MrCaptain is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Severe pain on the right side of my head every time I do any activity

Hello all. I’m new to weightlifting and have been working out 3x per week for about 2 months now. Everything was fine and dandy until 2 weeks ago when I was coming up from a squat, and I felt this severe pain on the right side of my head from the base of my skull to my forehead.

I had to stop my weight lifting and I guess I overdid it and needed rest. The headache dulled down and became a light throb.

Now whenever I exert myself the pain comes back full force like an artery is going to burst in my head. Really severe pain. Even during sex it comes now. I took this week completely off the gym and didn’t feel any pain, until I started doing push-ups 5 minz ago and still came back.

I went to the Dr, who said it’s a tension headache. Prescribed muscle relaxants NSAID. I been to the chiropractor as well for some adjustments.

I don’t know what else to do it’s ruining my life now. I did research and tried the week off the gym, doctor, meds, and Chiro.

Has anyone gone through this and can help me out here?

spence23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spence23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spence23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spence23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spence23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spence23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spence23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spence23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) spence23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had the injury about 10 years ago. On and off at the gym since then. I started training seriously again at the start of the summer and had another bout with these headaches. I took 2 weeks off from the gym and got another my first set of squats. I took a month off and the same thing happened. I'm at two months but essentially it ruined any progress I made.

I'm not sure if I need to be working on my conditioning, stretching, or if there is some other underlying issue. I don't like it either....