Page 1 of 117 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    Willful is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Willful is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Willful is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Willful is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Willful is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Willful is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Willful is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Willful is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Willful is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Willful is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Willful is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

World of Warcraft Classic - Official Blizzard™ Servers

As many of you probably already know, World of Warcraft Classic was confirmed last year. Little information has been acquired since the trailer release except for the Developer's Watercooler announcement (https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...rcraft-classic). It seems like their goal is to give players the most genuine vanilla experience possible; this is unlike Oldschool Runescape which was geared towards player suggestions and voting for adding completely new content and tuning various aspects of the game.

Originally Posted by Wow Devs
    WOW CLASSIC: FIRST PROTOTYPE
    The first—and among the most important—decision we had to make was which version of the game to focus on. As many of you have noted, the classic period was two years long and full of changes. Core features like Battlegrounds were introduced in patches after WoW’s original launch, and class design similarly changed over time. After careful consideration, we decided on Patch 1.12: Drums of War as our foundation, because it represents the most complete version of the classic experience.

Once we had our starting point, we began taking stock of what we had in the source code and what we could make available, which included restoring the original development database from archival backups. After stitching various key pieces together, we had a locally rebuilt version of Patch 1.12 running internally. The team could create characters and do basic questing and leveling—and dying, which we did many times. For testing purposes. Obviously.

Our initial runs exposed a few (expected) issues: the game sometimes crashed, didn’t recognize our modern video cards, and was incompatible with our current login system. That first pass also couldn’t support any of our modern security and anti-cheating capabilities. Clearly we had a lot of work to do to make WoW Classic live up to the Blizzard standard of quality, and deliver the experience players want.
    I suspect we will get our next update come Blizzcon 2018 (Nov 2nd-3rd). In the mean time all we can do is wait, talk a bit about what we're hoping to see, in addition to reminisce in what the vanilla experience was like and discuss our gameplans for when it launches.

leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Vanilla servers are going to get stale and old real fast.

Nostalgia can only carry the idea so far. But once everyone has nothing to do but sit around for TM/SS zergs because there is no content, the servers will die.

Willful is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Willful is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Willful is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Willful is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Willful is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Willful is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Willful is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Willful is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Willful is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Willful is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Willful is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post

Nostalgia can only carry the idea so far. But once everyone has nothing to do but sit around for TM/SS zergs because there is no content, the servers will die.
    The trailer's rewind indicates to me the potentiality for releasing the expansions in the order they came out as it makes sense based upon player growth and development.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Still excited for this, loved Vanilla and still like playing private servers so an actual Blizz one would be nice for the longevity and stability.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    lol WoW classic is gonna fail imo

I remember the grind that was vanilla WoW... fukk dat chit OP

no thanks Jeff
    The model for the application of your principles is the boxer rather than the gladiator. The gladiator puts down or takes up the sword he uses, the boxer always has his hands and needs only to clench them into fists.
    ― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

"I didn't know anything about bodybuilding I was just doing this for happiness and I don't want to take the happiness away. For me it is meditation, a ritual between my mind and body" -Victor Richards

Mercenary. Non-negotiable CaliSuperSport's Avatar
    CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post

This silly argument again.

People have been playing Vanilla servers for like 10 years bro. I personally played on Fenix for two years, Kronos for 1 year, and Nostalrius for 1 year. I didn't devote 4 years strictly to nostalgia, it was a better rpg back then, hands down.

The only people it will get stale for are some of the highly skilled players who will smash content as soon as they're geared enough. Or people who can't hang with lack of QoL options.
    ωσяℓ∂ тяανєℓєя ȼяєω
    Pre-Med crew
    ★ NUFC ☆
    ₪ DEFQON.1 AUSTRALIA 2016 ₪
    177 lbs | O: 165 /// B: 275 /// S: 335 /// D: 390

ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by CaliSuperSport View Post
    Or people who can't hang with lack of QoL options.
    I definitely fall into this category lol

Though honestly, if a lot of my friends were down with it? I could probably see myself sticking with it.

vanilla fire mage ftw
    The model for the application of your principles is the boxer rather than the gladiator. The gladiator puts down or takes up the sword he uses, the boxer always has his hands and needs only to clench them into fists.

"I didn't know anything about bodybuilding I was just doing this for happiness and I don't want to take the happiness away. For me it is meditation, a ritual between my mind and body" -Victor Richards

CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CaliSuperSport has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ThatOneLurker View Post
    I definitely fall into this category lol

Though honestly, if a lot of my friends were down with it? I could probably see myself sticking with it.

vanilla fire mage ftw
    I got over it pretty damn quick tbh. Especially since I despise certain QoL changes like LFR and LFD. Fundamental aspects of Vanilla made the experience much more rewarding and social.

Running into randoms and running with your group to a dungeon >>>>>>> sitting in queues or on a flightmaster. I know there's tons of balance issues but you'd be surprised at the builds people have made viable on private servers.

And the ultimate dream of course is modern mechanics with classic RPG playstyle. Hopefully Blizz will learn from this.
    ωσяℓ∂ тяανєℓєя ȼяєω
    Pre-Med crew
    ★ NUFC ☆

Nah man I totally agree w/ the LFR and LFD, was better without. Epic af forming a group and going to the dungeon together at the summoning stone.

But I really like the flight path change where you don't stop at each location and have to get back on, lvl 20 and 40 mounts, most classes having self heals (smoother questing experience) etc...

Bracket199 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bracket199 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bracket199 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bracket199 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bracket199 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bracket199 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bracket199 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bracket199 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bracket199 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bracket199 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bracket199 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Going to Blizzcon 2017 was exciting to see this release. I think at this one they will only speak briefly about it. They will draw attention to say they are excited about the release of it, but since there's been no new "real" information, it will have an ETA of Winter 2020. Since the new expansion is coming out August 2018, the next one will be around August 2020, and they won't want to have fighting playerbases deciding where to play.

Everyone keeps saying that Vanilla will be amazing, but I'm having a bit of doubts. I appreciate the game, but I think it's getting glossed over a lot of flaws. the QOL changes vastly improve the game, and people aren't going to be prepared for what's about to come.

1) Dungeons took at least 45 minutes, if not longer to complete. This didn't include the time it took to get your group over there. I was a Warlock, so it cut a lot of time out, but most people have to slowly find their way there. All of this goes up to 1 1/2 hours
    2) Leveling was painfully slow. People already raged about the pace of the changes for BfA/Legion (during pre-patch), and Vanilla was much slower. If they find that isn't a good speed, wait until it takes you even longer to kill one enemy at a time, and carefully not aggroing more. After level 30, it took a few hours just to get a level (Vanilla).
    3) LFD/LFR is still one of the best inventions they created. Everyone complaining about not feeling the dynamic of cooperative play are kidding themselves. That was completely shoved down our throats to force us to use it. LFD made it so much easier to find groups and get things done immediately. No one will want to sit and waste their time looking for groups.
    If the argument is "use a guild", people can do that now, but they choose not to.
    4) Every class was pigeon-holed. You can play any spec you want, but once it comes to guild raiding, you're going to get a lot of complaints if some people are forced to spec one way (for the guild), while others can play whatever they want.
    5) Private servers work because they are scripted to help the playerbase. This will not be the case in Vanilla WoW servers. I think it will be more of a challenge than people make it out to be. The fact that people weren't even geared and can complete MC tells me it was scaled to make it more enjoyable for the mass. This also doesn't include the fact that you're not paying for the Private Server.

Right now, I can log on for 1 hour, and do the following: 2 Mythic+ runs, World Quests, and any quick Achievements I want to complete. This doesn't even add the fact that if I take an additional 1 hour in my play time, i can probably do a raid as well (and avoid other things to give myself more time).

Vanilla: 2 hours, can get you the following: Running around completing a bunch of quests OR Finding a group and completing a dungeon

In a nutshell, I think this game will improve from the "Classic" servers once they have BC and WOTLK released. They added more things, and class variety, that made the game more enjoyable. Both expansions fixed a lot of issues that suffered in Vanilla.

When (and this is a long time) it gets released, I would grind immediately to 60 not to waste any time. I think once you play this game casually to level, you're going to burn out and quit.
    ++ Positive Crew ++

*Go to theme parks and sit with strangers in rides. To get social pics for Tinder Crew*
    *Phone the talking clock just to hear someones voice Crew*

Nah man I totally agree w/ the LFR and LFD, was better without. Epic af forming a group and going to the dungeon together at the summoning stone.

But I really like the flight path change where you don't stop at each location and have to get back on, lvl 20 and 40 mounts, most classes having self heals (smoother questing experience) etc...
    I think they added that in Vanilla though. At least private servers had it. That's one of many reasons that Blizz decided to go with 1.12.

That downside is that's not the "true classic experience" that Brack said we'd get. Meaning alot of stuff we remember from early Vanilla won't be present, like having free-for-alls in the Gurubashi stands. Still wondering if they'll include battlegrounds at the beginning.

Originally Posted by Bracket199 View Post

Everyone keeps saying that Vanilla will be amazing, but I'm having a bit of doubts. I appreciate the game, but I think it's getting glossed over a lot of flaws. the QOL changes vastly improve the game, and people aren't going to be prepared for what's about to come.

1) Dungeons took at least 45 minutes, if not longer to complete. This didn't include the time it took to get your group over there. I was a Warlock, so it cut a lot of time out, but most people have to slowly find their way there. All of this goes up to 1 1/2 hours
    2) Leveling was painfully slow. People already raged about the pace of the changes for BfA/Legion (during pre-patch), and Vanilla was much slower. If they find that isn't a good speed, wait until it takes you even longer to kill one enemy at a time, and carefully not aggroing more. After level 30, it took a few hours just to get a level (Vanilla).
    3) LFD/LFR is still one of the best inventions they created. Everyone complaining about not feeling the dynamic of cooperative play are kidding themselves. That was completely shoved down our throats to force us to use it. LFD made it so much easier to find groups and get things done immediately. No one will want to sit and waste their time looking for groups.
    If the argument is "use a guild", people can do that now, but they choose not to.
    4) Every class was pigeon-holed. You can play any spec you want, but once it comes to guild raiding, you're going to get a lot of complaints if some people are forced to spec one way (for the guild), while others can play whatever they want.
    These things are all positive though. Dungeons in live are hopelessly trivial, boring, and become pointless for loot. LFD/LFR completely killed all player socialization for dungeons and basic raids and any RPG aspect since you just port to another zone. Making groups easier to form doesn't mean it's a net positive change. What happens is the game is built around rewarding you for repeat runs (more of X token for X quest or gear, for example) rather than each individual run, which is a major reason LFD/LFR have any relevance outside being "tourist mode". Blizz could easily make them much harder and more engaging and give you greater rewards for it.

GW1 did this well - when you entered a dungeon it felt dangerous and like a place of great reward/achievement.

The real best invention Blizz ever made for live was Mythic+. That catered to alot of players and I think it was a great addition - even though it feeds something I despise about live:the fire-hose approach of showering us with gear, achievs, and other shiny crap which gradually diminish their perceived value.

Making the leveling and dungeon experience slower and more difficult makes you appreciate the content more. Nobody gives a FUK when they finish Eye of Azshara unless it's a Mythic 9+. When you clear Wailing Caverns in 60 minutes and get Kresh's Shield or Fang gear to replace your grays, you were stoked and felt like you accomplished something.

Best approach IMO: made normal dungeons more challenging/rewarding and keep Mythic+ in live, because normal dungeons feel no different than walking through a zone. On topic: the more challenging leveling/dungeon experience is what draws many to Vanilla.
    ωσяℓ∂ тяανєℓєя ȼяєω
    Pre-Med crew
    ★ NUFC ☆

CorgiBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CorgiBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CorgiBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CorgiBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CorgiBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CorgiBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CorgiBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CorgiBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CorgiBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CorgiBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CorgiBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i just miss arenas

Originally Posted by .aeterna View Post
    Unless im reading this wrong, higher mythic + dungeons are crazy challenging. Between affixes and certain bosses, trash packs, etc., there's many points where there is no room for error. Finishing a higher run in time is exhilarating and one of the best feelings from WoW.
    High mythics are definitely challenging. i was separating them from normals where most people are.

Normals are a joke and painfully boring. So is questing. At the start of Legion I posted in General chat "I think these quests are giving me cancer" and a ton of people lol'd. Because it's just go here, pickup 5 quests, kill and fetch, repeat.
    ωσяℓ∂ тяανєℓєя ȼяєω
    Pre-Med crew
    ★ NUFC ☆

.aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    High mythics are definitely challenging. i was separating them from normals where most people are.

Normals are a joke and painfully boring. So is questing. At the start of Legion I posted in General chat "I think these quests are giving me cancer" and a ton of people lol'd. Because it's just go here, pickup 5 quests, kill and fetch, repeat.
    Ah, yeah very true. I'm currently leveling an alt for the expansion and questing/dungeons are painfully boring

thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000) thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000) thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000) thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000) thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000) thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000) thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000) thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000) thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000) thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000) thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I disagree on Mythic+. I think its an absolute garbage mechanic made because Blizzard is struggling to make challenging content.

Anything dungeon that is time-based is inherently flawed because it promotes over-gearing and DPS over actually being able to do mechanics correctly.

It'd much rather have a challenging dungeon, that a group has to take their time to setup pulls, do saps, sheeps, pull in a certain way to be able to get through, much more in line with the vanilla experience.

While stuff like LFR and Group Finder helps with that instant gratification of being able to find groups to do content, it takes away a huge part of what was awesome in WoW's prime, being the most juiced / geared person on your server. Now loot is so easy to get and come by, there's no awe by anything you get.

I remember in Vanilla I was the first person horde side to get an Ashkandi. Nothing felt cooler than seeing everyone stop to inspect you to see your gear as it was something that was actual rare. There's no rarity to any loot anymore.

Loot system in general is just really really bad right now. Titanforging is another dumb lazy mechanic like time-based dungeons as it allows for a dumb carrot on a stick "Well you got this mythic piece of gear, but keep running this raid and maybe you can get it, but titanforged!!!11". Lazy. Also, just the fact something can titanforge makes the effort of wanting to do mythic stupid.

I just used my free 110 boost on a rogue, doing world quests on broken shore I got a 245, a 230, and a 225 titanforged item. Thats mythic and heroic ilvl items just by doing a random quest. Why should I ever bother to dedicate myself to raid mythic when that is a possibility?

.aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) .aeterna has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by thugonomics View Post
    I disagree on Mythic+. I think its an absolute garbage mechanic made because Blizzard is struggling to make challenging content.

Anything dungeon that is time-based is inherently flawed because it promotes over-gearing and DPS over actually being able to do mechanics correctly.

It'd much rather have a challenging dungeon, that a group has to take their time to setup pulls, do saps, sheeps, pull in a certain way to be able to get through, much more in line with the vanilla experience.

While stuff like LFR and Group Finder helps with that instant gratification of being able to find groups to do content, it takes away a huge part of what was awesome in WoW's prime, being the most juiced / geared person on your server. Now loot is so easy to get and come by, there's no awe by anything you get.

I remember in Vanilla I was the first person horde side to get an Ashkandi. Nothing felt cooler than seeing everyone stop to inspect you to see your gear as it was something that was actual rare. There's no rarity to any loot anymore.

Loot system in general is just really really bad right now. Titanforging is another dumb lazy mechanic like time-based dungeons as it allows for a dumb carrot on a stick "Well you got this mythic piece of gear, but keep running this raid and maybe you can get it, but titanforged!!!11". Lazy. Also, just the fact something can titanforge makes the effort of wanting to do mythic stupid.

I just used my free 110 boost on a rogue, doing world quests on broken shore I got a 245, a 230, and a 225 titanforged item. Thats mythic and heroic ilvl items just by doing a random quest. Why should I ever bother to dedicate myself to raid mythic when that is a possibility?
    DPS cant simply ignore mechanics. At certain keys, there's so many one-shot mechanics from not only bosses but also trash, that everyone has to stay on point. Setting up pulls/Saps/Sheeps/CC are necessary with some affixes like Teeming; you cannot simply AOE all the trash on every pull

LFR is a joke but it allows casuals to get a glimpse into end-game raid bosses. The gear is **** and embarrassing and is labeled "RAID FINDER GEAR" so there's nothing to be proud of with it.

A person decked out in Mythic gear, which is appropriately labeled "MYTHIC" is legion's version of rarity in loot. In fact, it's better this way because there's less RNG involved with someone getting mythic-level gear (unless they were boosted).

titanforging is dumb but statistics will show that you'll likely never see someone with more than a few pieces of gear that forges higher than mythic-level gear.

matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000) matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000) matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000) matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000) matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000) matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000) matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000) matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000) matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000) matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000) matthew2474 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    DPS cant simply ignore mechanics. At certain keys, there's so many one-shot mechanics from not only bosses but also trash, that everyone has to stay on point. Setting up pulls/Saps/Sheeps/CC are necessary with some affixes like Teeming; you cannot simply AOE all the trash on every pull

LFR is a joke but it allows casuals to get a glimpse into end-game raid bosses. The gear is **** and embarrassing and is labeled "RAID FINDER GEAR" so there's nothing to be proud of with it.

A person decked out in Mythic gear, which is appropriately labeled "MYTHIC" is legion's version of rarity in loot. In fact, it's better this way because there's less RNG involved with someone getting mythic-level gear (unless they were boosted).

titanforging is dumb but statistics will show that you'll likely never see someone with more than a few pieces of gear that forges higher than mythic-level gear.

Good rebuttal.

When people try to say that WoW is "Easy" now, they're either letting nostalgia get to them or they are a LFR nub.

Mythic plus has put so much more replayability and difficulty it revived the game in itself entirely. The best system they've come out with besides raid scaling.

I'm not saying some content hasn't become easier but....

If you were around during the release of ToS ... hardly any raid touches those bosses in prior expacs. KJ was one of the hardest strats we've encountered.
    190lbs Comp lifts: 420/350/600 USAPL
    Warframe: Scornedfury

US Army
    91B

Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by matthew2474 View Post
    The best system they've come out with besides raid scaling.
    Raid scaling is one of the worst ideas ever introduced to WoW lol.

I personally think TBC raid difficult was very well done.
    Last edited by Purfected; 08-03-2018 at 03:48 PM.
    Yellow Fever Crew
    Never Lost a Streetfight Crew
    J-Drama Crew/
    Hana Yori Dango Fanclub Crew
    Boxing Crew

Originally Posted by thugonomics View Post

Pretty sure the high mythics give a more consistent stream of high level gear tho. I struggled to find high level stuff in Broken Shore or Argus. I did nothing but casual content and sat at 930 on my main.

Plus, Mythic satisfies those people who just have to do something. I personally can just put WoW down and play something else.

Yeah but that ease of access just cheapens the experience, srs. And unless I'm mistaken...all the mythic gear is just recolors of heroic and normal stuff right? Gladiator PvP gear seems like the only true unique stuff besides Challenge mode/Mage Tower/etc.
    ωσяℓ∂ тяανєℓєя ȼяєω
    Pre-Med crew
    ★ NUFC ☆

mkx1775 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mkx1775 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mkx1775 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mkx1775 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mkx1775 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mkx1775 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mkx1775 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mkx1775 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mkx1775 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mkx1775 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mkx1775 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I feel like this is 4 years too late (or even more) when the hype for Vanilla WoW servers were high. People will like it for like the first two months then get gear and will get bored of it. I don't think it'll keep the steam going.
    *** Extreme OCD crew *** (brb bench press not parallel to the ceiling beams)
    *** Always pick #7 crew ***
    NYG // NYR // NETS // NYY
    [ ] Bulking [x] Fap
    [x] Cutting [ ] No Fap

dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bracket199 View Post
    Going to Blizzcon 2017 was exciting to see this release. I think at this one they will only speak briefly about it. They will draw attention to say they are excited about the release of it, but since there's been no new "real" information, it will have an ETA of Winter 2020. Since the new expansion is coming out August 2018, the next one will be around August 2020, and they won't want to have fighting playerbases deciding where to play.

5) Private servers work because they are scripted to help the playerbase. This will not be the case in Vanilla WoW servers. I think it will be more of a challenge than people make it out to be. The fact that people weren't even geared and can complete MC tells me it was scaled to make it more enjoyable for the mass. This also doesn't include the fact that you're not paying for the Private Server.

Right now, I can log on for 1 hour, and do the following: 2 Mythic+ runs, World Quests, and any quick Achievements I want to complete. This doesn't even add the fact that if I take an additional 1 hour in my play time, i can probably do a raid as well (and avoid other things to give myself more time).

Vanilla: 2 hours, can get you the following: Running around completing a bunch of quests OR Finding a group and completing a dungeon

In a nutshell, I think this game will improve from the "Classic" servers once they have BC and WOTLK released. They added more things, and class variety, that made the game more enjoyable. Both expansions fixed a lot of issues that suffered in Vanilla.

When (and this is a long time) it gets released, I would grind immediately to 60 not to waste any time. I think once you play this game casually to level, you're going to burn out and quit.
    LMAO ever play EQ? Talk about grind. You know why the game is even running right now? Classic/progression servers. The blanket statements don't apply to the 15 yr olds and instant gratification crew. Classic emulation servers are WILDLY popular for a reason. Everybody has a pretty solid idea of how classic will be if you've ever played on a decent emu in the last decade.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mkx1775 View Post
    I feel like this is 4 years too late (or even more) when the hype for Vanilla WoW servers were high. People will like it for like the first two months then get gear and will get bored of it. I don't think it'll keep the steam going.
    Depends, the thing that made Vanilla special was a strong combination of being new (MMOs were around before, and some were good, but this stood out) and a strong community on most servers. If you were good people knew you, if you sucked it was the same; if the community is not there like it was it will flop. If it is there than it can and likely will keep the servers going strong.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Originally Posted by matthew2474 View Post
    Good rebuttal.

When people try to say that WoW is "Easy" now, they're either letting nostalgia get to them or they are a LFR nub.

Mythic plus has put so much more replayability and difficulty it revived the game in itself entirely. The best system they've come out with besides raid scaling.

I'm not saying some content hasn't become easier but....

If you were around during the release of ToS ... hardly any raid touches those bosses in prior expacs. KJ was one of the hardest strats we've encountered.
    Mythic KJ is still one of the greatest world firsts ive seen in any wow expac. That boss was so crazy difficult, pre-tuning.

with the decline in WoW playerbase, raid scaling became a necessity. But there's no scaling with mythic

Pretty sure the high mythics give a more consistent stream of high level gear tho. I struggled to find high level stuff in Broken Shore or Argus. I did nothing but casual content and sat at 930 on my main.

Plus, Mythic satisfies those people who just have to do something. I personally can just put WoW down and play something else.

Yeah but that ease of access just cheapens the experience, srs. And unless I'm mistaken...all the mythic gear is just recolors of heroic and normal stuff right? Gladiator PvP gear seems like the only true unique stuff besides Challenge mode/Mage Tower/etc.
    if you're into transmog and stuff, sure its all recolors

and the mythic dungeons after 15+ give the equivalent of blue-level gear. Also, there's no tier pieces in dungeons. One cannot simply play M+ all day and expect to be in the top 1%, let alone the top 25%.

thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000) thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000) thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000) thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000) thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000) thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000) thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000) thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000) thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000) thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000) thugonomics is a name known to all. (+5000)

To each their own. I think for Mythic+ the timer is what's the worst aspect of it. Then, combine it with the amount of awful affixes that are not difficult, just stupidly annoying and anti-fun ruin it for me.

I haven't done anything too high, just purely because of the fact its simply not fun. I think the highest I've done is 17 or 18 prior to Antorus.

Design decisions that are lazy are what bug me the most, and in particular time-gating decisions to artificially extend content is pretty bad as well.

Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    Depends, the thing that made Vanilla special was a strong combination of being new (MMOs were around before, and some were good, but this stood out) and a strong community on most servers. If you were good people knew you, if you sucked it was the same; if the community is not there like it was it will flop. If it is there than it can and likely will keep the servers going strong.
    Excellent point, part of what I was talking about in my earlier post. Loved that feeling of a server where you knew everyone. You knew all the high warlords, you knew the guys with top gear who were really good. Even though transmoging has its pluses, when you saw someone walk by with a dark edge of insanity or a hand of rag you were always like OH **** THIS GUY IS JUICED. Really cool feeling.

digitalchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) digitalchi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mkx1775 View Post
    going to quote all of these doubt post a year after the games release, people underestimate wow hype.
    No soda crew
    Always pick 5 crew
    Time to cut crew
    Photography crew

newcomb12 is a name known to all. (+5000) newcomb12 is a name known to all. (+5000) newcomb12 is a name known to all. (+5000) newcomb12 is a name known to all. (+5000) newcomb12 is a name known to all. (+5000) newcomb12 is a name known to all. (+5000) newcomb12 is a name known to all. (+5000) newcomb12 is a name known to all. (+5000) newcomb12 is a name known to all. (+5000) newcomb12 is a name known to all. (+5000) newcomb12 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I do miss the newness that vanilla wow had as well as the community that went along with it. With that said, there is zero chance I would want to go back.

if you're into transmog and stuff, sure its all recolors

and the mythic dungeons after 15+ give the equivalent of blue-level gear. Also, there's no tier pieces in dungeons. One cannot simply play M+ all day and expect to be in the top 1%, let alone the top 25%.
    Gearing in Legion was an abomination IMO. Major discussions have been going through the community about bringing back conquest/Justice point vendors. I can't remember if that's actually the plan for BoA.
    ωσяℓ∂ тяανєℓєя ȼяєω
    Pre-Med crew
    ★ NUFC ☆

Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Purfected has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't give a fk if legion bosses have infinity more challenging mechanics than vanilla raids. vanilla as a whole game is way more enjoyable than modern WoW
    Yellow Fever Crew
    Never Lost a Streetfight Crew
    J-Drama Crew/
    Hana Yori Dango Fanclub Crew
    Boxing Crew

Positive Mental Attitude Aristotelian's Avatar
    Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Aristotelian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I remember the grind that was vanilla WoW... fukk dat chit OP
    Grind? LOL. Levelling in WoW was too easy - easier than any other good mmorpg I played (Everquest or Dark Age of Camelot as quick examples).

I have fond memories of the pvp server I played on. Some really fun times, especially going up against an alliance post-raid buffed premade in warsong gulch against our (fairly poorly equipped) pvp group. Epic flaming on the messageboards (but Everquest was way better in this way since the boards weren't truly regulated compared to Blizzard), drama, spying, trash talk.

But starting the server again will likely just attract some of the older, extremely experienced players to go dominate the content again, like those guys who started twinking alts like crazy and parking them in battlegrounds. I mean it was released almost 13 years ago and part of the nostalgia was not knowing what would come next. Knowing how the story would have to play out (equipment development, balance patches etc.) sort of spoils it.

Not something I'm interested in but could see why some players would be.