jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Olympic Squat Form Help

Hey guys just wanted people's opinion on how the olympic squat should be performed. So theres two videos I would like to talk about the first is OmarIsuf's video with coach Brian? It looks like when he breaks at the knees he pushes his hips forward in the descent of the exercise. Is that how he maintains a vertical spine and what is your opinion on knee health if he is pushing his hips forward? Unfortunately I cannot post videos on here yet but if you YouTube Omarisuf olympic squat form it should be the first video its 4 minutes long I think, thanks in advance guys.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Watched it, can't see any forward hip motion unless you are referring to him tensing his glutes before descending which is standard to get a neutral core and good brace.
    It's an okay vid, wouldn't worry about how upright others squat though, your personal biomechanics will dictate the amount of torso lean
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I understand I try to go a2g and just drop straight down pushing the knees out. I can reach depth but sometimes when I come out of the hole I'm kinda in a good morning position it's not that noticeable but I tense my core and squeeze my upper back and still end up just a little bit forward out of the hole. And have you seen the max aita squat video with mark bell? He emphasizes pushing the knee forward in the descent what's your opinion on that?

Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It really depends on why you are performing it.

If you're talking about a weightlifting-style high bar squat, then the point is to keep your torso as upright as possible as this will maximise ROM, push the load towards your knee extensors and mimic the clean. Not everyone will be able to achieve this position, as everyone has different morphology and mobility constraints, but an almost upright torso with knees forward over toes is more or less the 'ideal.' Pushing the knees forward is to try and stay upright as possible and recruit the knee extensors as much as possible.

You could be leaning over for any number of reasons. It's possible you are putting yourself in an unbalanced position due to your morphology and you simply lean forward to get back into balance. This is normal and natural, and you shouldn't fight it. However, if your knees are shifting back and your hips up, chances are you have weak quads.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jonjonx5 View Post
    I understand I try to go a2g and just drop straight down pushing the knees out. I can reach depth but sometimes when I come out of the hole I'm kinda in a good morning position it's not that noticeable but I tense my core and squeeze my upper back and still end up just a little bit forward out of the hole. And have you seen the max aita squat video with mark bell? He emphasizes pushing the knee forward in the descent what's your opinion on that?
    What are trying to do? Make a youtube video on how to squat with perfectly straight back, which is meaningless, or lifting towards some sort of goal?

Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    What are trying to do? Make a youtube video on how to squat with perfectly straight back, which is meaningless, or lifting towards some sort of goal?
    I'm a powerlifter but I'm taking a break from doing low back squatting and powerlifting as well. I assumed a deep high bar/Olympic squat would work my quads more and get them stronger plus the movement feels more natural than low bar and my back feels better but my knees are feeling weird now. I don't get pain in my knees when I squat deep I get like a tingling sensation almost like a pins and needles feeling in my right knee at the front of it. I just figured maybe I was doing something wrong, this Monday I'll upload a video and maybe you guys can see what I'm doing wrong.

Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Gwybodaeth is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    High bar squats will recruit more activity from your knee extensor muscles as your knees will travel forward over your toes and increase the moment arm for your knees.

Hey guys update, I really hate to necro this thread but I feel like double posting about the same subject would irritate some. I have two videos from behind and the side of me squatting I however cannot post the videos because I don't have the required posts number. If one of you can be so kind I can dm any of you the videos and you can post on here or you can just tell me what I'm doing wrong. It would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance.