EndTheCycle is on a distinguished road. (+10)

3 week mission to start with...

Hi

First time Posting here. I stumbled across this forum and decided I would get involved to see if I could draw motivation from this process. I may even be able to inspire someone else!

I've wasted so much energy thinking about losing weight and not doing anything about it and now I've had enough. Change is needed.

Stats:
    30yo Male
    108kg
    187cm
    Office Worker
    Moderately strong but poor cardio

Mission:
    3 weeks of sustained 1800Kcals per day.
    2 cheat meals per week
    1 night of drinking (max 4 pints lager)
    3 hours of cardio per week
    30 mins of weights per day (on my lunch break)

My goal weight is 90kg, but i need to break down my final goal into smaller, achievable, objectives. The first of which is to prove to myself i can diet for 3 weeks. After which i will see what has worked and what hasn't. Hopefully this log will help me! Wish me luck!

GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50) GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50) GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50) GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50) GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50) GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50) GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50) GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50) GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50) GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50) GirthRogers will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What are you going to eat to maintain your diet?
    You should plan out what foods to eat and plan ahead on how to get them at the appropriate time.
    What did the water say to the boat?

Nothing, it just waved. :)

Originally Posted by GirthRogers View Post
    What are you going to eat to maintain your diet?
    You should plan out what foods to eat and plan ahead on how to get them at the appropriate time.
    You're right!
    My plan is thus:
    Breakfast: 400Kcal (bran flakes & milk)
    Snacks: 200Kcal (banana & oranges)
    Lunch: est. 600Kcal (Office sandwich)
    Dinner: 600Kcal (Protein/fat veggies)

It may sound loose atm, but I think I will get more regimented the longer I go.

Day 1

Ate too much cereal but kept it below 400kcals. Lunch was the killer, had a egg mayo medium baguette very hard to tell the Kcal content (no label), judged against a shop bought est. 600Kcals. Dinner, mackerel salad 600Kcals.

Exercise: 30 mins of weights (chest day). 90min on the road bike, 35km.

I will weigh myself on day 3.

Day 3

I don't want this to turn into a food blog or have a ton of posts, so I've decided to just post an update every 2 days...

Today was a rest day at the gym but I still managed to get out for a ride, 15km in 45mins which I'm happy about, it brings my cardio up 2:15hrs for the week.

The diet is going ok but I need to start planning a bit better so I don't over eat healthy foods (still extra calories).

Todays weight: 106kg - That's 2kg lost in 2 days but that will be mostly water.

Recap: 3 days down and lots of improvement to be made on the diet front, thanks for reading!

Day 7

Life got in the way a little bit over the last few days and stopped me from posting. I had my first cheat meal on Thursday (American BBQ) and a beer and cocktail on Friday night, I went to the gym on both days (shoulders on Thursday and arms on Friday), Saturday I had my second cheat meal (Korean food), and no exercise over the course of the weekend.

My weight today, a week in, is 105kg. This is 3kg less than a week ago which is good, but there is plenty of room for improvemnet. So my plan for the rest of sunday is to meal prep for the next 3/5 days.

Round up:
    Weight: 105kg
    Cardio: 2:15hrs
    Weights (gym sessions): 4x
    Cheat meals: 2
    Drinks: 2