Thread: Need macro help

farhantmf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) farhantmf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) farhantmf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) farhantmf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) farhantmf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) farhantmf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) farhantmf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) farhantmf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) farhantmf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) farhantmf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) farhantmf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Need macro help

Hi , so i want to clean bulk.
    My weight is 50kg/110lbs and my height is 170cm/5ft 6. Male. My maintenance calorie is 1800 cal so I will surplus 500 cal to 2300 cal. But i am a little confuse of what macro ratio I should followed.

Myfitnesspal apps suggest i do 50/20/30 (C/P/F) , bodybuilding.com suggest i do 50/30/20 and some websites suggest 40/40/20 . I am wondering which will give the best impact . The general rule is you should eat 1-1.5 g of protein per bodyweight lbs . All 3 of the macro ratio meet the requirement . So am a little confused .

If it doesnt matter , I would probably go with 40/40/20 because I find it easier to just drink my protein shake rather than adding another cup of rice in my plate.
    Give me your thoughts !

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Probably going to need more calories; but for macros do not use a ratio. Hit protein and fat minimums (.7g of protein per pound and .4g of fat per pound) then fill out remaining calories as you like with protein/carbs/fat.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

farhantmf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) farhantmf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) farhantmf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) farhantmf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) farhantmf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) farhantmf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) farhantmf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) farhantmf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) farhantmf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) farhantmf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) farhantmf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thank you sir . But how much more calorie should I add ? I thought 500 cal surplus is the max before you add unneccesarry fat while bulking ?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I know you are light but you may well be underestimating. You can start with 2300 but if you aren't gaining a steady 1lb a week you will need to adjust it upwards as you go.

Be aware that we see many cases of skinny guys who are terrified of gaining weight - and so they simply stay skinny. Worrying unduly about fat gain will absolutely hold back your progress. Even if you accrue some bodyfat, it's relatively easy to deal with once you have a much more muscular body.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by farhantmf View Post
    Thank you sir . But how much more calorie should I add ? I thought 500 cal surplus is the max before you add unneccesarry fat while bulking ?
    Trial and error; pick a number and try it for a few weeks then adjust as needed based on results.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I know you are light but you may well be underestimating. You can start with 2300 but if you aren't gaining a steady 1lb a week you will need to adjust it upwards as you go.

Be aware that we see many cases of skinny guys who are terrified of gaining weight - and so they simply stay skinny. Worrying unduly about fat gain will absolutely hold back your progress. Even if you accrue some bodyfat, it's relatively easy to deal with once you have a much more muscular body.
    Thank you for that info , I will increase my calorie intake every week if I dont seem to progress well