Registered User MassiveForehead's Avatar
    MassiveForehead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weight lifting into circuits

Hello just looking for a little advice as there is'nt much on the internet about it. Would it be considered doing too much if i did 45-50 mins weight lifing 8-12 reps straight into 10-15 minute curcuits after. Circuit doing every exercise i just performed on my chest or whatever day it is at 15 rep max straight after one another 3 rounds? The circuit mainly aiming at burning calories while emphasising on the muscle group a just trained. Don't want to overdo it.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I would prefer to just adjust my calorie intake to achieve the same net calorie balance - and not risk fatiguing myself to the point where I don't get effective lifting sessions. But if you prefer it your way, you just have to try it and see - although my view is that you should prioritise proper lifting as much as possible.

Thanks for the reply and duely noted. I've increased the duration of my normal weight lifting sessions by 10-15 minutes with lifting still the priority. I was just looking at it as a way of doing cardio while saving my legs for leg day.

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    if your objective is to burn calories, your diet is the most important thing. And if you want to preserve as much muscle as possible, I would get on a proper lifting program; trying to turn it into a cardio session probably isn't the best approach.

zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MassiveForehead View Post
    Hello just looking for a little advice as there is'nt much on the internet about it. Would it be considered doing too much if i did 45-50 mins weight lifing 8-12 reps straight into 10-15 minute curcuits after. Circuit doing every exercise i just performed on my chest or whatever day it is at 15 rep max straight after one another 3 rounds? The circuit mainly aiming at burning calories while emphasising on the muscle group a just trained. Don't want to overdo it.
    I`m not sure how effective a circuit would be if it is for one muscle group only. Reason being is that fatigue will build up in that single muscle group and the overall quality of the workout would suffer.

It would be more effective if you did the circuit focusing on antagonistic muscle groups or rotating through a fullbody format.

The amount of calories you will burn doing a single muscle group circuit is going to be pretty low, especially for a small muscle group like the pressing muscles.

I think giant sets/circuits are great for muscle endurance and conditioning but they should be set up in a fullbody format to be most effective.

Originally Posted by zGwild View Post
    I`m not sure how effective a circuit would be if it is for one muscle group only. Reason being is that fatigue will build up in that single muscle group and the overall quality of the workout would suffer.

It would be more effective if you did the circuit focusing on antagonistic muscle groups or rotating through a fullbody format.

The amount of calories you will burn doing a single muscle group circuit is going to be pretty low, especially for a small muscle group like the pressing muscles.

I think giant sets/circuits are great for muscle endurance and conditioning but they should be set up in a fullbody format to be most effective.
    sorry thats what i had in mind a "giant set". Had no idea what it was until i just researched it. Thanks for the info though.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by MassiveForehead View Post
    Just eat one less slice of bread each day--- about 70-80 calories or so---instead of trying to burn those calories by 'circuit' training.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733