wind me, like what the ****? Lol

I'm posting this mostly so I have some accountability, as previously my accountability has been weekly weigh-ins at the doctor's office, so I can have a nice, clean chart when I'm finished, but also because I love the discussion found on the forums, and I'd love to participate, so I guess this is partly my introduction, as it is my first public post here ever. I'll attach some progress pictures, but honestly, there exists maybe one or two photographs of me from age 15-21, so I can't really show proper progress, since I shied away from cameras. I've posted a before&after (Untitled-1) as well, one from February, when I was around 335-340, and one from August, when I was just around 275, I think I was even sucking in the gut in the Feb. photo because I still hadn't come to terms with it even then. I'd love to hear what you think of that one as well, I can see a difference, but is it really drastic? Other than that, the context of the photos are as follows: 2.jpg is from my graduation in 2016, the next one is from a trip to France a few months later, the third one is me after a good gym session in late July, so is the fourth one, except it's full-body and a different day, lol. Untitled-1 is the full body before&after, that I've never really posted anywhere else, kind of hesitated with it.

Starting Stats:
    Weight: 380 lbs
    BF%: 50%

Starting lifts:
    Bench: 135 lbs
    Deadlift: 310 lbs
    Squat: 265 lbs

Current stats:
    Weight: 268 lbs
    BF%: 28%

Current lifts:
    Bench: 225 lbs
    Deadlift: 465 lbs
    Squat: 410 lbs
    Clean: 225 lbs
    Snatch: 160 lbs

Goal Stats:
    Weight: 180 lbs
    BF%: 10%

If you have any questions, feel free to ask away - I'd love to answer! I'll hopefully update here when I do weigh-ins, which I sometimes do on my instagram, too @madsdahlmadsen. If I'm not allowed to tag that here, lmk, and I'll remove it post haste.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by MadsMadsen; 08-15-2018 at 02:29 AM.
    Bulking from 1994 to 2017, wildly successful.

360 lbs -> 268 lbs as of August 2018. Currently 241 lbs as of Dec. 2018

I'm a member of my local Crossfit Gym, Horsens Crossfit, and I was invited to their yearly Summer Games this past Saturday.

Turns out they're an insane bunch of individuals, and we ended up doing 4+ hours of exercise spread out across 5 ****ing Workouts (Average is one per class). It's Monday, and I'm still absolutely ruined, barely able to walk properly, laying down even hurts because of the core muscles being super sore haha.

Also I chipped a tooth due to a fall, so that was fun.

I started training to become a personal trainer.

If everything goes according to plan, I'll be finished by December 9th, and by then, I'll also be finished with my weight loss!

I just finished a huge workout today, Clean and Jerking 135 for technique, and 180+ for heavy singles, I've cleaned 225 lbs before but I absolutely failed the Jerk, so I'd kill to Clean and Jerk 225 lbs raw. I'm also down to 260 lbs, 8 lbs in two weeks. I don't know if I'm losing weight too fast, or if I'm just doing good, sticking to 1700 calories while doing extensive workouts. Thoughts?

Bigbrian93 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    dont give up bro you got this

Originally Posted by Bigbrian93 View Post
    dont give up bro you got this
    Never gonna give it up my dude, I've fallen in love with weightlifting and living an actual life - don't worry. Even when I'm not actively counting calories I'm not gaining weight, I think I've actually made it. :')

Burgerbuger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Burgerbuger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Burgerbuger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Burgerbuger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Burgerbuger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Burgerbuger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Burgerbuger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Burgerbuger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Burgerbuger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Burgerbuger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Burgerbuger is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Those are some nice lifting stats OP.
    Kindness is all that matters in life

Originally Posted by Burgerbuger View Post
    Those are some nice lifting stats OP.
    Thanks man! I recently added 35~ pounds to my previous C&J max (my old max was like 200 lbs, the Clean max was 225) - I'm the most proud of that one, not the squats or the deadlifts haha.

what's up, it's ya boi, I just got certified as a fitness instructor, and in 2 months I'll be a certified personal trainer - also I cleaned 110kg (245lbs) as a total new max, failed the jerk twice, lol...

In other news, I've just snuck below 114kg, sitting at 113.7kg which is just a couple of grams below 250lbs! I remember a couple of months ago I was fretting over bouncing from 127kg to 130kg, because of edema in my legs, waterweight essentially, and then I remembered about a week ago I was fretting over bouncing between 115kg and 117kg on the scale, because of waterweight... the struggle never ends, but look how far I've come, and I'm still worrying about the tiny, most insignificant things. It's so weird man, but I'm so close to having made it, and I don't think about losing weight actively anymore. At least not as active as I used to do, it was a real obsession for me over last summer, but I'm 13kg and some change from my goal of seeing double digits on the scale, reaching onederland in lbs, and all that good ****! We're all gonna make it, brahs.
    Last edited by MadsMadsen; 10-17-2018 at 07:52 AM.

Things have slowed down quite a bit, it's no longer a kilo or two a week, and that has me slightly stressing haha. I need to come to terms with a slower over-all weight-loss since my metabolism has slowed down significantly with 120 lbs less, that's to be expected.

I'm becoming a Personal Trainer in two weeks, I've gotten in to a mildly unserious relationship, and I've had more interaction with the opposite sex in the last week than I did in the last 24 years of life, all thanks to the weight loss. Unintended bonus, not the reaction I was expecting, but that's ok.

GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000) GA1N5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You're doing well, man! No need to stress - look back at yourself last year, and look at yourself now.

Regardless of how much you're losing, you're still progressing and you've made so much progress since last year.

Originally Posted by GA1N5 View Post
    You're doing well, man! No need to stress - look back at yourself last year, and look at yourself now.

Regardless of how much you're losing, you're still progressing and you've made so much progress since last year.
    Thanks man, I really appreciate that. I'm in the final lap now, and I just have to keep pushing. I have little over 20 lbs left before my goal weight. 20 ****ing lbs man. I've lost 120 so far, the next 20 should be a breeze, right?

Thanks for reminding me to look back, I don't do enough introspection and my God my life was in shambles a year ago haha. I appreciate you!

OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OfficerJimLahey has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How are things going, OP?
    Baltimore Orioles
    Most positive poster in this thread.

MFC Poor Crew President and Founder.

socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10) socksndtubes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MadsMadsen View Post
    Never gonna give it up my dude, I've fallen in love with weightlifting and living an actual life - don't worry. Even when I'm not actively counting calories I'm not gaining weight, I think I've actually made it. :')
    First of all, good for you! At least you got some sense to lose the excess weight at a very early age, it gets much harder when you get older. Even in your mid 20's. Keep up the good work, and I think the optimal weight for your height is somewhere around 160-170 lbs. So 100 more pounds to go, which is what you were able to achieve in a year anyway.

Originally Posted by socksndtubes View Post
    First of all, good for you! At least you got some sense to lose the excess weight at a very early age, it gets much harder when you get older. Even in your mid 20's. Keep up the good work, and I think the optimal weight for your height is somewhere around 160-170 lbs. So 100 more pounds to go, which is what you were able to achieve in a year anyway.
    Thanks for the kind words man! I'm actually down to 244 lbs now, so 170 is not too far off - but I think it's unrealistic as I'm aiming for 210 lbs to be in the 96kg class for Olympic weightlifting. My first goal is 220 lbs so I can see 99kg on the scale, and if I still need to lose more past 210, I might go for sub-200 purely for bragging rights

Originally Posted by OfficerJimLahey View Post
    How are things going, OP?
    Pretty good man, my PT exam is a day away and I'll hopefully start working with that full-time and help people who were stuck in the same situation I was in, if all goes well anyway - thanks for asking!

chaboi's a ****in' Personal Trainer, certified and all!

instagram.com/p/BrIfLisBefU/

Also hit a brand new low, 109.6kg, ****'s poppin' bois, almost at sub-100kg.

How's everyone holding up for Christmas/Thanksgiving, all that? I've plateau'd a little bit, been stuck on the same weight almost all of December with a minor loss of 1.5kg, which is nothing to scoff at, don't worry - I get that. I have to get used to a less aggressive weight loss, lol.

Hope the gains-fairy has been good to ya'll, I've received a few good things!

Down to 235lbs (106.8kg), new clean PR of 113kg (250 lbs), and did my first ever bodyweight+ Clean and Jerk a few weeks back at 110kg (245 lbs) - feels good man!