RawDogDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDogDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDogDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDogDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDogDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDogDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDogDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

iPhone or Android?

Getting a new phone soon. Not looking to break the bank but willing to invest. Let's have it out: which is better, iPhone or Android? If Android, which one?

rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Apple harvest your data, but if you want more privacy stick with apple. they are going to allow you to opt out of tracking in the very near future

android if you want to use the phone in anyway you want to use the phone but you will be tracked by google, and every social media app you install.

since you are spending your money on high end products. both will be plenty fast for 3 years. Snapdragon 888 and A14 are both beastly. I have S21 and it has all the features I want. Fast wireless charging, Reverse Wireless Charging, etc..
    *** Free Thinker Crew ***

*** Herbert The Future GOAT Crew ***

*** HTC ***

illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Neither one is better than the other. However, if you're in the Apple ecosystem then the answer is clear. If you're not, then why are you asking?

Personally, I've had the best experience with Samsung and Oneplus phones. You can't really go wrong with these two brands. People on here seem to like Pixel phones a lot, but I don't understand why. I've tried one and didn't feel like the supposedly superior software experience was worth the extra money. Why pay a premium to get stock android along with subpar hardware, when you can get the best possible hardware your money can buy and just jailbreak to put whatever you want on if you really care about having a clean OS?

ClivesTriceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ClivesTriceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ClivesTriceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ClivesTriceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ClivesTriceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ClivesTriceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ClivesTriceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ClivesTriceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ClivesTriceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ClivesTriceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ClivesTriceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you like getting blowjobs in a Starbucks shtter from other dudes, Apple is for you.
    Worst jew in the world.

dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dmaaack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I switched from Android to iPhone recently.
    My experience is that iOS is much better optimized, faster.
    Apple seems to take privacy more seriously than other companies.

RawDogDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDogDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDogDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDogDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDogDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDogDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawDogDan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ClivesTriceps View Post
    If you like getting blowjobs in a Starbucks shtter from other dudes, Apple is for you.
    lmao

Originally Posted by rocketfish View Post
    Apple harvest your data, but if you want more privacy stick with apple. they are going to allow you to opt out of tracking in the very near future

android if you want to use the phone in anyway you want to use the phone but you will be tracked by google, and every social media app you install.

since you are spending your money on high end products. both will be plenty fast for 3 years. Snapdragon 888 and A14 are both beastly. I have S21 and it has all the features I want. Fast wireless charging, Reverse Wireless Charging, etc..
    Interesting... haven't heard that tracking news. Have an iPhone now and really wanted to get a good reason to dump it for an android but that changes a lot.

I'll look into the snapdragon still though, i feel like I keep seeing that name pop up. Wondering if I should just go ahead and uninstall google now from my devices, have been thinking about for awhile, TBH

MikeLowrrrey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MikeLowrrrey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MikeLowrrrey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MikeLowrrrey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MikeLowrrrey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MikeLowrrrey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MikeLowrrrey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MikeLowrrrey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MikeLowrrrey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MikeLowrrrey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MikeLowrrrey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by illah View Post
    Neither one is better than the other. However, if you're in the Apple ecosystem then the answer is clear. If you're not, then why are you asking?

Personally, I've had the best experience with Samsung and Oneplus phones. You can't really go wrong with these two brands. People on here seem to like Pixel phones a lot, but I don't understand why. I've tried one and didn't feel like the supposedly superior software experience was worth the extra money. Why pay a premium to get stock android along with subpar hardware, when you can get the best possible hardware your money can buy and just jailbreak to put whatever you want on if you really care about having a clean OS?
    One Plus is a Chinese brand. You really use them? IDK I just rather be on the safe side. Better uncle sam spying on me than some foreign power

tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000) tas4563 is just really nice. (+1000)
    My votes for Android. They're cheaper than iPhones depending on what you go for of course, plenty of options. You want a projector on your phone? There's an android for it, want some retarded 3d ****? There's an android for it. Best phone I've ever gotten was a 500$ razor gaming phone. It's 749 now for some reason, kinda old but it was good enough to run some ps2 games if that's an interest. Kinda old now though. Phones called the Razor phone 2.

Backcontrol is just really nice. (+1000) Backcontrol is just really nice. (+1000) Backcontrol is just really nice. (+1000) Backcontrol is just really nice. (+1000) Backcontrol is just really nice. (+1000) Backcontrol is just really nice. (+1000) Backcontrol is just really nice. (+1000) Backcontrol is just really nice. (+1000) Backcontrol is just really nice. (+1000) Backcontrol is just really nice. (+1000) Backcontrol is just really nice. (+1000)
    Rather spend $200 on a cheap android and slap a basic launcher on it that does 95% of a flagship pixel. Good range of phones under $300 that have 6.5"+ screens, 4-5000mah battery, dual sim, NFC etc.

I'm also not an insecure woman so I don't take selfies every 5 minutes or give a **** about filming myself twerking on ticktok. I only use the camera when I scan a new item into myfitnesspal so don't giveafuk about having 9 cameras.

I also don't give a **** about the color or what it looks like - I'm going to put a case on it before the first time I even turn it on so I don't need to replace it every 6 months and have to pay more in coverage than I do in replacement phones.

wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If it's portable, then I want the Apple product. Love their seamless and intuitive designs and the camera on the iPhone 12 Pro is awesome.

mandarino is a name known to all. (+5000) mandarino is a name known to all. (+5000) mandarino is a name known to all. (+5000) mandarino is a name known to all. (+5000) mandarino is a name known to all. (+5000) mandarino is a name known to all. (+5000) mandarino is a name known to all. (+5000) mandarino is a name known to all. (+5000) mandarino is a name known to all. (+5000) mandarino is a name known to all. (+5000) mandarino is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Youre picking an ecosystem not a phone

3peat is a name known to all. (+5000) 3peat is a name known to all. (+5000) 3peat is a name known to all. (+5000) 3peat is a name known to all. (+5000) 3peat is a name known to all. (+5000) 3peat is a name known to all. (+5000) 3peat is a name known to all. (+5000) 3peat is a name known to all. (+5000) 3peat is a name known to all. (+5000) 3peat is a name known to all. (+5000) 3peat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    personally I use an iphone because I'm already hooked on apple products - I have a macbook, an ipad, a watch, they all communicate..
    of all their products I have I'd strongly agree the iphone is the most overpriced
    Yet I consider these investments with no return bc I never bother selling my old gadgets, and I use an iphone for around 4 years:
    Divide the cost for each year and I get whats my yearly expenditure on having a good phone (I know some people will argue one can use an android phone for 4 years too - okay, maybe, I've had samsung notes in the past.. the oldest one became an absolute brick after 2 years and all 2 of them received only security updates after the first and last android upgrade)
    its reliable all the time
    every iOS upgrade all the time
    the device itself feels good bc its made out of premium materials
    apple's service if needed is top
    I've used them 2 times - I had a dead pixel on my pad once, and the keyboard of my old macbook had made visible marks on the display mostl likely bc I carried it in a backpack - they've replaced my pad with a completely new one and the top lid (the display one) with a completely new one

that being said
    I don't mean to convince you apple or the iphone is better, it's just my experience aligned with the aspects I care about, and what works best for me.
    There are plenty of splendid android phones on the market - Im sure Android miscers can share some positive feedback on the phones they've used
    communist until you get rich
    feminist until you get married
    atheist until the airplane starts falling

we're all gonna make it

butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) butwhowasfeel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    as someone who owns both an iphone and android (samsung), iphone by far
    pm me ur pics and ill rep u haha jk no homo lol haha no but srsly pls pm me ur pics haha just glutes and maybe face haha no homo again lol just kidding kinda not rly lol pls send them

tekkenbruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tekkenbruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tekkenbruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tekkenbruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tekkenbruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tekkenbruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tekkenbruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tekkenbruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tekkenbruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tekkenbruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tekkenbruh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    iPhone
    Ragnar Lothbrok crew

LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LtGoose has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Iphones have notoriously bad battery capacity. If you want your phone to last a few days without charging then Android is the clear way to go. That's how I pick phones. Currently rocking the Samsung Galaxy S10+

In b4
    "b-b-but my iphone gets 12 hours of talk time!"
    "b-b-but I like having to recharge my phone every 2 hours"

Samsung Galaxy S10+ - 4100mAh
    Iphone 12 - 2815mAh
    Disclaimer: All posts made by [LtGoose] are works of satire. By reading this you agree to absolve the author of any and all liability.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    iphone is more aesthetic

mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have had dozens of Android products and dozens of Apple products at this point. Only advantage I really see with Apple is ease of use but it's not as if Android is difficult. I'd recommend Apple over Android for old people or children because of this though.

Besides that Android > Apple. Apple is just kinda that overpriced brand for hipsters too. Hard not to see a middle aged guy with an iphone and not assume he has had rivers of warm jizz run down his throat.

And Pixel > All

Originally Posted by butwhowasfeel View Post
    as someone who owns both an iphone and android (samsung), iphone by far
    Don't judge Android by a Samsung.

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    iphone is more aesthetic
    Yes, in many cases but to me the beauty on Android is you have many choices, probably hundreds at this point and you can pick the phone that is best for you, camera, software, form factor and aesthetics, process and memory, etc. I would definitely says there are some Androids which are more aesthetic than iPhones, but of course that can do with personal taste.

Thanks for all the input, bros. Curious if anyone has or has any experience with the Purism Librem 5. It's supposed to be the best for privacy but I don't have much experience with the Linux OS.

freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I love my iPad and that works well but I can't do it with the phones. I move files alot so being able to just stick my phone with a USB and pull files to and from my pc is just too needed. I can get away with it on my iPad because it's generally artwork and photoshop syncs with apple really well. Apple still just makes it extra annoying to move files between pc and device. Maybe if I was working on an iMac or something but until then no thanks too in convinient for my personal needs.

OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OttomanEmpire has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My mom still using my old iphone 5s and doesn't know how to close apps so when I go on it to close them I'm surprised that with 10-20 including camera that takes a chunk I'm assuming, the battery life is still good.

illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) illah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MikeLowrrrey View Post
    One Plus is a Chinese brand. You really use them? IDK I just rather be on the safe side. Better uncle sam spying on me than some foreign power
    Hail lord Jinping

3peat is a name known to all. (+5000) 3peat is a name known to all. (+5000) 3peat is a name known to all. (+5000) 3peat is a name known to all. (+5000) 3peat is a name known to all. (+5000) 3peat is a name known to all. (+5000) 3peat is a name known to all. (+5000) 3peat is a name known to all. (+5000) 3peat is a name known to all. (+5000) 3peat is a name known to all. (+5000) 3peat is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by freeburn View Post
    I love my iPad and that works well but I can't do it with the phones. I move files alot so being able to just stick my phone with a USB and pull files to and from my pc is just too needed. I can get away with it on my iPad because it's generally artwork and photoshop syncs with apple really well. Apple still just makes it extra annoying to move files between pc and device. Maybe if I was working on an iMac or something but until then no thanks too in convinient for my personal needs.
    not on topic but,
    they'll probably never make that for the same reason they wont make the macbook with touch display - those are 2 separate products and they both sell pretty well

If you use ipad as enthusiast or professional without mac, I'd suggest to stick to cloud based services, whether its icloud, dropbox, adobe or whatever you prefer. As for the artwork - honorable mention for affinity photo / design
    communist until you get rich
    feminist until you get married
    atheist until the airplane starts falling

we're all gonna make it

Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000) Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000) Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000) Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000) Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000) Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000) Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000) Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000) Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000) Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000) Chargr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by freeburn View Post
    With Windows computers I use either my OneDrive app or my network drive on the iPad/iPhone to transfer files. Makes things much easier. You don’t have to connect any USB cable.

I have plenty of Apple products and like how I can transfer files easily with airdrop.

chaunce54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chaunce54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chaunce54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chaunce54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chaunce54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chaunce54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chaunce54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chaunce54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chaunce54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chaunce54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chaunce54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Since Apple believes they still own their stuff AFTER you buy it, I just can't ever own an Apple product.
    ^^Former 300+lb Crew^^

WWPB2D

Nothing worthwile is ever easy.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wings_unhinged has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RawDogDan View Post
    Thanks for all the input, bros. Curious if anyone has or has any experience with the Purism Librem 5. It's supposed to be the best for privacy but I don't have much experience with the Linux OS.
    My guess is that it won't be anywhere near as convenient ("fun") or slick as Android or Apple, but go for it if free software and privacy is important to you. From what I've heard, Apple is slightly better in the privacy realm than Android out of the box, but Android can be hardened further if you put in the effort.