pb710 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Questions about my Bulk

Id appreciate your guys help as I just started bulking and have some questions regarding my macros and first bulking cycle. Feel free to roast me if I sound like a newb lol.

I weight 170lbs and have been eating 3000 calories a day for the past 2 months with the macros of around
    210g protein
    250g carbs
    120g fat

My diet consists of mainly clean foods and if im having something "dirty" I make sure it fits into my macros.

My routine is

Monday- Legs 90min
    Tuesday- Chest and Tris 90 min
    Wednesday- Shoulders 60min
    Thursday- Back and Bis 90min
    Friday-Full Body 90min

Basically I was wondering
    1) at 170lbs should is 3000 calories too much to be consuming? Ive been doing this for 2 months and havent noticed any serious fat gain, noticing decent muscle growth. But im worried if 3000 calories will give me any serious fat gain. Im overly cautious about this as I went from 215 pounds to 170lbs just last year, and recently got into weightlifting. I am 19 years old (excuse my age to the left definitely not 48) and have a good metabolism. Should I consume more?

2) How beneficial is dirty bulking? How much freedom do I have with this bulk when it comes to eating dirty foods? I see progress photos of guys who look great after a dirty bulk and it seems like theyve gained very little fat? How is this so? Am I just being too strict with myself? I have chick fil a maybe twice a week, chipotle twice a week, and buffalo wild wings once a week. Id only consider BWW dirty because the 24 boneless wings has 90g protein 90g fat, but thats the dirtiest thing that Ill eat once a week and I consider it my cheat meal.

3) At what weight should I start cutting?

4) I usually work 9 to 6 and only have time to eat my meals before and after on some days, will eating 2 big meals a day of 1500 cals each effect my progress. Its usually around 3 meals a day on the days that I work. So 1000cals per meal.

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Please read the stickies, especially this one: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

1. It depends on your rate of weight gain. If you're gaining 1-2 pounds per month then it's probably a good amount of calories.
    2. I would stop with the notion of "clean" and "dirty". The parameters that chiefly matter are net macros, micros, fiber, and rate of weight change. Which foods make up these parameters is mostly irrelevant (with a handful of exceptions). Gaining more than 2 pounds per month accelerates fat gain, not muscle gain, assuming no performance enhancing substances and that one is not beginning medically underweight. People can look like they are getting more muscular when they are actually just gaining fat at a quicker rate because they still look larger; this isn't obvious when they are wearing clothing.
    3. When your bodyfat percentage gets too high.
    4. That's fine.

Please spend time reading the stickies so you can develop a better understanding of the basics.

sandykb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by pb710 View Post
    Id appreciate your guys help as I just started bulking and have some questions regarding my macros and first bulking cycle. Feel free to roast me if I sound like a newb lol.

I weight 170lbs and have been eating 3000 calories a day for the past 2 months with the macros of around
    210g protein
    250g carbs
    120g fat

My diet consists of mainly clean foods and if im having something "dirty" I make sure it fits into my macros.

My routine is

Monday- Legs 90min
    Tuesday- Chest and Tris 90 min
    Wednesday- Shoulders 60min
    Thursday- Back and Bis 90min
    Friday-Full Body 90min

Basically I was wondering
    1) at 170lbs should is 3000 calories too much to be consuming? Ive been doing this for 2 months and havent noticed any serious fat gain, noticing decent muscle growth. But im worried if 3000 calories will give me any serious fat gain. Im overly cautious about this as I went from 215 pounds to 170lbs just last year, and recently got into weightlifting. I am 19 years old (excuse my age to the left definitely not 48) and have a good metabolism. Should I consume more?

2) How beneficial is dirty bulking? How much freedom do I have with this bulk when it comes to eating dirty foods? I see progress photos of guys who look great after a dirty bulk and it seems like theyve gained very little fat? How is this so? Am I just being too strict with myself? I have chick fil a maybe twice a week, chipotle twice a week, and buffalo wild wings once a week. Id only consider BWW dirty because the 24 boneless wings has 90g protein 90g fat, but thats the dirtiest thing that Ill eat once a week and I consider it my cheat meal.

3) At what weight should I start cutting?

4) I usually work 9 to 6 and only have time to eat my meals before and after on some days, will eating 2 big meals a day of 1500 cals each effect my progress. Its usually around 3 meals a day on the days that I work. So 1000cals per meal.
    1. Depends on your metabolic rate. Different for everyone. Work out how many calories you need to maintain your weight and then tweak depending on if you want to gain/lose weight.

2. Dirty bulking means you gain muscle but also lots of fat and you wont look as ripped. Try and keep sugars low.

3. Again, very subjective. If you feel you look too bulky, start to cut. If you're happy with the amount of muscle gained, start to cut.

4. It shouldn't affect your progress, as long as you're getting enough calories in!