fitRN327 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How do I fix my metabolism?

So Ive been dieting for about 2 years straight. Im 28 years old. I moderately dieted for professional cheerleading auditions from about Nov -March 2017. I did a WNBF bikini competition July 2017 and was mostly on carb cycling. I prepped for a state level pageant in Nov 2017 and then reprepped for a national level pageant July 2018 and was very lean for both. I have had some short reverses but overall its been harder and harder to lose weight. My last prep which just ended I was doing an hour of cardio a month out and Im still on it. Im on about 150g protein/30gcarbs/and 30g fat. Im 5 ft 11 in and 145 lbs. My lowest weight was 135lbs. I just seem to be gaining and have the worst cravings all the time. I find myself eating extra PB and candy. I feel like my hormones are all over the place. I have a coach, but Im scared to tell her when I cheat I just end up doing extra cardio. I do 45-1hr steady state cardio 6 days a week. I feel like Im never going to get to a maintenance phase. Do ya'll have any suggestions?

kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fitRN327 View Post
    So Ive been dieting for about 2 years straight. Im 28 years old. I moderately dieted for professional cheerleading auditions from about Nov -March 2017. I did a WNBF bikini competition July 2017 and was mostly on carb cycling. I prepped for a state level pageant in Nov 2017 and then reprepped for a national level pageant July 2018 and was very lean for both. I have had some short reverses but overall its been harder and harder to lose weight. My last prep which just ended I was doing an hour of cardio a month out and Im still on it. Im on about 150g protein/30gcarbs/and 30g fat. Im 5 ft 11 in and 145 lbs. My lowest weight was 135lbs. I just seem to be gaining and have the worst cravings all the time. I find myself eating extra PB and candy. I feel like my hormones are all over the place. I have a coach, but Im scared to tell her when I cheat I just end up doing extra cardio. I do 45-1hr steady state cardio 6 days a week. I feel like Im never going to get to a maintenance phase. Do ya'll have any suggestions?
    Honest answer...fire your coach! If she really has you only eating 1000 calories a day at your height and activity level she is statving you. Thats insane and completely unhealthy.
    Thats the first step. Next step is to go see a doctor and get bloodwork done and check everything before you do anything else. Talk to your doctor about this. There are some real problems here
    Owner of So-B-Fit
    CPT

IG: stephaniesobien

NPC WPD and WNPF, Metal Militia powerlifter

fitRN327 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    She has told me it is unhealthy, but it was the only way to get me lean enough for pageant prep and she told me she would reverse me to make sure my metabolism was all set post pageant, but Ive been really struggling this last time. I think I am definitely taking a break from prepping. I calculated my macros at the end of my prep (she sends me all my meals not macros) and saw I was only on 1000-1200 calories it was pretty shocking.

kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm sorry, she is full of it. Starving is not the only way to get you lean enough. Thats all i'm going to say. She needs to go
    Owner of So-B-Fit
    CPT

IG: stephaniesobien

NPC WPD and WNPF, Metal Militia powerlifter

coachchris22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by fitRN327 View Post
    First, I would fire your coach ASAP. Second, it is incredibly important to understand the relationship between what is currently being implemented and what it is doing to your body. I can tell just by looking at your macros and stats that you are absolutely nowhere near the kinds of calories you should be eating which is why your body is responding the way it is (gaining and cravings - your body literally thinks it is starving so it wants to hold onto the little bit of nourishment it is getting; with the cravings your hunger/satifisfied hormones are all out of whack) and you are spot on with hormones being out of place, with calories (specifically fats) that low, your body is most likely struggling to keep up with normal production.

First steps would be to implement a recovery diet of sorts to get calories up to a HEALTHY place where you are getting the nutrition needed to not just get your hormones back in check but to also do the most beneficial thing for your metabolism and weight loss - build muscle!!!

If you want to chat more about how you can go about starting a recovery diet and what implications that may have on your cardio and training, PM me or email me at rockrepfit@gmail.com and I am more than happy to help you out!

In Health,
    Coach Chris