Registered User athleticasian28's Avatar
    athleticasian28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athleticasian28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athleticasian28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athleticasian28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athleticasian28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athleticasian28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athleticasian28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athleticasian28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Going on a quick aggressive mini cut, good or no?

So I'm currently on a bulking phase and just went on a rest deload week so starting tomorrow I'm going to start a mini cut. I'm going to eat 1800 calories per day for about 2-6 weeks maximum. Little to no cardio but still gonna work on progressive overload and do my same routine of upper and lower split. Still basically lift the same and still have a good amount of volume but reduce the amount of sets this time since I'm cutting. Anyways I'm about 14-15% body fat and I don't think its a good idea to bulk when your abs are fading away and that's my opinion. There's no point in trying to bulk even more if your primary goal is to gain muscle and become aesthetic. The fatter you are the easier it is to gain fat and harder it is to gain muscle. I'll update if I get replies on this thread but I'm still gonna try to gain strength while cutting. Haven't really deadlifted too much on this bulk but my deadlift was definitely stronger from last year. My lifts have all increased from last year. But on this cut I'll start dead lifting more, at least once a week or once every two weeks. Mainly the macros I'll focus on is protein and that's basically it. I'm mainly focused on protein and calories and I'm gonna drink a lot more water. This will only go on for 2-6 weeks and I'll see if I can get my 14-15% down to maybe at least 10% body fat or maybe lower.. Anyone else have experiences with mini cuts? If so how did it go?

Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think no teenager should cut, unless obese. I definitely think no teenager should do an aggressive cut.

7jasko7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 7jasko7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 7jasko7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 7jasko7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 7jasko7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 7jasko7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 7jasko7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 7jasko7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 7jasko7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 7jasko7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 7jasko7 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Celf View Post
    I think no teenager should cut, unless obese. I definitely think no teenager should do an aggressive cut.
    ^this

its different when youre naturally lean
    Quod in vita facimus, in aeternum resonat.

BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BHFK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by athleticasian28 View Post
    So I'm currently on a bulking phase and just went on a rest deload week so starting tomorrow I'm going to start a mini cut. I'm going to eat 1800 calories per day for about 2-6 weeks maximum. Little to no cardio but still gonna work on progressive overload and do my same routine of upper and lower split. Still basically lift the same and still have a good amount of volume but reduce the amount of sets this time since I'm cutting. Anyways I'm about 14-15% body fat and I don't think its a good idea to bulk when your abs are fading away and that's my opinion. There's no point in trying to bulk even more if your primary goal is to gain muscle and become aesthetic. The fatter you are the easier it is to gain fat and harder it is to gain muscle. I'll update if I get replies on this thread but I'm still gonna try to gain strength while cutting. Haven't really deadlifted too much on this bulk but my deadlift was definitely stronger from last year. My lifts have all increased from last year. But on this cut I'll start dead lifting more, at least once a week or once every two weeks. Mainly the macros I'll focus on is protein and that's basically it. I'm mainly focused on protein and calories and I'm gonna drink a lot more water. This will only go on for 2-6 weeks and I'll see if I can get my 14-15% down to maybe at least 10% body fat or maybe lower.. Anyone else have experiences with mini cuts? If so how did it go?
    I always do this whenever my abs fade away because I always end up having a few cheat days and I eat more when trying to break through plateaus. In my experience, it's a lot of water weight that makes your abs look more blurry which comes off quickly, so I only cut for 2 weeks max but I do it aggressively at -1000 because it's only 2 weeks. A lot of people aren't gonna agree with me on this but it's working for me and I'm making good progress.

Registered User athleticasian28's Avatar
    athleticasian28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athleticasian28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athleticasian28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athleticasian28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athleticasian28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athleticasian28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athleticasian28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) athleticasian28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BHFK View Post
    I always do this whenever my abs fade away because I always end up having a few cheat days and I eat more when trying to break through plateaus. In my experience, it's a lot of water weight that makes your abs look more blurry which comes off quickly, so I only cut for 2 weeks max but I do it aggressively at -1000 because it's only 2 weeks. A lot of people aren't gonna agree with me on this but it's working for me and I'm making good progress.
    \

Exactly.. I think a lot of people misunderstand about this. You do lose some water weight but you also lose some fat and kind of clean up your diet a little. It's like getting a trim at the barber's, you're cleaning up your hair and looking more fresh, with a mini cut, you're minimizing some of the fat you've gained and losing water. Another thing is that many people thing since I'm a teen, this would f*ck up my metabolism. Well 2-4 weeks isn't enough time for my metabolism to adapt to the amount of calories I'm eating. This is gonna be good

Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50) Celf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So you asked a question, while you already knew what you were going to do without even listening to other people? Just hoping someone would answer it the way you wanted it?

Comparing a cut with a hair cut is just ridiculous. Going on a hair cut has nothing to do with your energy levels, muscle growth, hormones etc.
    But hey, you already decided what to do before even making this topic, right?